Rituals, Musings, and Misc

The last 3 days have been…challenging. It’ll be really hard to explain, because of Non-disclosure and similar. I’ll try to circumvent it.

Collaboration is part of my job. I find information, my “customers” want this information, and I send it their way. I’m a technical analyst. I find things in my areas of interest, I figure out who needs the info, and send it their way. There are well-established ways for doing so that a largely governed by policy or (literal) law.

So, I found something not really useful to my group, asked who might be, and sent some info (not the juicy stuff, but a way to access it if they’re allowed) to them, and called it good. It’s important to note that this is a well-established means of working with other groups for short turn-arounds and if something more formal is needed, we go another route. A more formal route was not needed. We thought.

Well, someone wants to know why X has the knowledge OF Y, not the data in it. This isn’t an issue, but it was presented as such to several of the customers (same larger employer) I regularly supply with info. Not the individuals I interact with, but the upper management that need to feel important.

This turns into 3 days of drama, explanations, and standing our ground (me and my leadership), while the tale is spun out of proportion until it is almost unrecognizable. Upper leadership at all levels are now getting involved and my name, once again, is being blackened right before the promotion season opens up (due late March). While this is the second thing that can affect that in less than 60 days, the initial one was chance and I don’t feel it’s connected.

Now, this spinner of tales is continuing to say it’s an issue to anyone that will listen, with one customer only agreeing because I didn’t go through them first (fuck that, now), and the other saying it isn’t an issue and they loved it.

This lady doesn’t do anything that I can see for the organization, but sits above my boss (he doesn’t report to her). They report to the same lady, that WILL be deciding my promotion.

I’ve talked to this lady once, for two minutes at most, over a year ago. Seems like she’s trying to bolster her position at my expense. We’ve heard from others that stated it to us before we even thought of that.

Very well. Prepare to receive. You don’t legitimately threaten me, my livelihood, and, by extension, my family, over complete horseshit without paying a price for that. You will learn to not do that again. She attempted to go down a route that would get me stripped of things and set me back several years, with a permanent black mark or two on my record. For what?

Thankfully, Glasya-Labolas is up on my Lessons of the Deck - Infernal thread. Wanna bet who volunteered to help out?

Yeah, eat it, assfuck.

Edit - I went to do the ritual and at the end, GL said to keep her card up. Lovely.

7 Likes