Rituals, Musings, and Misc

Spirit Skull Housing Ritual

I did this ritual in my Gospel of Ghouls thread (Lounge), but wanted to reproduce it here. The purpose was to give a simplistic ritual to allow for obtaining a spirit from a Deity or similar and not need energetic skills to get it done. This is one of many ways and could/should be adapted as needed to fit your practice.

Materials used:
Play dough/clay
A square of paper (large enough to wrap the skull in)
Materials to imprint the skull with (“graveyard” dirt, Mugwort, Wormwood, Copal, Myhhr used here)
A square of cloth to wrap the bundle in.
Alcohol offering.
Lancet or blood letting device
Incense.

Crush up the materials and knead them into the clay.

Form the clay into a disc or similar for the skull to sit on.

Draw the sigil/symbol for the entity you’re calling on to obtain the spirit from (Kali shown here).

Place the clay and skull over the sigil/symbol.

Light the incense. Repeat this the next two nights. Save the ash.

Call out to the entity and state your purpose. Any asks of the spirit type should be included.

Present your offering to the Deity.

Dribble some alcohol over the skull. Repeat this the next two nights.

On the third night, after the offerings, combine the remaining dirt and ash.

Wrap the skull, clay, and mixture up with the paper, like a package. Cover this with the cloth.

Bury the package for 1-3 days, depending on what you’re told or feel is appropriate.

Retrieve the package and unwrap it to expose the skull.

Call out to the Deity and thank them for the spirit.

Speak to the spirit and give it the rules you expect it to live by and what your expectations are.

Place a drop of blood on the skull, to signify your acceptance of the entity.

Burn any remaining items in a fire or bury them responsibly.

About the materials…
These materials are used to imbue the skull with those properties. This will affect the spirit over time to give it more of that type of energy. The clay can be changed out with other materials as desired. The clay also acts as a stand for it to sit on.

About the spirit…
The spirit should be in and attached to the skull at the end of the third day. The Deity is the one who does this for you and using one is preferred, since coming across one elsewhere is a crap shoot. The 1-3 days of being buried is to help the newly housed spirit get comfortable with the situation.

I would encourage you to spend some time thinking about what type of spirit you’re looking for. You can do it blindly and let the Deity choose for you, which is what I did. If a specific spirit type is needed, like a “Hungry Ghost” or a vampiric one, then go for that type. This isn’t much different than requesting a familiar. Here, we’re focused on the Dead and Death entities.

About the house…
A skull is used here, but it doesn’t have to be a skull. You could choose a bone, crystal, rock, etc… I prefer natural materials, but that’s your choice to make.

Have fun.

6 Likes

My condolences, acknowledgement, and respect.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve posted this in this forum yet, so here it is!

5 Likes

I appreciate your willingness to come, even as I read the material with doubt, but sensing some veracity.

Qayin is an edgelord, but has some (ceremonial only) ability. His opinions are his and his melodramatic musings are largely worthless for a capable, stable practitioner.

So, why would I go about it? Mouthpieces are typically forgettable.

Iblis: “Because there is gain.”

"For who? I don’t care about his angle fetish. It reeks of one that doesn’t have the real, natural, accessible talent to actually achieve things. (Achievable with skill and forethought)

I had refused to swear to Iblis like some dark lord sycophant that #2 pretends you have to be.

Messengers aren’t the pinnacle.

I called out Iblis on the idiotic number of pregnant spirits, the sheer lack of demonstrable power. You targeted a lady eating, living, or both. There isn’t a shortage of people, by far, so this is either a while shit-load of spirits stuck in the Pretend-Christ era, or the Messenger wasn’t thinking clearly and this became obvious.

Qayin either didn’t have the patience, the sentience, or the capability. Don’t get me wrong. These spirits have power. Qayin admits to not calling them all, like some amateur. Clearly didn’t bother him because a half-ass 2nd volume was sanctioned (by him).

I will call them all. I will not target pregnant women. (8/72) And it will work.

His inability to handle these spirits isn’t my problem.

But Iblis knows I will Not swear to him like Leviathan.

Muslim, Christian, Jew…those are table scraps from Zoroatrianism and those before.

9 Likes

Now, JUST in case a source of Kryptonite wasn’t seen…

I spent over an hour “cat proofing” a different air mattress than the one I sleep on now. (Wife has the real bed for medical reasons). Then deciding that the tent, not used in Hawaii, might be best to limit the nonsense…

I hit up Nyarlathotep, who said I was good, delayed the Ibliss meeting…

I can say this - I expect to deal with less physical shit at this stage. One could argue about the other nonsense, but that seems genderless.

