Dragonfruit ~ Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel

It moreso weirds me out because I don’t necessarily believe in past lives or anything like that. Apparently he has an agenda for me but fuck knows why. Maybe 'cause he’s bored of being worshipped by Yezidis and wants someone to talk to? :joy:

5 Likes

The day after I first encountered Melek Taus I felt euphoric, and was riding a high all day. If I remember correctly, @ReyCuervo said he had some slight lingering euphoria after speaking to him as well.

I remember feeling SO GOOD, happier than I’ve been in months, extremely confident, and was witnessing some odd phenomena throughout the day. I could feel his presence around me, capering around, then he’d leave, only to come back later and do the same, repeatedly. He didn’t try to speak to me or do much of anything else though.

Melek Taus had shown me clearly that manipulation is one of his key skills; I tried to apply it irl that day, and was surprised by the extremely high success rate, which was about 90%, if not higher, just by pinging him and “attuning” to him, I suppose, and mentally directing commands at some random person I was in a remote/teleconference meeting him.

The day after, I was disappointed because I didn’t feel the same thing at all.

I was still shocked by the experience – stomping on my beloved Leviathan, and seeing my patron Archangel kneel before him – not to mention the fact that Melek Taus himself had no compunction whatsoever about getting right up in my personal space – but I was so, so intrigued and wanted to visit him again as soon as possible. I considered taking Hermes as a neutral diplomat; I considered going completely alone. And I remember remarking in conversation with Cuervo that Melek Taus struck me as a Solar deity.

Cuervo also mentioned that his guide, Hermes, did not want him to use the pathworking directly, but to be the one to take him to Melek Taus. I’ll admit, it was nice to be praised by Cuervo for “striking gold” purely out of experimental methods. But it also seems like there may be some innate precautionary measure missing from the pathworking, and I’m not sure what it is, or how to fix it.

Cuervo also mentioned something along the lines of this entity having an agenda for me, and that it is possible Melek Taus and Metatron have some sort of existing relationship, whatever that may be. As for Leviathan, well, I am not sure – or wasn’t, at the time. Some later testing showed me that Leviathan and Melek Taus are able to coexist in the same space, on neutral ground. Perhaps it was simply that I “invited” Leviathan (and Metatron) into Melek Taus’s “Garden of Paradise”. They were on his turf, so to speak. I’d hardly invite Melek Taus to Leviathan’s healing grotto, that seems unimaginably rude (although Leviathan has let other entities in there with me before)… so perhaps the fault was mine.

However, all my encounters with Melek Taus so far have made it abundantly clear that he does not give a single iota of fuck about any other entity, save for respecting Hermes as a diplomat, and even that I have only heard second-hand and not witnessed myself… because I am a dumbass, and always forget to take any kind of neutral guide with me. And secondarily because I have come to trust Melek Taus, although I’ll admit that trust was shaken tested recently. But that’s a tale for another day.

5 Likes

Beautiful hymn. I may take some of it as inspiration for my future prayers.

Regarding a peacock, I want to add something here that may be of interest to you.

Al-Biruni and William Lilly attribute the Peacock to Jupiter, the Greater Benefic, who brings joy, success, and honor. Agrippa attributes the Peacock to Saturn, the Highest of the Planets, who rules over both beggars and kings.

3 Likes

That is interesting… am I right in recalling that you mentioned or quoted something the other day about Saturn ruling destruction and creation (or maybe it was someone else mentioning this in one of your threads? It ties into two things – one being that peacocks apparently used to be seen as a representation of the mythical phoenix, given that peacocks go through a moult stage where they shed their tail-feathers and later regrow them – of course, an allegory for the continual death and rebirth of the phoenix.

