Dragonfruit ~ Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel

I got about 3/4 of the way through the whole podcast, and christ almighty I wish I’d found this about two weeks ago when I started down the rabbit hole! :sob: He pointed out so many of the same connections and parallels I found, except it took me madness, sheer stubbornness and having about 80 simultaneous open browser tabs at once to even begin trying to paint a picture. They even mentioned Mayan culture, which is something I’d had on my mind (feathered serpent → winged serpent → rainbow serpent → Quetzalcoatl) but had no idea how to begin untangling.

And there were so, so many mentions of things I’ve come to associate with Melek Taus – the sun and moon together, his Solar nature, trees, comets, fire & the apocalypse of fire (what did they call it in Greek again?), the zodiac/cosmos, the cosmic egg of Orphic myth… damn. Even the association with Aion, Chaos, Phanes… the cloven feet, which remind me of Bacchus/Dionysus… my mind is reeling. I didn’t get far enough to see if they made any association with Venus but that would not surprise me either, as he (Mithras) is often seen with the sun & moon, or the sun, moon, and a star thought to represent Venus.

This Mithras guy is everywhere. Seems like he’s Christ and Lucifer under one name.

Even something he mentioned about “sin” being a term from archery, meaning “to miss the mark”, spoke to me on another paradigm – that of the Law of Consciousness. Something Goddard always spoke of. To sin is to miss the target, to become distracted and not achieve the goal.

“The sun god sends a message to Mithras through the raven…”

I gotta keep digging :triumph:

6 Likes