Notes, recipes, and memes

That is beautiful!

2 Likes

I love it! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

New custom skulls completed

Opal, Sodalite, Kunzite, Gold rutilated quartz, Yooperlite, Black Agate, dusting of selenite
This one fell over while curing, causing the resin to harden in a weird shape, so I had to pop it out of the mold, trim, and fix it (at the Kunzite layer= why there are pink bits on the Sodalite layer)

White jade, chalcedony, malachite, rose quartz, gold Rutilated Quartz, moonstone, dusting of selenite

5 Likes

Trying out a new smaller skull mold to put crystals and resin into. It has snakes
This one is shungite, iron, tourmaline. Exterior has purple Mica pigment. Iā€™m going to make a few more before making it into a listing in my store. It will probably be cheaper than the other skulls since it is smaller and Iā€™m also not doing layers like the other bigger skulls.

7 Likes

I love that piece!

3 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

Exciting stuff @Czar

1 Like

School has begun. I need to shift my focus from resin to books again. Especially since Iā€™m actually allergic to resin and my arms are covered in rashes despite using layers of nitrile gloves as a dermatologist recommended. I never used to be allergic to anything, and now Iā€™m allergic to resin, an antibiotic, and worst of all, alcohol. Itā€™s actually common among Asians to be allergic to alcohol due to an enzyme that doesnā€™t break it down properly. Not going to keep whining about wine though.
I had a productive break and I think my skulls are getting better. I am actually grateful for the customer that placed the giant order- sort of a rough start but after settling that misunderstanding, I am learning a lot from working with them to make all these skulls. They have a lot of history with energy healing, crystals, voodoo, the Loaā€¦
This one skull got messed up. I didnā€™t do anything differently from the other skulls so I donā€™t know how this happened. This can happen if thereā€™s a gap between the skull and the mold, which lets the later layers bleed onto the earlier ones. However, I donā€™t recall separating the skull from the mold to make such a gap. The customer is luckily forgiving about this kinda thing (it is still functioning properly) and attributed it to the spirit it is meant to heal (a nasty little bugger).
It has Opal, Iolite, Malachite, Gold Rutilated Quartz, Yellow Jasper, Hematite, selenite dusting on the base

I also made another snake-skull with black stones: shungite, tourmaline, lava, obsidian, onyx, resin and mica pigment. Some earlier skulls using this mold didnā€™t look so great, so I didnā€™t want to sell something I couldnā€™t make well enough. These still have a patch or two where thereā€™s a blemish but not noticeably, so good enough to upload to my store which I did.

This is without mica pigment:

My partnerā€™s family invited me over for dinner and they have a Buddhist altar with a figurine of Kwan Yin (Guan Yin), red bags (hĆ³ng bāo), red electric candles, red electric incense, and things theyā€™re proud of including a certificate my partner earned in high school for writing. His mother is very spiritual actually and for Chinese New Year (this Sunday) eats vegetarian. Before covid, my partner took me to a temple for CNY where we got some trinkets blessed by a monk, a $1 dollar bill in a red bag, and a vegetarian meal. It was the first time I went somewhere and received gifts vs paying for stuff. It was a long line but worth the wait. Happy Chinese New Year :rabbit2:

6 Likes

This is one of the new mini pyramids with some Gibeon Stardust in the tip. The stones from tip to base are: Gibeon stardust, celestite, glitter, Herkimer diamond, nuumite, kyanite, a very small amount of super seven in the base

Gibeon Stardust is one of the many extravagant requests from my bulk-order customer- the name intrigued me so I bought a little bit for myself. Itā€™s more like metal shavings than stone and came from the Gibeon meteorite which is estimated 4.5 billion years old. It is believed to have crashed in Namibia (southern Africa) 5000-30,000 years ago, and discovered in 1836-38