The second thing is that, if I am recalling this correctly, I believe there is some argument (I can’t remember if it was Yazidism specifically, or Islam) about whether the world was first created on Sunday… or on Saturday. :thinking:

5 Likes

Hmm I’m not entirely sure, I don’t quite recall, unless I was referring to the Moon? But, Saturn does not rule creation as far as I’m aware. He causes desctruction and decay in the world. He generally rules over the poor and homeless, what you could call the bottom of society, and rules over fear and sorrow, and over death, as well as hidden things, both literally and figuratively, as he rules over the roots in plants and over subterrean creatures, and he rules over esoteric knowledge and such sublime knowledge.

Venus is more the creative force in the world you could say. But perhaps this can also be attributed to Jupiter, going from the Hymn of Orpheus to Jupiter.

Also, I feel I should add this: When I speak of the Planets, I don’t want to speak like they are inanimate objects. The planets each have their own intelligence, their own spirit, and many (perhaps infinite) hosts of spirits and angels set under them. They all can be reached, and traditionally the Planets form all things in this world. These creatures and things that are under their rule reveal their personality. For example, the great strength and glory of the Lion and of the Hawk are like the Sun, and the Solar qualities that are within them are within the Sun as well.

Oh yes having Saturday as the start of the week is quite a long tradition in the Islamic world. In the Jewish traditions I believe they have the week start on Sunday, if that is correct. Both to me make sense, as while Saturn is the highest of the Planets by Sphere, the Sun is technically the highest, the mightiest. Traditionally, The Sun is like the image of God in the celestial world, being the King of the Planets, just as he (The Sun) rules over Kings and those with authority in this world.

5 Likes

Here is the Orphic Hymn to Jupiter, translated by Thomas Taylor from his Initiations of Orpheus, part XIV (I believe “Jove” was originally “Zeus” in the hymn, so translated by Taylor to Jupiter, but this was used by Magicians in the Renaissance to call upon Jupiter the Planet)

“O Jove much-honor’d, Jove supremely great,
To thee our holy rites we consecrate,
Our pray’rs and expiations, king divine,
For all things round thy head exalted shine.
The earth is thine, and mountains swelling high,
The sea profound, and all within the sky.
Saturnian king, descending from above,
Magnanimous, commanding, sceptred Jove;
All-parent, principle and end of all,
Whose pow’r almighty, shakes this earthly ball;
Ev’n Nature trembles at thy mighty nod,
Loud-sounding, arm’d with light’ning, thund’ring God.
Source of abundance, purifying king,
O various-form’d from whom all natures spring;
Propitious hear my pray’r, give blameless health,
With peace divine, and necessary wealth.”

5 Likes

You very well could have been… my brain is like a sieve. Me: a writer, not a scholar, with the memory of a goldfish. :sweat_smile:

Then I must have confused it with the Moon, or I’m thinking of some other resource entirely. Of important note though, the moon does feature in my Melek Taus pathworking.

I feel like I intuited this… and it kind of reminds me of some UPG I had a while back. That the planets have their own sort of consciousness, though not consciousness as humans comprehend it… more like the consciousness of animals, or old trees… or something.

Which surprised me, even with the vague knowledge I have of the dignitaries of planets. That the world should begin on the day of decay and destruction… but beyond that I can’t say. Maybe that subject is for its own topic of conversation.

This makes sense to me, then, why I think of Melek Taus as as a solar deity.

That said, he is also attributed to the rainbow, and the colour white, which encompasses all colours.

It’s lovely. And surprisingly, has a few points of crossover with the pathworking/“evocation keys” to access Melek Taus.

And it is interesting that it specifically mentions Saturnian influences. :thinking: Calling Jupiter/Zeus a Saturnian king? What do you make of this?

6 Likes

Apologies for this late response! I was going through a dilemma of sorts the past while.

I would say, that may apply to the material body, if the Stars and Planets we see are spiritually higher than them in a sense. But, each of these Stars and Planets have a Soul, as we read in Plato’s ‘Timaeus’, so an intelligence. Traditionally, from that text, they aided in the creation of mankind, and with a traditional astrological view, form all things in the material world.

