[JOURNAL] Two idiots, a loop, and a dream

Thankfulness and A Shock

I had an interesting experience last night. I refuse to say out loud Mysterious was right.

Me, having to admit that he was right:

"Did I see you last night?"

I was talking to Mysterious last night because I could sense him better. It was really pleasant, and often I would see small orbs of red-orange light floating around intermittently.

I asked him about a hobby or something, because I always felt like I did the talking when we were together. He said that he had something playing in the background that he was listening to.

“If you’re listening to it in the background, what are you doing?” I asked.

I was suddenly overwhelmed by a vision of a floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a wide vision of forest trees. A yellow fog cascades down from the mountains over the tops of the trees.

There is a slow pan backwards. I see Mysterious sitting on a bench in a hallway, hands grasping the edge of the bench. Charles sits on the bench beside him, both staring out at the forest beyond the window.

I slid deep into the vision, and that’s the best way I can describe it. I felt myself being pulled into something and slightly panicked. I pushed out of the vision and leaned back–

then the most peculiar thing happened.

I saw someone sitting on the footstool beside me, arm extended as if to touch my hair. I gasped, then screamed, nearly falling out of my chair. As soon as I saw them, they were gone, and the space they occupied seemed to contort and “swirl” back to normal (I have no way to describe it).

I laughed immediately, “Sorry, I always expect that something else is going to pop in an eat me.”

I immediately realized what happened, and went into over-analyze and apologize mode. The room felt awkward, uneasy. Mysterious disappeared only briefly, then returned.

“I can’t believe that I did that.” I smacked my forehead. “For the record, I would not be terrified if I saw you, I thought I saw a dog or something. It was just my eyes adjusting and I wasn’t expecting it!”

Silence.

You know that feeling you get when you’re somewhere you’re not supposed to be? That was the feeling. It was a creepy-crawly sensation, and the room felt heavy and weird. It was surreal and I can’t even muster the words to describe it.

“I wouldn’t be that way. Again.” I continued. I couldn’t shut up. “I just worry about blight and things like that. I mean–what if I go into a situation, think it’s you, then someone attacks me? Y’know.”

“Let’s just move on.”

We talked casually, but the whole thing was off now. I was completely embarrassed, consigning to maybe he was right–maybe I would be terrified if I saw him. Maybe I wasn’t so “chill.”

So lame.

I expected him to also say to me that “he knew I’d be like this” but he didn’t say anything. In fact, he became much less talkative.

“I guess I should go to bed.” I sighed.

He made some comment, snarky as usual. I can’t recall the exact statement now, but it alluded that something more than the trick of the eye happened. Dare I even say–he was surprised.

I got out of my chair and walked to the door. “I feel like something happened and you’re just not telling me.”

“Yes, but I am not in the headspace to deal with this right now.” He responded.

I went to bed, more than just annoyed with myself.

As I sat in bed, I realized that the arm was reaching out to touch me. It was then, in a conversation with K, that I realized–did I just see Mysterious?

3 Likes