Travel/mini altar suggestions

I need to create an easy to take and move around travel altar. I’m at my sisters 4 days a week, I need something I can grab and go but is a mini altar set up. I can use the fireplace mantle as a temporary altar but I need to be able to pack it up and move it daily.

I’m looking for suggestions of things that would fit this bill. And not cost a small fortune!

Thanks,
Ari :heart:

3 Likes

When I travel I usually take a seal an ashtray and a chime candle holder, usually the places I stay at are incense free (smoke detectors)

This pic was taken during a mini vacation in a beach resort, I had forgotten the candle holder so I had to buy a new one lol. But this is usually my on the go altar setup. Seal candle holder ashtray to place candle holder on and that’s about it. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you!

1 Like

I’ve seen people use cigar boxes, mentos cans, tackle boxes, lunch boxes…

Birthday candles or chime candles don’t take up much space. I’ve brought a baking cup with me to make sure my candles don’t leave wax drippings on counter tops. Then cleaned it up to give a tea offering either from it or just a mug/cup available.

You can print a picture of the deities or sigils. A lot of home Taoist altars use pictures.

A small paintbrush can help sweep up incense dust. The joss stick incense comes in “smokeless” versions which produces a minimal amount quite nicely.

I’ve bought the white tubes of incense sticks from Walmart just for the tube. I typically carry my incense in it when traveling if I will need it.

4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks!!

2 Likes

I know this chick on Instagram and her travel altar is kick ass I want one. She took A slice of wood like street slice a out 12 to 14" across, probably got it home Depot idk, but she sanded it painted it and has a few different cloths to cover it, she anointed it with abramelin oil and looks pretty kick ass. I’m def going to make similar.

3 Likes

tw2ray6naeia1
o8f2rxvmaeia1

6 Likes

This might help! Very similar to Norse’s suggestions.

5 Likes

I went through my stuff and found things for my mini/travel altar

A little box, black chime candles, a ring with Lucifer’s sigil, a miniature statue of Hekate, a necklace with Azazel’s sigil, a candle stick holder, a set of chakra stones, a few other stones, a bell, an owl , and some Hekate anointing oil, and a little vial of wormwood. And completed it with a small Halloween bag to carry it all!!

Oh and also a little book of matches and some tobacco incense. :smiley:

That should do just nicely. Hekate, Azazel, and Lucifer are the ones I work with the most, so those are a great start. I can always print out or draw sigils and things as needed.

4 Likes

Oh, and this guy. He’s going in the bag too. Because I have two this one and bigger one.

I mean if you have a goat box, ya gotta have the goat !! :goat:

4 Likes

That actually looks like a kick ass travel altar pack!

Damn… now I’ve got to make one…

Or,

Just never leave my temple lol

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

But for real yours is cool , I love the azazel , seir’im motif that rocks
:love_you_gesture:

2 Likes