It is only when we go higher, to the sphere of the Signs (Which, are not the constellations, nor are they material), Faces, and arguably the Mansions of the Moon, that we see they (The Signs, Faces and Mansions) do not seem to have a consciousness themselves.

If I am not wrong, in Qabalah, Saturn is related to the foundation of the cosmos (Binah is the Sphere of Saturn). Although I imagine that the logic for assigning Saturday as the first day of the week is primarily that Saturn is the highest of the Planets. But Saturn does not just rule over decay and destruction. He also rules over agriculture and husbandry, for example. So when one wishes to plant seeds, having the Moon in a fortunate aspect to Saturn gives power to the plants and lets them grow all the better. Saturn also aids in working with soil, which you can say is of course a foundation. So having the Moon in the aforesaid aspects helps with working the soil as well, and preparing it to a good end, and the same with doing this in the Hour of Saturn and his Day.

I also took note of that, but my impression was that it is referring to Zeus being the Son of Saturn, as this Hymn is not necessarily astrological, although it was used in astrological magick in the Renaissance.

3 Likes

Now I’m scrambling to find my notes on the Seven Mysteries or Seven Angels created by God, in Yezidism, over whom God set Melek Taus to rule. Damn it, why do I keep my notes so haphazardly.

And this is why I’m trying (in vain) to find my notes. Maybe they’re on my other laptop. But I see Melek Taus as a solar deity, mostly intuitively, but for a few other reasons. However I can also see him associated with Saturn (as you describe it, being the greatest of Planets, although I attribute Saturn to mostly decay, destruction, death – perhaps incorrectly or ignorantly so), as the Highest of beings… if that makes sense. As I’ve mentioned, MKT seems to have no respect for or deference toward any other entity except Hermes, and probably other diplomats.

Then again I believe I read somewhere that he rules ‘the rainbow’, as in, the entire spectrum of colour, light, elemental affinity, et cetera, so… idk. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to him. Mostly because I’ve never been so surprised by any other entity.

6 Likes

This was the second time I did the pathworking to Melek Taus, and I did this with no guides. I don’t have many notes from this but I remember feeling the same kind of hypnotic immersion. It didn’t linger as euphoria for a day afterwards like it did the first time, though.

My notes were brief, succinct, and kind of flavourless. I am sure we spoke of more, but I only wrote short notes. I asked why he did not like Leviathan, and why he attacked Leviathan. Melek Taus smiled and conveyed something like “You are more his than mine,” as though he intended to change that. I didn’t know how to feel about it at the time, I don’t know how to feel about it now, but I do know it makes me sound very LARPy. I am my own person. I like my guides and I refuse to submit to being the “property” of anyone or anything.

Again I was hypnotised by his presence, and I exited the trance state in awe. I wrote, he is the glorious golden crown on my brow. I wrote, he would rather show me how to do something than do it on my behalf, as he had shown me, once again, how I could crawl inside someone’s mind and influence their thoughts. He showed me the same person as before, a (former) colleague.

He seemed, or seems, to want to keep close to me, so it’s not hard to ping him and call for his presence. (Whether he shows up or not is another matter entirely, but he seems relatively consistent.) I had some other pathworking experiences to him, and then I decided I’d do a fun(?) ritual experiment and take someone else with me on the pathworking, actively, instead of taking them passively, like I do a lot with Leviathan for people who wish for emotional healing/stability. That was a bit of a boo-boo, and a tale for another day.

6 Likes

Are you all good now?

Always good work Veil friend. I love reading your adventures.

3 Likes

I’m a lot better, thanks! Still some struggles but it is a phase of this journey I suppose.

3 Likes

The altar.

Someone took me along to see an outdoor light & art exhibit not too long ago and I was just fascinated with this tree. I stopped and gazed at it for ages, murmuring “Ave Melek Taus” and “Ya Rabbi” under my breath. Something about it reminded me so strongly of him.