Rant:
That customer has reverted back to being difficult and now I canā€™t give them the benefit of the doubt (assuming theyā€™re just senile, unstable, that everything is just misunderstanding). The costs are already marked down significantly to the point that I am making less than a fraction of minimum wage (spent on their project, its modifications, reading/carefully responding to daily long messagesā€¦)
Normally I would charge a fee for powdered crystals, but waived that powder fee for them due to the size of the order. Iā€™ve never been requested to powder stones before, but it was taking so many hours (to powder enough for 1 skull layer) that I had to implement the powder fee at the start of the project, so it is new (calculated based on minimum wage x hours spent hammering/sifting into fine powder).
After some discussion, they agreed to buy some of the powders themself because that was cheaper for them than the powder fee I would charge. Seemed that would be that and could move forward.
However, I felt like I needed to remind them of the cost of the upcoming batch of skulls with applicable fees (other than the powder fee, which were explained multiple times before) factored in. Thereā€™s a pattern of not thoroughly reading my messages or just terrible memory. Now they are saying that the fees are ā€œnews to [them]ā€ despite that I have broken them down in detail dozens of times before.
The need for powdered everything is based on their conviction that powdered crystals ā€œvibrate higherā€.
This shit is not worth the very slim (and diminishing) profit margin.
Iā€™m regretting agreeing to take on this project in the first place and think itā€™s time to just find a way to stop and part ways amicably with minimal damage to either of us. If thatā€™s possible, I would send any powders already ordered back to them with the remaining skulls still in progress. I think I coukd do a honey jar to sweeten a parting of ways, so that we can both walk away from this without too much anger and/or resentment.

5 Likes

Stand your ground Czar. They are probably pushing you to see how much they can get away with. You are doing hard, honest work and you are being reasonable. It is more than ok to reassert your boundaries. Your time and skills are more valuable then their need to try and get as much out if you as they can. Value your time, whether they do or not. You sell wonderful products and deserve to be paid for your efforts and treated with respect.

4 Likes

Is this person worth a sweetening spell?

4 Likes

You are right. Not worth it. They are mistakening generosity for weakness and that takes a special type of shithead

5 Likes

For upcoming Valentineā€™s day, I made this love and lust oil:
Adam and Eve root
Dragonā€™s blood
Hibiscus
Jasmine
Licorice
Marjoram
Musk essential oil (synthetic)
Osmanthus
Rose
Violet
Yohimbee
The oil uses avocado oil (base oil substitutes: apricot is also good for love, olive is more all-purpose but suitable as a replacement)

6 Likes

I have organic chem lab today (omg first all nighter of the semester). We were supposed to get lab coats but I forgot. Guess Iā€™m wearing my ceremonial black robeā€¦jk no Iā€™m not going to burn holes into it. Do they make black lab coats? They get stained often, so why are they always white?
I may just go with a rain poncho.

7 Likes

This weird jellylike creature with hands came to me again (encountered in a similar way in nj over break) while I was trying to sleep. It had the same squeaky voice as last time and this time, it called me ā€œselfishā€. So I thought sure I can be selfish at times, but so what? Who isnā€™t? I couldnā€™t move much so I attempted a banishing incantation Iā€™d memorized, but a couple lines into it I couldnā€™t remember it anymore. It was like the little creature thing blocked my memory of it. It crept up my body from my legs, to my stomach and then Iā€™d hold its cold squishy hands around there and try to get it to go away. Couldnā€™t so I decided to get up.
Got pizza with my partner because pizza solves all problems

7 Likes

Evoke it and drag it into a spirit trap? Iā€™ve found this helpful for things that mess with me in sleep paralysis. I thought for a long time that I could only fight back when it happened. Now I know you can drag them into your temple/circle whenever you please. You can make a sigil for them, if it helps.

6 Likes

I have a banishing gesture for attacks in dreams and during paralysis. You can make one. Just make sure you exercise your inner authority when you use it. The thing Norse calls ā€œthe inner sparkā€.

6 Likes

Thank you for your tips! I didnā€™t know I could do that but will do the evocation tonight.
I actually had a dream where a spirit showed me some gestures for various reasons including to make something go away. I made a mirror box and will likely use it for this spirit. Itā€™s a little annoying that it kept coming back.
Thanks again

5 Likes

The Bornless Ritual is excellent for this as well. It can function spectacularly as an exorcism, which is a ā€œfuck offā€ to all undesirable spirits, energies, egregores, and thought-forms.
https://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib813.htm

6 Likes

Very cool. Maybe you can feed it the shitty jellyfish spirit as a gesture of appreciation :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes