Random thoughts etc (and other stuff)

Introductory statements:

So this will be a journal of random thoughts that pop up from reading various threads here. My UPG’s if you want to call them that.

These thoughts may be useful to you or garbage to you the reader depending on if they resonate with you or don’t. They’re not aimed at anyone or any thread specifically though reading a thread might be the origin of these thoughts thoughts

They’re here mostly so that they don’t clog up other peoples stuff with my random thoughts (be they gems of wisdom or the opposite)

These thought are not aimed at or directed at anyone. They may be inspired by what I read but they aren’t aimed at anyone (they were actually aimed at me my UPG as it were on my reading something or other if you want to get down to the root of it.

This journal likely won’t be updated very much it just depends on if something pops in my mind that isn’t gonna help the thread that inspires it if I posted it there cuz for the sake of good manners I’m not gonna derail peeps threads, if it could derail it it will go here.

So without further ado here’s the first few random thoughts…

XXXXXXXXXXXX Divider XXXXXXXXXXXX

Just because something/someone can fix the problem doesn’t mean it/they caused it.

Something can be involved with an enemy’s actions yet not have directly acted in concert with them.

Sometimes the friend of an enemy is the enemies own worst enemy.

Some things (people, entities) just like to sit back and watch (the world burn, people struggle, etc) for shits and giggles and sometimes they’re sitting back because they know from previous experiences what comes next (you seeking their help, you failing, you overcoming or whatever) cuz they’ve seen it play out before before with other people for something like 500+ generations

Add: and sometimes a toad is a toad and they did cause it (whatever the problem is) for their own shits and giggles.

-End random thoughts first entry-

7 Likes

Roger that! I get it, sometimes other peoples experiences and words are meant to be your lessons.

We don’t usually know this when it’s happening to us however!

3 Likes

If the past could be changed you’d loose the lessons you learned from it. If you lost the lessons you learned you’d either have to learn them over again (somehow) or lose the benefit the lessons provided you.

4 Likes

There are always imitators
It’s when the imitators
Exceed what they imitate
And what they imitate
Becomes the imitation
That the imitated has a problem

XXXXXXX
Divider
XXXXXXX

Dressing appropriate
Becomes being dressed inappropriately
If you change the situation you are in
Swimwear is appropriate in a pool
But if you move it to the church wedding
It becomes inappropriate
Unless you’re getting married in a pool

Add: nightclothes are appropriate in bed but step out to get the paper and you are no longer appropriately dressed So in the end appropriate is always situational

XXXXXXX
Divider
XXXXXXX

You can’t be prepared for everything
The trick is to be prepared for
The situation you’re in when you’re in it

3 Likes

Thought from reading something elsewhere

Some people don’t learn not to stand in front of the pitcher til they get hit by the ball, and even then it takes some of them 2700 times to learn to side step the pitch.

2 Likes

Not to clog up a thread I’m sticking these thought comments relating to my comment on another thread here.

The following is not deep stuff not like above just explanatory about a comment elsewhere on another thread because I didn’t want to take over the thread with this stuff about me and my whys and wherefores

Re kindle issues with pictures not showing or being to tiny to read or badly formatted which I mentioned on the thread about a possible future kindle release from author here. Where I mentioned seeing those review on interior design and architecture books…

I’ve been doodling and dreaming of building my dream home since 17 when I was in a depression group and they did a meditate on your dream home thingy (thru also did dream vacation etc too). But since then increasingly as I get older I get more and more into reading about architecture and interior design and stuff related to it (like Feng Shui and Vastu Shastra-hope I spelled that right).
Still dreaming not doing but when I see those reviews saying stuff like you can’t read the kindle version or the pics are missing from it dissuades me from buying a kindle when I see that (meaning in many cases they lost a sale cuz print books are expensive).

I just can’t dream of my dream home without images to get ideas from (my initial ideas were always pen and ink and I always sorta am a visual person with that stuff) so if a kindle gets reviews saying the pics (plates) are missing or you can’t read it I usually just don’t bother buying.

