[JOURNAL] Two idiots, a loop, and a dream

I originally wanted to post this WITH Buer on my Goetia post, but I realize that it’s probably better suited for here. I am a stickler on the posts.

The Haunted House

January 27, 2019, POV: Nautela

The [names] are names I’ve given the characters for the sake of brevity and clarity. Since we are close friends, their names never come up organically in conversations and I don’t recognize them.

Dream Contents

I stood in the academy with four others. We were on our way to an office, speaking about the equivalent of “Halloween” coming up. Outside, the season was clear: orange leaves, a golden glow to the atmosphere.

“Check it out.” A guy with red-orange hair [Tim] pulled six tickets out of his jeans pocket. “I got us tickets to the HOTTEST haunted house in town.”

“Eh. I’m good.” I shook my head.

“You’re seriously not going to go?” A brunette said to me. He was scruffier than the others, and wore work clothes. [Steve] “You never go ANYWHERE with us.”

“I know what I like and what I don’t like. That is something I won’t like.” I shook my head, folding my arms across my chest. “I’ve seen enough to know that there is nothing fun about being chased by one of those things through a house.”

I walk past them to go into the office, the other woman with them [Jen], and another man [Jake], continued to talk about the tickets.

Time winds forward, and I am convinced to go with them–despite my best judgement. We leave our dorm “house” that evening, but as we approach the front door, I see [what I now know is Buer] standing on the front step.

Buer wears a white, hockey-like mask on its face. Its eyes are red and face black beneath the mask.

We are chased into the depths of the dorm house. [Jake] is captured by Buer somewhere behind me, and I don’t see what happens to him. My other “friends” get out of the house, and I’m trapped inside. I run from the exit, hiding in the house after losing Buer somewhere downstairs.

I’m angry they left me behind, but push the feeling down to keep my heart still. I am hiding in a dark room somewhere upstairs. I thought I was safe, hidden behind a locked door beneath a desk, but I am pulled out by a creature in the dark. It doesn’t harm me, and instead allows me to exit the room in my terror, where I run into Buer again.

This time, though, I am able to get down the stairs and out the front door. I sprint across the grass to a party taking place on the lawn between several dorm houses, where [Nautela’s] sister, Amy, stands. I am panting and crying as I reach her. She stares at me in the way someone would look at another with disgust. She stops me from pushing past her, annoyed. “What is WRONG with you?!”

I continue to push past her, mumbling about how I need to get away from here. I venture further into the crowd, feeling like in the crowd I would be safe.

POV: Creature in the dark room

We are now sometime before Buer attacks the dorm house. I climb a drain pipe on the side of the house and peek in a window. As I am doing this, I grumble to myself about how they don’t put “enough fucking windows” on these dorms. I ascend the pipe until I see into the office from before.

[Jake] and [Jen] are having a moment next to the desk in the room before [Tim] and [Steve] enter. [Tim] talks about their next job, then how they’re surprised they could convince Nautela to join them in the haunted house. [Jen] pulls a booklet from the desk, and I feel a tinge of anxiety.

“We need to take this to Makyyrga.” [Jen] shows them the booklet. “I’m 100% sure that your boy and this dude are the same people.”

She has an ID booklet, and the photo on the booklet is Sam. I have to get that damn booklet. There is a flood of emotion: anger, frustration, disappointment. If these kids are able to take the booklet to Makyyrga, it is going to ruin everything.

The group of kids leave the room. I follow them to the kitchen of their dorm, where [Jen] puts the book on the table in sight of the window. They leave it there as they leave the kitchen.

A quick jerk opens the unlocked window. I slide inside, then take the book from the table. Unfortunately, they’re coming back in as I do this, and I slide beneath the table to hide from them. They don’t notice me.

“Did you take that book?” [Jen] asks [Jake].

“Did you bring it downstairs?” [Jake] asks, shutting and locking the window.

“Yes, I brought it downstairs.” [Jen] snaps. “I sat it next to my bag.”

[Jake] insists they look for the book when they get back to an apprehensive [Jen.] That is when all of the commotion starts. I move to exit the window, but it won’t budge. I move to the front door, now that the coast is clear. Before I leave, though, I hear her scream, and I realize Nautela is here.

I go up the stairs and in the office, thinking I can catch the demon as it passes, but instead I find myself in the room with Nautela. She rushes in and gently closes the door. She doesn’t turn on the light, which is great for me to continue to hide in the shadows. At least if Buer comes in here, I can attack it.

We wait what feels like an eternity. I have to get out of here before I’m caught sneaking around. I grab her and pull her out from under the desk, causing her to scream. This attracts the attention of Buer. Nautela rushes from the room and down the stairs, not even acknowledging the demon as it stands just before her.

Buer sees me, then takes a few steps back. This was a prank.

Whatever magic seems to be on the house has now dissipated. I am able to open the second story window and jump out. I fall into a bush, then run away from campus. I throw myself into a ditch, then open the ID book. It is then that I realize the creature I’m seeing the POV of is Sam.

This booklet has a ton of information on me, and I realize just how fucked I’d have been if they were able to turn this over. I realize then that it’s not enough to just get the book–if that group read any of this, they’d have to be no longer a problem. This was really bad.

3 Likes