Rituals, Musings, and Misc

Not my normal sort of ritual tonight. I normally know who I’m calling on. I had never met this God or similar before. I knew he was a God of sorts, knew he was from Asia, likely Chinese, and knew he wanted to help. Knowing nothing about this God, I wasn’t sure what to say, due to the situation.

And what was the situation? A family friend’s family got struck by lightning. One member died. A child was expected to make it, but functionality was unknown. And THAT was what I was going after.

Now, I do know that this God dealt with storms, but I don’t know how. Since I did this ritual hours ago, I’ve since sort of figured out who sent him, if it isn’t the Thunder God himself. But at the time, I didn’t know who this was.

Hu Xian, the Immortal Fox came and not only vouched for this Deity (or close enough), but also offered to help. I felt comfortable with that.

I moved some of Hu Xian’s altar items to the same space. She got three sticks of agarwood incense, as she normally does. I let the other choose and it was 2 benzoin sticks that arrived yesterday and one jasmine stick from the Asian Art exhibit.

I also charged and blooded the candles, which I don’t recall ever doing for Hu Xian before. The incense was lit from their respective candles.

5 Likes