Add: and 1 thing I’m trying to figure how to do magickalky (&irl) is make my dream into a reality (currently dreams are plenty funding to make ‘em real not so much). And it doesn’t help when I got a person suing over a accident back in the day, cuz that shit just makes me afraid to try wealth magick lest the judge who hears it eventually gives her more then she asked for if I have more money (she’s suing for a million dollars) But that’s my shit to deal with and get over and past. So meantime I gotta get over my fears of what if and probably do some wealth magick stuff . I know that shits stupid fearing a what if. I’m currently working on that (trying to get over the what ifs to get on with getting what I want out of life and magick).

And with that off my chest I will likely return to the random thoughts already in progress with the next entry.

2 Likes

In mention in a thread briefly on the theoretical historical veracity of something read by someone this came to mind

I was reminded of a show where they were saying previous archeologists catalogued a grave as male cuz it had swords buried with the person but modern X-rays showed it was female so the following random thought popped up…

History has a nasty habit of biting archeologists in the ass when they dig up stuff that contradicts what they said before.

3 Likes

Truth!

3 Likes

Closed doors lack companionability, open doors lack intimacy, half open doors say you don’t know what you want. So you gotta decide what you want and position the door accordingly.

XXXXX -divider- XXXXX

Fast friends quickly depart when the issue of money and loans come up

XXXXX -divider- XXXXX

Slow friends can be like treacle they can stick to you like glue but be hard to get through to

XXXXX -divider- XXXXX

If you extend an invitation don’t be surprised if someone accepts it

XXXXX -divider- XXXXX

To a jockey a horse race is serious business
To the horse it’s just another opportunity to horse around

(Said while watching the queens plate which I almost missed cuz I forgot it was on today til a bit ago)

3 Likes

A couple oldies …

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there
Does it make a sound?
————
XXXXXX
————-

Does 1 hand clapping make a sound?

3 Likes

Not to a deaf person

3 Likes

When online window shopping I came across this (on a mug) and thought it deserved to be repeated here :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On!’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
-Calvin Coolidge-

Any chance he was a magickian? Jk BUT it is kind of magick appropriate isn’t it?

2 Likes

Random thought:
TOO MUCH GHEE!

I used ghee for the first time to scramble eggs for dinner cuz they were getting old (the eggs were still good but past the best before).

Learn from me: DO NOT use as much ghee as you do margarine on the pan. Yes there is such a thing as too much ghee!

So I used 4 eggs approximately 4 Tbs milk
The mistake: a heeping spoon of ghee in the pan.

Afterthought: next time I’llgo 1/2 a spoon to grease the pan and see what happens (it could still be too much ghee it but live and learn. And I won’t know until I try).

1 overfilled Tbs of ghee is TOO MUCH GHEE

Background: I usually have to add extra margarine because it sometimes sizzles down to where it isn’t greasing all of the pan and often need more even before the eggs go in. Obviously not the case with ghee.

So live n learn I guess

Add: Tbs=tablespoon for those uninitiated in the skill of cooking

Extra add: I rarely scramble on stovetop I usually use the microwave to scramble eggs but usually 1 Tbs would be needed for 4 eggs the rare times I do stovetop.

Microwave eggs as cooked 1 at a time recipie follows (courtesy of a circa 1980 microwave cook book that came with our first microwave which lasted from 1980 til almost 2020 before it died on us).

1 egg 1 Tbs milk optional 1 tsp (teaspoon) butter/margarine microwave

Cook time varies eggs take 2 goes. Try 30-45 seconds for a 1200 watt microwave for the 1st go. Then stir and add 10-20 seconds for the second go.

Adjust time according to how well your microwave cooks.

Microwave power setting high. Note the colder the egg the longer it takes but it isn’t enough to make much difference time wise (5-15 secs is all)

I usually skip the margarine/butter for microwave scrambled eggs.

