Random thoughts etc (and other stuff)

Really really random thought here :arrow_heading_down:

Read a while back that the poles swap polarities every some x-thousands of years. When it happens, will planes have to be driven overland due to defunct navigation systems and will we have to go back to horse and buggies and sailing ships? Or will everything just stop and all the planes fall out of the sky? Or will they be headed for New York and land in Sydney because south is north? And will east and west still be east and west if all the compasses are wrong (if/when it happens)? Also would that cause a Y2K like disaster (I say like, because Y2K never happened they just thought it would end the world).
Theoretically (it isn’t likely to happen soon but if it did).

1 Like

Excuse the slight rant had a bad day yesterday
So yesterday was almost the day from hell.

We finally got the landline fixed and then my phone froze up😡.

I never thought I’d ever be pissed ovor a phone battery for holding a charge too long :person_shrugging:

It froze at like 12pm (and I couldn’t turn it off or do anything with it) and the battery still hadn’t died at 230-ish am.

Oh and apparently apple partly fixed a problem with it I told them about (but unfortunately not the freezing up part) because while trying to turn it off or swipe up to unlock or something I accidentally did something that made my phone call 911. Talk about embarrassing :flushed:

At least the operator was understanding when I said what happened (probably was a 30 second break from all the help I’m dying help my kitchens on fire type calls, so maybe that’s why he sounded glad it wasn’t an emergency before he hung up. I say 30 seconds could how’ve been 10 or 60 I dunno really.

Oh and also yesterday because the phone was out cable company had shut off moms cable and so I had to call on my cell phone out we owed hod to go pay it before work.

All in all…. What a fucking frustrating hellish shitty day yesterday was.

Anyone else have days like that?

I will say I am glad my day wasn’t as bad as the guy reported on in the news yesterday. That guy had a worse day. There was an industrial accident and someone was killed. Obviously the guy in the news had a worse day than me. So the news report did put things in perspective. As bad and shitty as my day was, it wasn’t as bad as it could have been and someone else had a worse one. As bad as a day is, any day that doesn’t kill your is a good day when compared to a news story about a industrial accident with heavy machinery killing someone.

So as to what apple fixed. I had told them after a previous phone freeze that nothing not even call 911 would work so since trying shit to fix my phone mode it call 911 (embarrassing me) they at least made it so eleven a frozen phone can dial out in a emergency so kudos and congrats to apple for that because previously even that was completely immobilized by a phone freeze up.

Btw don’t select full screen zoom on a iPhone 13 Pro (any time I accidentally hit that when enlarging text, it freezes the phone up. Then the only way it resolves is if the battery dies. The reboot AFTER a dead battery after it is out of juice is the only thing thot fixes it (or rather that’s the only way to unfreeze the phone).

So any one else have their phone freeze up ever? If not and you got a iPhone be careful to never accidentally hit the change from window to full screen view if trying to read a webpage fine print or some tiny writing in meme it freezes your phone when trying to unzoom.

If only apple could fix that problem but at least they made it so even frozen there’s a way to get help in a emergency
:person_shrugging:

I suspect it has to do with the way this model reacts to its programming that some tiny code line clashes with another but I’m no coder/programmer so no idea really. Just guessing.

So In anycase it made for a helly frustrating day yesterday (one only put into perspective by hearing of someone else’s worse day on the news).

1 Like

Random thought not applicable
Thought related to the last entry…

Having your phone freeze up SUCKS BIG TIME.

2 Likes

Glad todays my day off so I don’t have to deal with the ire of my boss.
My coworker basically just told the boss off on WhatsApp

Some snippets from what the person said…

“As for as I’m concerned I do rotate as much as possible”

“As you all know product rotation is time consuming I only work ___ to ____ hours and there is a lot of work to do”

“You cannot give me a short shift and expect me to work as much as a long shift we are humans not robots. Thank you for understanding “

Like I am sure all the bosses are not happy about that message . I mean telling a boss they give you too much work is never a good move. Neither is saying in a way that sounds like blame that the boss doesn’t give you enough hours when it’s his boss or that bosses boss that does scheduling that’s like saying it’s your fault boss you don’t give me enough hours and want the impossible done.

So I am very very glad I have tomorrow off too. Hopefully the boss will be a bit cooled off by my next shift. Direct boss is passive aggressive and his boss is a yeller so I am glad I don’t have to go near either until Friday.

Word:
NEVER tell the boss they are giving you too much work to do.
And
It won’t help to say it’s because there’s not enough time to do it in.
And especially
DO NOT say we are humans not robots.

Seen how that plays out and it does not go well even without saying we are humans not robots.
This time it’s not me a time before when I saw similar wasn’t me but I did make a mistake once of saying the shift was too short to finish everything before and I KNOW that does not go over well.s

I am beginning to wonder if that person wants to be fired or something.

1 Like

Semi-Random thought…
Why don’t they teach don’t tell a boss there’s too much work in school🤔

Not random thought…
Thank goodness I’m off today and tomorrow too.

1 Like

Random thought…
Chicken or fish?

1 Like

Does…this boss need a smack from a land far, far away?

1 Like

Oof, both. I eat sardines sometimes to get the Omegas, but chicken can be cheaper.

Also, I can’t substitute fish without worrying about mercury. I’m crazy enough as it is! Don’t blame the sardines. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Not sure it has got to that point yet but the boss’s boss could use a chill pill or a dozen of them, it hasn’t been to bad for me yet, although she is stressing department boss man helly bad. I don’t know if she’s getting it from above because of her gender or if she’s o hyper triple the A type personality to the 9th power because of her ambitions :person_shrugging:

It’s a pity she doesn’t realize it’s better to not be always saying how all your underlings are fucking up and better to cover it up then post it. She doesn’t seem to get that she’s making herself look like an incompetent manager by always posting look at this why is that this is not how etc etc etc.