What IS clear is that it is better to give than receive, safety being equal

4 Likes

Continued experimenting with making (more) direct changes, without ritual. Connecting to the ALL (Tao) and implanting directly. I expect this change to happen anyhow, but am looking to speed it upon the World stage.

Should sound familiar to those just starting, where they practice on things that are more easily seen as a way to fine-tune technique and practice such. You didn’t think that was just for beginners, right?

There’s an entire apparatus that needs tuned, not just the measurements of this or that. When you do magic without excessive emotion, it IS a skill. The mechanism needs to work without the wasteful excess of draining oneself dry with emotions that won’t largely be there with sufficient shadow work, outside of specific life traumas.

Not a popular opinion, but anyone that’s been helped by me for years is largely a testament.

I didn’t say NO emotion. Just not excessive. A little to carry the importance. The fuel is energy/magic, not strong emotion. Emotion is how people access it, in a VERY inefficient way.

4 Likes

Azrael wanted his candle lit. So, I blooded it. Then blooded all of the idols/icons n my altar. Lit candles for those with them.

6 Likes

I asked Tiamat for an attunement once. This is what she gave me. First the pics, more info after.

The final “sigil”/symbol. I drew this with my fingers and/or a wand. Opening it as a sigil was my initial method.

First, this is a sigil of her “name”. We call her Tiamat. It’s helpful to see the T and the I as means of containing the rest.

Using the A and M.

The serpent-like eye is based upon her imagery and the cover of Baal Kadmon’s Tiamat Unveiled.

This is how I received it and put the pieces together.

I wasn’t planning on sharing that for a while. Partially because it caused a lot of Chaotic energy in the household when I was opening it daily for a while. But I felt I should, for some reason. I did reach out to her idol for approval, which I got.

You can use this for a lot of things. If you aren’t a center of Order (overall, not just through ritual methods), then close or back off on this practice.

It can be used to destabilize things, just via the energy, but there’s no telling how Order will reestablish things, if the opening isn’t controlled by the power of the magician.

One could channel this into a gift to a frenemy…

4 Likes

Judging by some of the news I’ve read, this seems to have worked. I’m not the sort to say (or think) that it was ALL me or anything like that. I don’t need to. Here, I can feel my “threads” when reading. Since there are likely many others also doing something similar, I am comfortable saying I had a hand in it.

All right, there are a few ways to go from here. One would be to then add to those existing threads (lines of effort). Another would be to open new ones to help verify the mechanism (at this level) is consistent. A third would be to open a really hard one as a verification.

I’ll likely do the last two. One, will be in a different part of the world currently involved with conflict to help ensure that there will be enough reporting to get an idea. I’ll have to study the conflict a little more than I have, so I can try to shift things in a way that will act as a semaphore when seen in reporting. I’m not interesting in “hoping” it worked.

The second line will be the hard one. Workings on this particular target (in the past) haven’t seemed to publicly show the results I was hoping for. Not looking for a wobbling here in the end, but a complete fall. I’ll need to put some thought into this, so I can see about doing the news semaphore to help verify it’s working.

We all know that going more specific with outcomes can increase the difficulty and, in some cases, the skill needed to pull it off. I don’t see much choice. I’d rather have something cleaner than that. This requires too much of me to use it for petty stuff. Maybe, if I gain some efficiency with it, that would change.

4 Likes

Speaking of this, came across one of those videos today. The aftermath of it. I don’t want to post the link here, as it is unblurred. PM if you want the link.

I just don’t get it.

Wife just got back from vacation and she brought me some loot!

A ceramic incense burner from Sea World in Orlando and a feather from a Crested Duck! @Veil she only brought one.

3 Likes

What is this about pregnant women, if i may ask this here?

1 Like

Iirc, there are 8 of the 72 that are focused on…negative outcomes for pregnancy, but especially pregnant women. Since this seems extraordinarily high, I doubt the author’s claim. Not that they couldn’t, but that those are their only specialties.

Today, there isn’t really the numbers game of a society existing like their would likely have been, say, thousands of years ago. Seems like that amount of time is a good opportunity to flex muscles in different ways. But, it was a motivator for me, to call them and find other means not listed from an edgelord point of view. My opinion, of course.

1 Like

It’s fine. I’m fine. Fine. Totally fine. Not like I wanted a pet duck. Or even a feather from a duck ever. Either. Either one ever.

Like I said. Totally fine.

I would continue this comment but I have been called away on urgent business which is definitely not sobbing in the shower. Good day gentlemen.