Add: the original 800? watt microwave needed around a minute to cook the eggs but don’t go by that. If your eggs are runny they need more cooking regardless of how long you did them. If they get rubbery hard or too dry (I’ve never experienced that) then reduce time by 5 second increments until they’re coming out nice but if they come out runny increase time by 5-10 secs as needed too.

2 Likes

Which came first the Filly or the Philly?
Jk I already know the answer

Clouds never have a cloudy day there’s always sun on top of them

People only think it’s cloudy the sun’s still shining atop the clouds even when it rains
So enjoy the break from sunburns and remember the suns still there it’s just playing hide and seek with you so don’t worry you’ll find it again. Then when you do be grumping about how hot it is and that you wish it wasn’t so hot.

No one is ever so satisfied as when they are complaining about how dissatisfied they are to others

Without a little rain you’d be stuck paying for irrigation water to grow stuff

If you could harvest and store flood an waters you could irrigate the Sahara with it if you only had enough buckets to carry it in.

How can space be a vacuum if there are solar winds?

Some thoughts on time (not mine)

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
-Andy Warhol-

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
-Charles Darwin-

If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of. -Bruce Lee-

Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back. -Harvey Mackay-

Courtesy of

3 Likes

Watching crime beat rerun on the Andre Lalond shooting (not sure if I spelled that right)

They said “He was standing on a quiet road where nothing ever happened” about a cop shot in 1996 on a ‘routine traffic stop’ in Quebec.

Random thoughts:

Where nothing ever happens til it happens.
It’s always nothing ever happens til shit happens.

Isn’t it a Mr Murphy’s law that “Shit happens”?

If nothing ever happens something is bound to happen because the odds keep stacking up against it continuing to remain “where nothing ever happens”.

I think I’d rather be where something happened, then where nothing ever happens and be there when something happens because eventually something will happen there.

2 Likes

Update to eggs. 1/2 a spoon of ghee that’s gone kinda runny soft at room temperature is good and not too much ghee. Did the other 4 past date eggs for supper tonight to use them up so 1/2 a spoon is good :+1: not too much ghee lol

2 Likes

If people walked a mile in another man’s shoes they’d have sore feet.

If people ever got to live someone else’s life they’d be happy to get back to their own life

I am gonna regret being up late tonight but can’t help it. Mom had an acid reflux spell right when I was going to bed and I got woke up by it (hadn’t fully fallen asleep at that point I don’t think but it was quite the bit of excitement) and just can’t seem to fall back asleep. The regret is it’s 2 am and I work at 6 (so need to be up at 5 to be sure I get there on time).what’s the fuss you let wonder? Let’s just say if the acid reflux comes up and even a tiny bit gets accidentally inhaled it’s lung spasm time worse then an asthma attack ( I had it ONCE) where you just can’t catch a breath fir a short spell. It’s not really something I can explain that well . If you’ve had it happen you know if not you probably won’t understand what I’m talking about. Anyhow I convinced her to have a couple gaviscon and she’s ok now. Shouldn’t happen again since that was 2 hrs ago and no recurrence tonight

If you could live life in reverse would you disappear up your mothers wazoo or simply vanish (when a thought of Mork and Mindy came to mind. Nanoo Nanoo). -I guess I’m getting a bit tired now. So… gnite

2 Likes

If you turn the page the words are still there. So too the past. Everything ever done is still there.

3 Likes

Did Thomas Edison say power to the people when he lit the first lightbulb?

He who laughs last (obviously) didn’t get the joke. -Charles De Gaul-

If fortune favours the bold, life favours the prudent.

Anywhere on the globe. Up is up and down is down even for those upside down on the other side of the planet from you under your feet.

If you’re singing in the rain, you’re all wet.

If orange is the new black where’s the orange liquorice and where are the black oranges ?

3 Likes

Well there are these twizzlers :rofl:

4 Likes