New Members Please Introduce yourselves here!

My name is T.
I use the nickname Auberon or Alfie.

I practice a lot of astral/inner/direct/visionnary magick and i love that.

I aspire to develop those abilities.

I work a lot with the fae, mostly the ones Brian Froud listed in his work. One of them has become a personnal advicer and teacher.

I’m following the Quareia course right now.

10 Likes

Welcome @Alfie .

2 Likes

Welcome @Alfie

2 Likes

Welcome @Alfie it’s great to have you here. The Fae are so interesting. Tell me do you work primarily with Seely or Unseely Fae?

2 Likes

I personally don’t necessary reason with the Seelie/Unseelie system cause it belongs to the Scottish lore, in France we don’t have that idea for our local folk.

As for Brian Froud’s channeled entities, most of them are listed as “human friendly” spirits even tho you can clearly identify the more “unseelie” ones.

3 Likes

Awesome ok cool, @Alfie I really don’t know enough about it to conversate about it. I’ll be sure to follow your posts or journal work on the subject though.

1 Like

The fae is a tough subject.

Depending on where you live, they are not perceive the same way.

The “awful” fae stories mostly come from Ireland.

My theorie is there are many fae species just like there are different animal species.

I can only share my own unverified personal gnosis. But one thing is sure : they can be totally benevolent to you but sending awful visions to your best friend :joy:

3 Likes

I also know nothing about the fae. I’ll be keeping an eye out for your posts :metal:t4:

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Jas and I am very new to occult and Magick!

I have been intrigued always and but never got to start on it until today. Currently, I am working my way through the Quareia course on module 1!

I am looking for ways to get started in occult and any recommendations and tips would help as I feel very lost right now :frowning:

Thank youu

9 Likes

Welcome @BeginnerJas What part of the world you from?

There are several members here that have used the Quareia courses.

2 Likes

Welcome, @BeginnerJas

We have a ton of info on visionary magick, the core of Quareia.

4 Likes

I am from Canada!

I liked Quareia so far but I am realizing it is a lot of visionary magick which is not exactly my strongest area but still good to learn about it!

3 Likes

Definitely wanting to explore more Choas Magick ultimately but gotta start with basics so any tips or pointers/books of recommendation would be helpful as to what I can do next

4 Likes

Google “Pop Magick!” by Grant Morrison, is a nice introduction to chaos magick.

3 Likes

Which schools of magick have you researched or are wanting to research. If you can give us a little more details we can accurately point you in the right direction.

3 Likes

I have only researched into Quareia. I now have prior knowledge of basic tarot, and I have some meditation knowledge. Other than that not a whole lot! I want to look into the basics of the occult, how to start in the occult, demonology, etc!

Even telling me how you started would be great help!

5 Likes

Welcome @BeginnerJas :blush: :wave: glad to have you here.

You might find this thread helpful:

5 Likes

Check out S. Connolly for demonolatry.

We also have a bunch of beginner tutorials in the beginners category.

5 Likes

Welcome @BeginnerJas

3 Likes

Welcome @BeginnerJas