Dragonfruit ~ Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel

Seems I may have been right regarding Jupiter being referred to as Saturnian in the Hymn due to him being the Son of Saturn.

In Platonism, going from Orphism, Saturn (Kronos) is The One. Jupiter (Zeus) is the Demiurge, the God who arose out of The One, and created all other Gods, and inwardly nourishes the entire cosmos, creating everything.

So the attribution here calling him Saturnian could be in reference to him being the first manifestation of The One (if that is accurate to Platonism).

But Greek naming seems to work a bit loosely at times, as in the Orphic Hymn to the Daimon, the Personal Daimon is directly called Jove. According to John Michael Greer, this is because the Romans saw the Personal Daimon as ruliing over the individual in the same way that Jove rules over the entire cosmos. So, when you see a deity being called Saturnian and such, it may follow a similar logic? Perhaps the original Greek would clear that up.

8 Likes

The Yazidic folk similarly call Melek Taus the first emanation of God, and among other epithets, the ruler of the world, of man, of sky and sea and the firmament and the earth, and so on; and while my UPG is that he is distinctly a solar deity, would that aspect (as a demiurge) make him Saturnian?

That then begs the question, while purely mythological, of the first day of the weekā€¦ Iā€™ve always had it my personal petty hill to die on that the first day is Sunday, the day of creation, let there be light and so on, and the Saturday is the Sabbath. Could it have been that Saturnian gods (etc) were the most influential and therefore the first created, acting in the role of Demiurge, and the day of rest was Sunday, as seen in many modern JCI practices? :thinking:

I have also heard the name or term Saturnia (presumably ā€˜of Saturnā€™) attributed to Hera/Juno in Greek/Roman mythology respectively, which intrigued meā€¦ Since my current task/next extremely fun post is going to be me trying to draw parallels or at least plausible links between pavolatry in the east migrating via the Persian Empire to Greek and therefore Roman culture.

This would make sense in my paradigm which is largely based on Neville Goddard style Law of Consciousness, in which each human is a spark of The One, and so each could have, I suppose, their own Demiurge. The same way each drop of water from the ocean could contain its own unique microbiome, but still come from the same sourceā€¦ If that makes any sense.

I ask all this because the last contact I had with Melek Taus was simply him giving me the name ā€œMithrasā€. Nothing else. I donā€™t know if he meant ā€œgo work with Mithrasā€ or it was intended as something deeper, but Iā€™ve been rabbit-hole diving and gathering information and have enough ā€œacademicā€ information (in quotes because some sources are a bit dubious/questionable) to trace pavolatry through to the Roman Empire via the Persian Empire from India, which has practised pavolatry (peacock worship) for a whileā€¦ Although if you ask the Yazidic folk, they state their religion is far older than Greek/Roman mythos, but then, what religion doesnā€™t think theirs is the The One True Religion?

ā€¦Which led me to the Mithraic cult, where Mithras seems to be equated or conflated to a bunch of different Greek or Roman gods: Bacchus/Dionysus, Phanes, a son of Apollo/Helios, and so onā€¦ And then the famous Mithraic tauroctony (bull-slaying scene) which seems to be a representation of the end of the Age of Taurus, including the representation of constellations visible at that age (Serpens, Corvax, Sirius[?], Scorpius ā€“ which borders Ara, also the name of a genus of bird, which borders Pavos, the peacock constellation, although Pavos is supposed to be a uniquely southern hemispheric constellation) but also I canā€™t help but be reminded of the myth of Io (transformed into a white heifer by Zeus/Jove-Jupiter to protect her from Hera/Saturnia), and Hera/Saturniaā€™s favoured animal being the peacock, who set Argus of the hundred eyes to watch over Io, and when Argus was slain, Hera, mythologically speaking, created the peacock constellation Pavos out of his many eyesā€¦

And of course there are links back to Mesopotamia and Zoroastrianism of peacock worship.

Not meaning to imply that all gods or entities are one singular god or entity renamed and bastardised, but rather that they can be adopted and changed over time.

As you can tell Iā€™m driving myself slightly mental :melting_face:

And I appreciate your input my friend, as always x

4 Likes

Very Interesting. Perhaps then Al-Biruni and Lillyā€™s attribution of the Peacock to Jupiter is very appropriate then! If he is the Demiurge.
Only trouble is that he does not seem to act very much like a God, but this can be the visionary aspect (That is, it seems no vision of the Gods is perfectly accurate, and none of the Spirits either, unless it is truly divinely inspired). Or perhaps itā€™s just my own opinion! But the anthromorphism of the Gods does not seem very logical to me either.

With that, I am referring to what is discussed in this thread:

And on the Solar aspect, Zeus is also called Zeus-Helios. The Sun is the Celestial image of the Demiurge, the divine King of the Planets!

I could comment on this but Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m not currently knowledgable enough for it to be reliable. Perhaps someday!

I respect the vigor in your search! Perhaps you should also observe the Peacock in action, if possible. That will reveal the hidden essence of the Peacock, if you know how to look for it.

On the One True Religion, Iā€™m not such a big fan of people who seriously claim that despite all evidence. But I do think many cultures werenā€™t so serious about it, It seems to arise with Orthodoxy and literalism, where the Religion becomes invalid without Orthodoxy and literalisn (ā€œIf the Christian God didnā€™t create the World and he is not The One, how could Jesus be my savior!ā€ Etc.)