Never seen a manager so eager ho shows she’s on top of things that they make themselves look like they can’t handle shit before. I have nothing against her but as a on the sidelines watching I see she’s trying so hard shus messing up her chances of moving up and out to bigger. It’s a first for me to watch it. It’s almost like watching a train wreck except that people you know are getting stressed not killed by it.

@norse900 If you get what I’m trying to say
If it comes to anything she needs to realize she’s making herself look bad by always pointing out her underlings failings and mistakes. And a chill pill.
Not really sure there’s any magick that could make her realize what she’s actually doing to herself while coming down on everyone.

Every other manager I’ve ever known so far seemed to know it was Better to make it look like things are going smoothly while working side by side with their people to make it better. They weren’t inclined to show ever other manager things were not up to stuff. Like I don’t know if I’m going to phrase it right but block and tackle. Block others from seeing the problem and tackle the problem on the QT so it gets better without them looking like they couldn’t manage their people. Dig? That’s what she isn’t figuring out and he’s making the ones above her come down more on her while stressing her workers and dept. manager all having the effect of her looking like she can’t manage essentially.

But so far I’m getting the least of it because I do my work and keep my hood down more or less. Not like I was the one to fon the flame and essentially say ‘it’s your fault you give less hrs and won’t more work from it’ I knew not to.

The smack she needs is a reality check where she suddenly realizes that she’s going about stuff in a way sure to sabotage her ambitions and that fixing things on the qt would be better for her (and if she realized and acted on that we’d all be better off). I’m pretty sure her doing it is she’s desperate to show she’s get the right stuff to get ahead (meanwhile she’s coming off like she can’t handle even when she’s got let alone a higher
position) :person_shrugging: and her coming off like that is unlikely to get her moved up and transferred out of our store.n probablys
she wouldn’t even be transferred to a different store with the same position the way she’s doing things.

Add: Not that this matters but she is young and blonde probably late 20s so probably feels she has to prove herself to show she’s not a ____ (insert your own young woman or blonde stereotype in the blank because there’s any number of a million of them she might feel she has to prove doesn’t apply to her).

2 Likes

I feel ya. Give me a day or so and I’ll let you know. Juggling a few things. The entities I would suggest only make sense with explanation.

1 Like

Saw some news online doesn’t affect me but it boggles the mind
A hot climate Disney (CA? FL?) is closing down their log tide to put in a ‘bayou’ ride that won’t open for another 4 years why on earth would you close down a ride that helps you to cool off when you’re in a place where temperatures top 100 Fahrenheit? Seems a bit dumb.

And

Speaking of hot….

Anyone else having an unusual hot spell? It got up to 80 some places in Ontario today (April is usually 50s-60s depending on which half of the month you’re in.

Random thought… book tax prep soon or not?
Not so random thought… book the annual av checkup before heatwave ends or after?
Add: our tax prep deadline is end of April here.

2 Likes

Not random
An observation
And it pisses me off

If your phone freezes and you have to let it’s battery die to unfreeze it all your music downloads get lost (the album or playlist is still there but non of it is left on your phone).

I’m royally pissed at that happening again.
It takes 2 or 3 days to download it all(Walmart’s wifi is slow almost slower then cellular data believe it or not) and now I gotta do it all over again :rage:

2 Likes

Random reminder don’t use full screen zoom on iPhone 13 Pro. If you do you risk phone freeze. Anytime it accidentally selects that when I’m trying to close window zoom my phone freezes up, though I’m not sure if it’s the selecting full screen or the taping to close zoom triggers the freeze

2 Likes

Heat with humidity sucks!

As you can see If we had just a little more water (a few more great lakes) Ontario would be 1 gigantic island. Well ok, southern Ontario would be (on the map it’s the area that looks like a downward left arrow on the pic.
Ottawa is not considered part of southern Ontario.

It’s why we get so humid is in summer (especially when the warm front comes in from the south or west, like it is currently). We are surrounded by huge bodies of water (and evaporation off them increases humidity)

Add: I forgot James Bay was there too, but regardless (we have a ton of humidifying bodies of water around us).

3 Likes

Here’s hoping that 7-11 has the allergy medicine and if so thank the universe for Uber (my allergies are acting up). Crossing fingers :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The update: 7-11 does carry allergy meds (at an outrageous price $7 something for 3 pills. It’s usually $7 something for an 10 pack. Everything else was closed and it was an emergency need because I was having hives and other allergy symptoms and couldn’t wait til morning. Oh well, more important than the price was getting them asap. Not complaining. Would have been up shits creek if they hadn’t had some because they were the only place open showing they cary it (reactine) At 130 is the morning where I am (otherwise might have had to wait til 9am or later to get delivery (don’t think stores would appreciate red bumps and scratching if I’d waited and went myself). With Benadryl I’d have had to wake every 3-4 hours to beat the hives and since it’s bedtime not something I wanted to do.

1 Like

Random thought: when is a good thing not a good thing!

1 Like

Another day of frustration. Usually the free wifi at work works today I went to shop so I could use it and it didn’t. Oh well :person_shrugging: now I got to be careful with my data for the rest of the month because I couldn’t wait and downloaded a shitload of the music downloads my phone freeze up caused to be lost necessitating re-downloading of the music .Still got more to do but now I’m at the mercy of free wifi. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try the library for free wifi seeing as work’s was fucked today.

1 Like

Random thought…
Why can’t Walmart and McDonald’s afford a better wifi.

2 Likes

Random (news related) thought: How much pollution does space x’s rocket emit ?

2 Likes