The Official Social Club 1st Edition (The place for social conversations and hanging out)

@Celestia I think it’s what @Namira said (what ads for room air fresheners call going nose blind). It is a scientific fact that the nose about getting used to the smell tires from smelling a scent and stops noticing it after a while.

5 Likes

Possible

3 Likes

Well, i should loose weight this summer, yesterday I made me some ramen and two of my nephews took it from me. Then later I made a pizza and my neice took it from me. :sweat_smile:

I feel like Im in the Seinfeld episode about the soup kitchen…

No soup for you!! :bowl_with_spoon:

6 Likes

@Arianna Change to vegan mozzarella then you can tell them give it back it’s not fattening it’s soy cheese (will work better if the crusts a thin crust though). Literally provable that it’s healthy (I’d suggest a cauliflower crust but I don’t think there’s a do at home recipe for they for home made pizzas) if there is do it and roar angry enough to make the roof pop off if they touch it. Everyone deserves to enjoy pizza

and if that doesn’t work it’s nephew hunting season & next month it’s niece hunting season (I forget when duck season is) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

When you want to swear your spellcheck auto corrects to duck. When you want to say duck it changes it to fuck and you have to edit. I don’t think I’ll ever understand my spellchecks reasoning.

5 Likes

Literally. So ducking annoying. Lol

4 Likes

Made steak tartare with a side of Kraft macaroni and cheese. You can’t convince me of a better pairing!

4 Likes

@Namira Careful with that. Don’t know about where you are but in N.A. I think I read something like 70+% of ground beef got salmonella in it. Not saying don’t eat. Saying if you get any symptoms of upset food oido ing see a dr (remember seeing a episode of forensic files where a kid ate raw burger at camp and almost died from a strain of food poisoning. His kidneys were shutting down and other bad stuff). So eat at your own risk but if ya get symptoms don’t fuck around. See a dr n admit to eating raw meat in that case. That said, here’s hoping you don’t get sick.:crossed_fingers:

Add: read or heard it in that forensics episode forget where I heard the >70% ground beef is contaminated.

2 Likes

Thank you for your concern, though I am aware of the risks. Raw oysters, sushi, beef tartare, undercooked steaks… It is all my favorite food. I’ve survived so far.

3 Likes

YW. Not over concerned. Everyone here is an adult. Just reminding you that
if it happens and you get sick take it serious. :v:t2::peace_symbol::dove: and that’s all I’ll say on the matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do appreciate it, friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone else affected by the wildfires in Canada?

@Kish, I thought you guys only exported Maple syrup and nice people?

3 Likes

I’m a stone’s throw away from Canada in Upstate, NY and it’s horrible here, the air quality is the worst it’s ever been. Smells like burning wood, hazy skies and eerie nights…

3 Likes

Air is hazy here and they’re cancelling things outside.

4 Likes

Yep that’s Canada. Nice people and maple syrup are our specialty.

We have some effects. Air quality warnings and such. It all depends on how the winds are blowing with regards to the fires (currently they aren’t near me but we get the smoke blow in in spite of that.

6 Likes

Apparently the wind will be changing directions so we are supposed to get the bad air very soon (think of what NYC had yesterday on June 7, 2023).

Che Sera Sera whatever will be will
be ___ Che Sera Sera

Intentionally dropped part of the lyric as inaplicable.

The song goes the future’s not ours to see. Unfortunately we will see a change in air quality for the worse in a few hrs time as the wind is supposed to blow that smoke our way today. Oh well.Nothing I can do about it

I don’t have a private jet and giant fan after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Re cancel and stuff, here too. No outdoor recess for kids and the Blue Jays are playing with the roof closed among other stuff.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/video/lyC3bu0y?playlist=oLRZ3mum

Don’t know if the link will take you to the right forecast it did fit me, but
if it does that’s why I mentioned NYC’s experience ion Wednesday.

We gotta do a Gloiria Gaynor and say “I will survive” ditto anyone else getting smoked like salmon.

2 Likes

The lyrics may be about surviving a break up but nonetheless the sentiment applies even if the lyrics don’t.

4 Likes

I survived exams. 2nd Year done!

Also, if any of you come across pretty and cool designs of an archangel Michael tattoo, please send them my way!

7 Likes

Awesome!!! Congrats on a job well done :hugs:

6 Likes