4 Likes

Thank you, this gives me another path of research!

This is an accurate description of Melek Taus :joy::sob:

1 Like

Sorry, I completely missed this during my reply!
On Saturnian Gods being the first created, in Platonism, they are very certain that there can be only one Demiurge. The same idea is rather universal. So it is seen that a singular God arose out of The One (and, as I have mentioned, traditionally The One is not seen as an intelligence or spirit, but as the very ground of being, of which all partakes of.

Now, on the Days being the first, I see it simply as a preference. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are all valid as starts of the week. With Saturday, we could go with that because Saturn is the highest of the Planets. With Sunday, we could go with that as The Sun is the celestial image of the Demiurge. With Monday, we could also go with because the Moon is the closest to us and so is the intermediary between the sublunary world and all the Stars (Planets included), and is the shaper of all things in the Sublunar world.

3 Likes

So I might have something for you on this.

There is a guy I follow on youtube called Randall Carlson, who is basically an amateur geologist/astronomer alongside being a student of occult history, making him uniquely qualified for giving you some insights perhaps on the astrological symbology found within the Mithras cult. He did an episode solely on mithras some months ago, where he touches on some of this, and when he begins talking about the connection mithras symbology has to mayan gods, he mentions a specific entity known as ā€œthe diving/falling godā€ which he seems to link to satan/lucifer as portrayed in the bibleā€¦which might be the Melek Taus connection with all this, because Randall curiously mentions here that the symbol of the snake and the dragon are often inter-changeable and become a ā€œwinged-serpentā€ā€¦which Is exactly the way Melek Taus appears to you:

So Iā€™ll post the video below and hope it gives you something useful. Randall Carlson is a beast btw, so heā€™s well worth following. They begin the discussion at around 28 minutes in:

5 Likes

Verdo, I could kiss you on the mouth right now (kidding). Thank you so very much for this, I will line it up for tomorrow because Iā€™m a hairā€™s breadth from passing out and keep falling into microsleep.

Aye, agreedā€¦ the Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao, and all that.
Saturn is Chronos, no? The Demiurge? Or am I mistaken in my poor knowledge of Greek mythos?

Iā€™ll come back to this, I hope, when I;m not on the border of sleep x

3 Likes

I got about 3/4 of the way through the whole podcast, and christ almighty I wish Iā€™d found this about two weeks ago when I started down the rabbit hole! :sob: He pointed out so many of the same connections and parallels I found, except it took me madness, sheer stubbornness and having about 80 simultaneous open browser tabs at once to even begin trying to paint a picture. They even mentioned Mayan culture, which is something Iā€™d had on my mind (feathered serpent ā†’ winged serpent ā†’ rainbow serpent ā†’ Quetzalcoatl) but had no idea how to begin untangling.

And there were so, so many mentions of things Iā€™ve come to associate with Melek Taus ā€“ the sun and moon together, his Solar nature, trees, comets, fire & the apocalypse of fire (what did they call it in Greek again?), the zodiac/cosmos, the cosmic egg of Orphic mythā€¦ damn. Even the association with Aion, Chaos, Phanesā€¦ the cloven feet, which remind me of Bacchus/Dionysusā€¦ my mind is reeling. I didnā€™t get far enough to see if they made any association with Venus but that would not surprise me either, as he (Mithras) is often seen with the sun & moon, or the sun, moon, and a star thought to represent Venus.

This Mithras guy is everywhere. Seems like heā€™s Christ and Lucifer under one name.

Even something he mentioned about ā€œsinā€ being a term from archery, meaning ā€œto miss the markā€, spoke to me on another paradigm ā€“ that of the Law of Consciousness. Something Goddard always spoke of. To sin is to miss the target, to become distracted and not achieve the goal.

ā€œThe sun god sends a message to Mithras through the ravenā€¦ā€

I gotta keep digging :triumph:

6 Likes

Hah! Well at least you have some confirmation now that youā€™re on the right track. This is a subject that Iā€™ve only just scratched the surface of myself

2 Likes

I was, am now, and shall shave no end. I exercise dominion over all creatures and over the affairs of all who are under the protection of my image. I am ever present to help all who trust in me and call upon me in time of need. There is no place in the universe that knows not my presenceā€¦

ā€¦I allow everyone to follow the dictates of his own nature, but he that opposes me will regret it sorely. No god has a right to interfere in my affairsā€¦

ā€¦To me truth and falsehood are known. When temptation comes, I give my covenant to him that trusts meā€¦

ā€¦I teach and guide those who follow my instruction.

Melek Taā€™us says he participates in affairs that outsiders will call evil simply because the nature of such affairs is not approved by them.

I will take issue [ā€¦] because I am convinced that Melek Taā€™us ā€œisā€ Azazel or Lucifer [ā€¦] the fallen (arch)angel, who in the Yezidi telling is pardoned and restored by God to his viceregal position. He is certainly Lord of the World, and bestower of all good, but is himself beyond good and evil.

He ā€œallows everyone to follow the dictates of his own natureā€, or as Rabelais put it, to ā€œdo what thou wiltā€.

ā€” Peacock Angel, Peter Lamborn Wilson

6 Likes

I found this and thought of you. It was on YT shorts.

4 Likes

Love it. This is like the ominous, Upside Down version of Melek Taus. Would not fuck with this bird :laughing:

2 Likes