The person I was with asked what I was saying. And I told them, if they ever want to talk about my spiritual views to other normies, they can say I’m Yezidic instead of butchering my views into something like “academic interest of Christian mysticism”. Either would suffice, but I’m not exactly in the habit of dissecting my views with people not interested in magick.

Well, that’s ancient history now I suppose.

Ave Melek Tawus.

8 Likes

August 31, 2022

The poem.

I was going through my library earlier and found an old, heavy book with no title or inscription, the cover apparently lost to time. When I flipped it open, I recognised it as a book I’d been gifted in my childhood, full of poems and excerpts of classic stories, all beautifully and lovingly illustrated by different artists. Of course, the first page I opened it to was an excerpt from The Jungle Book, showing a peacock.

I flipped back through it a few pages, looking for some of my old favourites. Ozymandias (which, note, I’ve used as a retroactive baneful working in the past), Gulliver’s Travels in Lilliput, Jabberwocky, that kind of thing. And in my random flipping I came across a poem, no author attributed… which was about peacocks. And had a weird level of crossover with the pathworking I use to speak with him.

So naturally, I am now convinced that Melek Taus is either having a laugh at me from beyond the material plane… or, he would like me to find another pathworking that I can share publicly. The one I have is so personal, and I’m so jealous over it, that I can’t bring myself to give it away or even sell it in a grimoire or a guided meditation or something. Not yet, anyway.

But if I can make something out of this, and I most certainly believe I can… maybe it’s a nod that he wants some method of contact out there, and wants other people to connect with him.

Stand by.

6 Likes

July 16, 2022

This was maybe the fourth or fifth time I went to call on Melek Taus, and had a notebook handy, ready to write down notes, or maybe try some automatic writing…

As soon as I finished the pathworking, he showed up in his usual winged serpent form and promptly said “Put that silly little book away.” So I did.

He said, “Now I have your attention.” He switched to humanoid-form, and I expected him to show me the Garden of Paradise again, although he didn’t. Immediately he got right up in my personal space again.

He conveyed something like, “Shall I show you what I can do?”
I asked him to show me the same thing he’d shown me before. He laughed at me. “Again? You want a running colt?” – which doesn’t really make sense in context, but was relevant to what I asked.

Then we were in some indistinct endless white space, and there was another person there, standing about ten paces away with their back to us. Melek Taus pushed me inside their head, and made me feel around and engage all their senses and try and sink into them and feel what it was like to be them, while still maintaining my sense of self. Very odd sensation. Invasive and kind of uncomfortable.

Either way, he left me to my own devices, and then let me get out on my own. It was kind of like leaving your own body during an OOBE, but simpler. Like you simply… expel yourself from them, and then reintegrate into your own self… something like that.

After this, I don’t remember much. I thanked Melek Taus for coming and I left, and then immediately started writing notes on my laptop… would have been much easier to remember everything if he’d let me keep my “silly little book” handy.

4 Likes

September 5, 2022

Aye, these entries are out of chronological order. Sorry.

Of course I couldn’t leave Melek Taus alone, and it seemed he could not leave me alone either. I have one or maybe two more experiments or experiences of note to write about, concerning him, but right now I draw eyes to the present, or, I suppose, the recent past.

Last night I called him; such beautiful and clear imagery. But I was exhausted, and demotivated, so I had to call for him many times before I achieved clear contact with him. I had to push through the last stage of the pathworking a few times as well, trying different ways to contact him, because he seemed so distant.

When I finally forced my way through, he was sombre and still. I have never witnessed him act in any way that wasn’t either spurred by sheer delight and love of his own power – capering around madly like a dolphin knifing through a breaking wave, only to dive, then surge back up once more out of the water, for pure joy of it – and only once or twice as a ravenous, furiously vengeful force of nature.

