SpideršŸ•· Weaving šŸ•ø

Witch & Broom (Tarot Reading)

October 10, 2022

Witch & Broom from ā€œMy Halloween Tarot Spreads.ā€ This was me reading for me.

Witch & Broom Reading

Where You Began: Queen of Wands

Impassioned, strong willed. The line between light and dark. Stepping into myself, into power. Independence. Confidence.

When I began this path, I was struggling with the darkness around me, the darkness within me. Looking for spots of light and unsure of how to wield what I had been given. Stepping into myself, learning who I was before being corrupted by other peopleā€™s views, wants, and choices. Finding my path, learning to be unrepentant about myself, my passion(s), my magick. Figuring out the role of confidence in magick and mundane. When I began, I was a young girl looking for everything I could not (did not) have and felt I needed. When I began, I walked away from a lot (of darkness) and made choices to walk a different path than the one I was set on by other people. Pele represents both sides of the self, both sides of the volcano. She is strong and she knows it. She does not need others to hand her anything.

Dark Night of the Soul: 2 of Wands

A choice of which path to walk. The gates are there, open, but in each hand a different staff, a different key. Looking to the past and to the future, decisions, planning, connecting dreams with true possibilities.

This is probably about a few ā€œDark Nights.ā€ So, the first time I left the religion I was indoctrinated into as a baby/child I went back twice. I was 10 & 11. Or maybe 9 & 10 or 9 & 11. I left because I felt like I needed something (and Iā€™m not going to name what because this is a public forum and Iā€™ve learned a real human that exists in my life physically knows Iā€™m here) and that god refused to give it to me. I felt betrayed. So I made a choice to walk away. And then, I went back and knelt down and repented and pleaded for forgiveness. Here I am though, so we all know that didnā€™t last too long. After those times, Iā€™ve made similar choices between continuing to walk this path and other things, or people at times.

Iā€™m scared one day Iā€™ll choose the other thing. Iā€™m scared one day I might choose the other thing and let it have me, and not come back. Iā€™ve run away before, and Iā€™m terrified I might try to or want to again.

What Keeps You Going: 10 of Cups :genie: :man_genie:

Longing, wishes, looking to the future, the happiness (especially when remembering what once was), the community, the truth that all can be well, optimism. Dantalion.

The 10 of Cupsā€¦what isnā€™t this card? What keeps me here, in magick, is so much. Itā€™s all the beauty that magick brings to my life. All the people it has led me to (love, cherish, value, make real relationships with). Itā€™s Dantalion too, that keeps me here. Lord knows heā€™s dragged me back enough times (and I thank him for it). I look at this card, and no words can tell what it means. This is just one of those full of feelings cards. Defies my ability to use words with strong enough capacity. What keeps me here is all I am, is all the world is, is all my friends (human and spirit) are. Itā€™s the good that keeps me here.

What Freedoms Magick Affords You: The Magician

Magic(k). An opportunity. To command, to be (as I am). Originality, self-confidence, breakthroughs. Resourcefulness. Changing dreams to reality.

(This one is just entertaining.) The Magician is an opportunity to carve and to make my path. Magick affords me the chance to be resourceful in ways that might evade the mundane-only or mundane-mostly folks. It lets me be in charge (or feel in charge at least) of myself, my life, my path, and so much else. It gives me a chance to explore weird things and empowers me to chase my dreams with the grounded hope that theyā€™ll be attainable. This card is straddling the line between an ā€œf youā€ and ā€˜what doesnā€™t magick give you?ā€™ A wonderful card in this placement. I love it.

What Magick Helps You Escape: King of Cups, 8 of Cups

2 cards, they came out together and felt together.

The things I have left behind, the rigidity of the self & external world. It has kept me from (too much) escapism, from walking away from myself, from turning my back on who I am. Kept me from only existing certain ways. Guided me into the King of Cups (energy, archetype, etc.) too.

It took me a little while to fully understand and appreciate these cards (together). The King of Cups is a favorite of mine (in all decks, but wow especially in this one, itā€™s my second fave). The 8 of Cups is about leaving. What does magick help you escape? ā€œKing of Cupsā€ & ā€œLeaving.ā€

What do I run from that magick has helped me leave? And I see these cards and I think ā€œmyself.ā€ But thatā€™s not right. So instead, I look again and I think about magick helping me walk away from a whole bunch of pretty full upright cups that were just not for me. And I think of magick allowing my escape from that deep, dark, hidden, subconscious, water dragon. Magick has offered me escape from many things, but none more than a person I was not and the person I was trapped under the water. The 8 of Cups is more than leaving, it is also taking a new, guided (by moonlight) path. A dark road, an unknown road, but even full cups bursting with well-meaning, uprightness, and well-being are not always an indicator that we should stay on a path or at a place.

What Magick You Run Away From: 3 of Swords (7 of Wands, The Lovers)

How much do you guys wanna know about me?

This is my favorite card of the deck. Itā€™s beautiful and the story is stunning. The Crane slices away her own feathers for a man that does not know what is happening yet benefits greatly. One day, he realizes though and in anger, feels betrayed.

I was confused, thoroughly, until I re-read the card placementā€™s description ^ (yeah, the one I wrote out). This card means a lot to me (in this deck specifically), one of the reasons itā€™s my favorite. But yes, itā€™s the epitome of what (parts of myself) I turn away from routinely. It haunts me, it makes me anxious. It stares back at me, and it sets my nerves on edge. It destabilizes me, has more than it does, but still the thoughts do too. I wasnā€™t expecting this card, I wasnā€™t expecting that it would fit in so flawlessly. No other card in the deck could substitute for this. Once upon a time, I began engaging in thought and action patterns that were not the healthiest. This card is an all too clear reminder.

Watch for Hazards: 8 of Wands

Fast paced, quick movements. Results. Pursuing too much at once.

This one is pretty straight forward I think. Be careful of wanting too much at once, at overreaching, and be cautious of moving too quickly through or into things. Be cautious of what results I am wanting, when. Typical ā€˜be careful what you wish forā€™ and moving too fast.

Where Your Magick is Going: The Moon, Page of Swords (Justice, Judgement)

Watch it. Illusions, trickery. Curiosity, truth, thoughtfulness, energy. (ā€œActions for good or evil are the seeds of the future.ā€ ā€œA call that leads to new awareness, a transformation that provides release from blocks.ā€)

I see 2 things here. The first is what type of magick Iā€™ll be pursuing and the second is more personal. The Page of Swords is the second, the other cards are the first.

1. Illusions all around. Tricks sprinkled in. That said, be mindful of my choices and how they will ripple out to affect my future. Be careful that Iā€™m staying true to my own beliefs, values, morals, etc. Shifting judgements, new things on the horizon. Weigh my decisions, but donā€™t be afraid to make them.

2. Playful, spirited, truth-seeking, curious, etc. for ā€œself.ā€ The ā€œchildishā€ one of the deck, running around seeking out newness, opportunity, experience, fun, truth. Eyes open, make decisions well thought out, but have fun because if magick isnā€™t fun (most of the time at least) then Iā€™m doing it wrong.

6 Likes