Sigil Activation Ritual (Gordon White)

Sigil Activation Ritual (Gordon White)

• Delineate your magical space. This can be as simple as filling the room in your mind’s eye with a fade out of brilliant white light.

• Lay out your sigils in front of you. I’m either usually seated on the ground or at a large low coffee table. My kit tends to be a few candles, stick incense and the squares of paper, all arranged as artfully as I am capable of (ie not very) on a casting cloth.

• Light candles and incense. Colour correspondence is optional. I seem to get results from candles I actually like the look of rather than ones that supposedly match. (The way I do them, pinks and yellows look to my mind like I’m at a hobo kids birthday party.)

• Summon relevant beings. Either beings you have pre-existing relationships with or beings affiliated with road/gate openings. My activations seem to have more of a séance feel rather than a ‘blasting’ feel. Efficacy is better served by having a clear conduit to the other side to allow the shoal passage rather than maximum firepower at the base of a rocket.

• Meditate on each sigil individually. You’d be surprised how easy it is to genuinely forget which sigil encodes which magical goal. Pick one up, breathe and just stare at it in a comfortable, detached way. Your eyes will eventually warp the squiggle. Soon after it will feel ‘inert’… like it was once alive and has reverted to simply being a piece of paper. Mentally repeat Spare’s “Does not matter, need not be.” Put the sigil down and move onto the next one.

• Close down your space. When complete. No need to banish. You can if you want… it’s not really my bag.

That’s it. A couple of years back I would shoal entirely unrelated sigils at the one time. Anecdotally the results tend to appear in an odd, interrelated way. (For example, weight loss was achieved by moving jobs out of an area of London famed for its food and by moving to a position that doesn’t involve eating large, boozy lunches with clients three days a week. All I was after was more money and slightly smaller trousers.)

It doesn’t happen every time but be aware of it. For instance I wouldn’t curse someone, look for love and cure a cat all at the one time. (At least not with magic. Would make for a wacky afternoon off.) If you’re going to include unrelated goals to bulk out your shoal -and I do at least half the time- then here are some suggestions.

3 Likes
3 Likes