This time, appearing in his usual winged serpent form, as I said, he was oddly still and grave. I don’t know if he was picking up on my attitude, or I was picking up on his. And he was silent at first. After we regarded each other for a long moment, he finally nudged me with his enormous head to set me off-balance. I reached out to touch his face and steady myself.

This ‘conversation’ I don’t remember entirely, there were no words, just a stream of back-and-forth consciousness. We agreed it’s serious. We agreed it must be addressed. He became smaller in size, and bid me stand still while he undulated and ‘swam’ around me, shearing off shadows with his teeth. I felt slightly better. He conveyed that my thinking was too narrow and bid me to feel out further.

So I felt out further. He had sheared the shadows – whatever they were – from my material body, or from as close to its representation as possible when doing visionary magick. When I felt out further, there was another layer of me that extended beyond the physical bounds. When I felt its limit, he sheared the shadows off of that, too. Then he did this maybe two or three more times, telling me to feel out, then expand my sense of myself. Each time I did he would undulate around me, find more shadows, and shear them away with his teeth, and eat them.

When I thought we were done, he told me he wasn’t finished. Then he… swallowed… me? He told me not to be afraid. I was not afraid. He took my entire body into his mouth and I would simply reappear out of the back of his gullet. He did this twice or thrice. Then he bid me again to feel out to my limit.

So I did, and I saw what he had done. That I had been too focused on one narrow channel and neglecting others. Other energetic bodies, or whatever you want to call them. He removed everything.

Even after that he urged me to keep reaching. Probably a half-hearted attempt on my part, since I knew that what he was aiming for was for me to try and reach for that state of Oneness, Wholeness, Unity, or however you wish to name it. I know the state, and I reached for it, without quite achieving it, but achieving at least a kind of academic acknowledgement of what he wished me to experience. It feels like I simply need to re-order my mind or be deeper in trance before I can fully feel what he asks of me. I am not used to external parties asking that of me. Metatron may have nudged and guided me there, but never told or commanded me to do it. I have only ever done it on my own behalf.

I thanked Melek Taus, of course. And I will keep doing this work. It’s different when I go to him, struggling for contact, as opposed to when he comes to me unbidden but strongly, or when I simply call or ping him, and feel him near. But it’s always soothing (or energising) to be in his presence.

My sense of de-realisation is coming back lately. The same thing where I experience déjà vu or jamais vu or both at the same time when I speak to people, or see things, or do things. Related? Unsure. I don’t know if it’s specific to Melek Taus. I’m swimming strongly in the current at the moment, so everything seems tinged with surrealism or unrealism.

One last note: I thought more about the poem I found, about the peacock, and I do believe it could be used as a pathworking to him, and I thought I’d noticed crossovers, which I’m getting more certain about… there is a key to it. But it needs to be teased out, refined, and tested.

Soon.

6 Likes

This post is from the future?

2 Likes

While I can say I’ve seen retrocausality at play, this time I’m clearly just losing my mind :sweat_smile: thanks, I will fix. Looks like my brain does not work so well at 2:00 AM. I’m gonna sleep now.

3 Likes

Confirmed with my favourite guinea pigs @norse900 and @ReyCuervo that I have another pathworking to Melek Taus. :two_hearts: One that I am happy to make public if MKT consents to it. An aspect of him that is not so raw and chaotic, apparently.

I’ll run it a few times (hopefully without falling asleep) and see what this aspect has to offer and if the big feather man himself is happy for it to be public knowledge.

Like I said in my journal though, this is pointing me straight down a rabbit-hole. So let’s see what we can find out. Only probably not at 3.43 AM.

:peacock: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thankfully I’ve still got my new, less intense version of the pathworking… which again, I have only used once, fell asleep at the end of, and woke up with a name in my head that sent me down a deep rabbit-hole. The rabbit-hole dive has borne fruit, but I still don’t know which of these two messages Melek Taus intended:

1. I am [entity], or
  2. You should speak to [entity]

Or both, maybe. But it barely, barely makes sense.

So, the journey continues.

7 Likes