Book Suggestions?

• A Lexicographical Study of the Ptolemaic Texts in the Temple of Edfu by Penelope Wilson

• Ancient Egyptian Astronomy: Ursa Major Symbol of Rejuvenation by Allan Ernest

• Blueprint for Immortality by Harold Burr

• Cain: A Mystery by George Byron

• Children of Lucifer by Ruben Luijk

• Deconstructing the Iconography of Seth by Ian Taylor

• Early Dynastic Egypt by Toby Wilkinson

• Egyptian Interests in the Oases in the New Kingdow and a New Stela for Seth from Mut El-Kharab by Colin Hope and Olaf Kaper

• Everyday Life in Egypt in the Days of Ramesses the Great by Pierre Montet

• Fantastic Animals Scenes at Beni Hassan by Samar Kamal and Engy Kilany

• Flint and the Northern Sky by Carolyn Graves-Brown

• From Jewish Magic to Gnosticism by Attilio Mastrocinque

• Hidden Lore: Hermetic Glyphs by Kenneth and Steffi Grant

• Horemheb the Forgotten Pharaoh by Charlotte Booth

• Images of Set by Joan Lansberry

• In Pursuit of Satan: The Police and The Occult by Robert Hicks

• Interpreting Ancient Egyptian Narratives: A Structural Analysis of the Tale of Two Brothers, the Anat Myth, the Osirian Cycle, and the Astarte Papyrus by Martin Pehal

• Matmar by Guy Brunton

• Mindstar by Michael Aquino

• Motivation and Personality by Abraham Maslow

• Naqada by Flinders Petrie et. al.

• Nehushtan, the Copper Serpent, Its Origins and Fate by Richard Lederman

• On the ‘Immortality’ of the God Seth by Francois Gaudard

• Pesesh-Kef Knife by Joan Lansberry

• Philosophy of Religion by William Rowe

• Qabalah, Qlipoth, and Goetic Magic by Thomas Karlsson

• Redeeming the Egyptian God of Darkness by Ryan Scott (me)

• Sad Satan’s Children by Karolina Hess

• Serpent Symbolism in the Old Testament: A Linguistic, Archeological, and Literary Study by Karen Joines

• Seth as a Foreigner in Protodynastic Egypt by Rachael Mayoh

• Seth is Baal by Niv Allon

• Seth, God of Confusion by Herman te Velde

• Seth, God of Power and Might by Eugene Cruz-Uribe

• Seth: A Misrepresented God in the Ancient Egyptian Pantheon? By Philip Turner

• Sethian Gnosticism and the Platonic Tradition by John Turner

• Seven Faces of Darkness by Don Webb

• Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard

• The 2001-2 Excavations Mut El-Kharab in the Dakhleh Oasis, Egypt by Colin Hope

• The Ancient Egyptian Coffin Texts by Raymond Faulkner

• The Badarian Civilization by Guy Brunton and Gertrude Caton-Thompson

• The Black Riders by Stephen Crane

• The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley

• The Collected Works of Carl Jung

• The Command to Look by William Mortensen

• The Conflict of Horus and Seth from Egyptian and Classical Sources by John Griffiths

• The Dark Lord by Peter Levenda

• The Development of Religion and Thought in Ancient Egypt by James Breasted

• The Devil’s Party Satanism and Modernity by Per Faxneld

• The Early History of Heaven by J. Edward Wright

• The Egyptian Was-Scepter and Its Modern Analogues by Andrew Gordon and Andrew Gordon (not a typo)

• The Lords and the New Creatures by Jim Morrison

• The Monuments of Seti I by James Brand

• The Nag Hammadi Library

• The Priests of Ancient Egypt by Serge Sauneron

• The Psš-Kf and the ‘Opening of the Mouth’ Ceremony: A Ritual of Birth and Rebirth by Ann Roth

• The Pyramid Texts by Samuel Mercer

• The Role of the Lector in Ancient Egyptian Society by Roger Forshaw

• The Routledge Dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses by George Hart

• The Secret Books of the Egyptian Gnostics by Jean Doresse

• The Sites of Seth by Maria Martinez

• The Sky Religion in Egypt: Ots Antiquity and Effects by Gerald Wainwright

• The Subjective Universe and Life After Death by Richard Murad

• The Upper Paleolithic Revolution by Ofer Bar-Yosef

• The Works of H.P. Lovecraft

• Theban Desert Road Survey in the Egyptian Western Desert vol. 1 by John Darnell

• Two Decorated Blocks from the Temple of Seth in Mut El-Kharab by Olaf Kaper

• Which Seth? Untangling Some Close Homonyms from Ancient Egypt and the Near East by Lloyd Graham

7 Likes

We read that in my final year of high school. Heart wrenching, beautiful, trans cultural novel.

4 Likes

Mystical Qabalah - Dion Fortune

Prometheus Rising - Robert Anton Wilson

2 Likes

This is the only book I’ve read on Qabalah. Why do you recommend it?

1 Like

Great question! I enjoy how in-depth the explanations are of each concept, and how it offers a more meditative approach. Most texts, take an extremely intellectual approach to the concept. It was also one of the first books I owned that explained “pathworking.”

Other common texts are The Zohar and the Sepher Yetzirah, if you’re interested. I will say that I view all of these as templates as opposed to truths. The menu is not the meal. Haha

2 Likes

“The Metaphysics of War,” by Julius Evola. “Narcissus and Goldmund,” by Hermann Hesse. “The Mystery of Bellicena Vilca,” “Gnostic Fragments” both by Nimrod de Rosario. The last of these will set most folks’ world-view on its ear.

2 Likes

Just wait until I get my book published - Old Uncle Al’s Nasty, Streetwise Grimoire. It’ll be chock-a-block full of cheap, effective methods and distasteful, but true stories from real life. There’ll be something for just about every practitioner seeking to become a Goddess or God. It’ll be a once in a few centuries, one of a kind Magickal treatise.
And one day I’ll get it published, so just wait until then.
I’m going to go to places other Magicians don’t - like the Champagne and Caviar Mysteries, plus menses. Achieving individual, isolated divinity in your bathroom. Vomit Magick, whitewashing the back passage, etc.

Al.

1 Like

Reminds me of something Corneliu Zalea Codreanu said of yore: “Nations die for lack of men, not lack of ideas.” Does the world need MORE tomes on magic? Or just practitioners who “wissen, willen, wagen, dann schweigen.” (know, will, dare, stay silent)?

Brothers karmazov
Crime and punishment
Devils
The idiot
By fyodor dostoevsky
War and peace by Tolsteoy

1 Like

I’m a Magician who’s changed the future of the globe, but obviously it’s politics so I can’t post. Moreover, I’m bound by The 4th Law of The Sphinx.
Back in 2006 I used reverse Paradigm Magick, by keeping the paradigms intact but changing the background reality. This was via email.
If you live in Australia, New Zealand or Canada my strong advice is to learn Mandarin, because back in 2006, Lord Charlie Falconer showed us how to prove that the Vice-Regal Appointment documents were fakes, created by Straw and in mid-2018 we received a timeline. There are also Defence Advisory Notices (or similar) in all three countries, so their medias won’t report.

Al.