Experiments in Cultivating Nightshades

Experiments in Cultivating Nightshades

Following the teachings of Harold Roth and the invaluable advice of @Dankquanicus (thanks again! :herb:), I am going to attempt to grow three nightshades:

The Datura seeds came from a wild plant that made its way into my old community garden. The Black Henbane seeds were a gift. I bought the Belladonna seeds online. Iā€™ve grown tomatoes and the like, but nothing like this. Letā€™s see how it goes :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Waxing Crescent Moon in Pisces
Hour of Saturn

I began germinating these seeds (after the Winter Solstice) in water I collected and charged over the last blood moon. It is not filtered, which is of some concern.

I need to change the water everyday, so I am preparing a flask of boiled blood moon water for tomorrow. I will of course chill it completely before suspending the seeds in it.

I wrote little poems for them which I recited as I suspended them. They are now in my refrigerator. I will ask Hekate and the Graces to bless them in ritual.

I have never done this before. Please leave constructive feedback if you have any.

9 Likes

Today marks two weeks since beginning germination. It feels right to plant Datura, but not Belladonna or Henbane. I did a tarot reading to check.

Datura: The Star
Belladonna: King of Cups R
Henbane: Knight of Cups R

I will plant Datura in the nightime hour of Saturn. I will keep germinating Belladonna and Henbane.

7 Likes

Waning Gibbous Moon in Virgo
Hour of Saturn

The Datura seeds were blessed in ritual by Hekate and their sewing blessed by the Graces. May they grow strong and thrive in my garden, and may our spirits come closer together.

Thank you @Dankquanicus for the continued astrological guidance!

6 Likes

Tobacco is a nightshade and I can help you grow, cure, ferment and naturally flavour it. Tobacco is a glorious plant - I use it regularly and Magickally. Itā€™s an important part of my food pyramid. Couldnā€™t be bothered existing without it. Let me know.

Al.

5 Likes

I would love too. I will try to source some seeds. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Because Iā€™m a self-professed High Adept in the Black Arts I know that people who arenā€™t addicted to nicotine donā€™t deserve to live. Yeah, itā€™s just that simple. Thereā€™s no real point in beating around the bush. As a pipe smoker, snuff taker and top-deck oral tobacco man Iā€™m more than eminently qualified to hold forth with my educated opinions.

I have always firmly and steadfastly maintained that nicotine addicts are better than anyone else, and thatā€™s why Iā€™m better than you. Itā€™s just obvious. No point attempting to argue, is there?

I know that a pipe is the thinking (wo)manā€™s tool. And I appreciate the comfort that a pipe smoke brings. I relax into reassured sleep knowing that my snuffbox is on the bedside table ā€“ just in case. I only venture out with a good wad in my top lip because Iā€™m a gentleman.

And because Iā€™m a really high-octane nicotine addict Magician Iā€™m better than and look down upon everyone else. I mean itā€™s obvious why, isnā€™t it? Iā€™d love to find a hardcore, filter-less bitch whose mouth tasted like an industrial waste incinerator ā€“ because thatā€™s who I am, deep down.

Whilst you health fanatics are staying healthy, Iā€™m getting whacked with strong nicotine; because unlike the MSM-driven, I know from vouchsafe, personal experience that tobacco is a wonder drug. Indeed, nicotine is my lifetime, all-time favourite drug. No worries! It was an instant and remains an abiding, decades old love affair. Magick was always ā€˜the other womanā€™ ā€“ Magick and nicotine.

Sorry. Just saying.

Al.

1 Like

Ref: The Witching Herbs by Harold Roth

4 Likes

All the more reason to figure out how to cultivate and circumvent supply chains.

3 Likes

If you are going to smoke N.rustica in style, youā€™ll need a Kiseru pipe. No point in curing or fermenting, as itā€™s so strong you can smoke it green. You can sun dry the leaves quickly because youā€™re not looking for flavour - only hit. If youā€™re a non-smoker itā€™ll knock your head clean off.

Iā€™ve used it just before bed to knock me out.

Al.

3 Likes

I took Kathryn Solieā€™s Introduction to Poisonous Plant Medicine Course a few years ago. She is nowhere near as witchy as Harold Roth, and is pretty geared towards the ā€œExtremely Sensitive Personā€ crowd, but I enjoyed the course. It is not grounded in any magickal framework and she was very unaware of core shamanistic concepts when I asked her about them, despite portraying herself as a ā€œplant shamanā€. Maybe she has informed herself since then.

2 Likes

Soā€¦. Following.

1 comment, wild tobacco cigarettes are awful compared to regular ones. Save it for the spirits since they wonā€™t be coughing their lungs out. If you smoke it you might be. Iā€™m not anti smoke Iā€™m anti cough and anti bad smells (some cigaretteā€™s actually smell good btw (considering they are burning leaves thatā€™s surprising to me).

I donā€™t smoke. These will be used as spirit offerings and in curses. So the stronger, the better.

3 Likes

I used to. And one time people were selling the smokes made from wild tobacco and omg did I cough like you wouldnā€™t believe. They were horrible.

On the other hand never had problems with regulate cigarettes and even 10 years later I still live the smell of certain brands of regular cigarettes.

1 Like

*10:36: on breaking ties with BLEG

1 Like

Sheā€™s welcome here. Sounds like she wants to do her own thing, community-wise though.

1 Like

I think sheā€™s been pretty burned, over and over. By internet occultists, by business competitors poaching her products, by sales platforms, and by her government (via the new regulations on abortifacients and poison path botanicals). It would be amazing if she joined, but idk if she would tbh.

1 Like

Sheā€™s taken a lot of hits recently, for sure. I like her stuff and she was always pleasant when we interacted elsewhere.

1 Like

Same. I love her products and she gave me a lot of solid advice when I was an absolute beginner. Free of charge and edgelord bullshit, lol.

1 Like

I have had no luck; perhaps my shaded, north-facing balcony just isnā€™t suited for it.

https://renaissanceastrology.com/astrologyandmagiccourses.html#greenmagic

2 Likes