3 Likes

Well…errr… I guess on the bright side, you could bottle those tears and sell them. If people will buy farts in a jar, they might buy those, too. At least those can be seen.

2 Likes

Came across an unexpected surprise earlier today and my heart’s been heavier since. I was listening to a True Crime video of an interrogation of a man with my last name who’s child has been missing for years.

While our family lines branches generations ago (likely), that doesn’t mean I don’t feel for the little girl. Vengeance will have to wait. I want to secure the conviction and find her body.

I reached out at work to Hecate and Hel also answered the call to help make sure she’s not stuck. She came to my daily incense lighting for the dead and some of my ancestors, including our namesake, came to welcome her. It was unexpected and I was touched. Naturally, she’s allowed back as she pleases.

And as “thank you” to Hecate and Hel, I did these things for them.

Hecate also wanted to help with the finding of the body and leading investigators to her remains. The white candle is for Helios. Bifron, Balam, and Zagan. All of these entities are for assisting with the body recovery or solidifying the case.

Sorry the pictures are hard to see. It’s just that time of day and I won’t be able to babysit the candles later on this evening.

5 Likes

She came back again today, so she has at least figured out traveling and was with a spirit (human) I recognized today, at my daily incense for the dead and those that keep them". It was good to see that she came back and more “emotional” than it would normally have been.

I get why, though. She was beaten in the head and she died. The same was done to me, but I was older. I remember dying. I remember what I saw when I did. I remember making the choice to go back, because no one else was protecting us. I was 9-10.

The second time, I wasn’t given a choice.

So, it doesn’t surprise me, looking at it from that perspective, but I often don’t know that at the time. Skills first, reflection later, with this sort of thing.

I’ve died a few more times since then, not in the same category. I’m comfortable with those later ones, fyi.

I know the above is a pretty heavy topic and I always debate myself when I bring it up. It’s relevant here, so I did.

4 Likes

Not my normal sort of ritual tonight. I normally know who I’m calling on. I had never met this God or similar before. I knew he was a God of sorts, knew he was from Asia, likely Chinese, and knew he wanted to help. Knowing nothing about this God, I wasn’t sure what to say, due to the situation.

And what was the situation? A family friend’s family got struck by lightning. One member died. A child was expected to make it, but functionality was unknown. And THAT was what I was going after.

Now, I do know that this God dealt with storms, but I don’t know how. Since I did this ritual hours ago, I’ve since sort of figured out who sent him, if it isn’t the Thunder God himself. But at the time, I didn’t know who this was.

Hu Xian, the Immortal Fox came and not only vouched for this Deity (or close enough), but also offered to help. I felt comfortable with that.

I moved some of Hu Xian’s altar items to the same space. She got three sticks of agarwood incense, as she normally does. I let the other choose and it was 2 benzoin sticks that arrived yesterday and one jasmine stick from the Asian Art exhibit.

I also charged and blooded the candles, which I don’t recall ever doing for Hu Xian before. The incense was lit from their respective candles.

5 Likes

I had an unannounced visit from Prince Orobas tonight, to help with some understanding, both now and in the future.

I know that recent work done by @anon75849095 for me and past work from me for him helps this.

In essence, I was told to (my words) live the Tao, as I strive to. This was evident recently in an ask to a few people for their specific help. I listened and Orobas said to continue. Which can be difficult when you’re used to making things happen.

This was for him.

5 Likes

Not ALL offerings are thee same.

First, an apple sitting on the side of the sink (not with the others) for a few days that I knew was “rejected” by a member of my household. I knew several days ago by looking at it that it was rejected and that it had nothing wrong with it. So did the nature spirits here.

I wasn’t going to eat it, since it was suggested that I “do your thing” with it. But the local spirits already knew. And the apple had nothing wrong with it.

“(Please) don’t put it in your usual offering locations.” An unusual thing to get from the local Fae Queen. She didn’t want it and neither did hers.

It was “accepted” for the same reason I “offered” it. Refusing would mean waste, but NOT favor.

Afterwards, and they knew I had intended this, I grabbed a few clementines, which I was requested to put in my regular areas. I showed one, but gave two. I will give more, but not tonight.

My offering tree, among other spots.

This isn’t to say that discarded things don’t have value to them or that “new” or “fresh” offerings are all that they will accept. FAR from it. I can take pieces of bread I won’t eat and place them outside, with good, genuine intent, and these will be accepted.

But don’t give them with disregard or, worse, expect others to contemptuously.

I’ve curried a shit-ton of favor over several states/regions. That goes far enough to protect my pre-teen son, but there’s no favor gained from tossing something outside with an “Oh hey, yeah, here you go” approach.

4 Likes