Book Suggestions?

Anyone have some good book suggestions? Magick, History, war, unxplained. Im all out.

4 Likes

Women who run with the wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
Demian by Herman Hesse.

These two off the top of my head, will add more as my brain starts working lol.

4 Likes

There is a book called ā€œThe secret history of the worldā€, it is untold history with some esoteric roots and stories! Good book
Check this out! Amazon.com
And for a novel I suggest
ā€œThe white castleā€ by orhan pamuk

4 Likes

4 Likes

When I start doing youtube videos wearing a knightā€™s helmet and holding a swordā€¦ its gonna be your fault @norse900 :rofl: ā™ž :crossed_swords:

6 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see those profile pics, Ari.

4 Likes

Im gonna kill it !! :laughing::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:scream: Guess I better make another shield. Just in case.

2 Likes

Speaking of, I.made this for my son from a pizza pan from Walmart. Some hammers (3# sledge), a hitch of some sort (O shaped, 3 inch radius, and a smooth round metal ball. And a $20 auto dent repair kit with hammers included.

Had a lot of fun. Plastic larp stuff is cheaper, but hearing that metal sing from a good.blow? Priceless.

All right, Iā€™ll stay on topic from now on.

6 Likes

Thats cool!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

For herbs I like
The master grimoire herbs, oils, and incenses: their magickal uses and formulas by Pat Kirven Sawyer
The Herbal Magic Correspondences Guide by Brianna Blair
Cunninghamā€™s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott Cunningham

This classic is free on google books

The art of war by Sun Tzu
(Note on his name: The actual pinyin spelling of his name is Sun Zi 孫子 though which literally translates as ā€œgrandsonā€, and ā€œTzuā€ is the anglicized version. I think his birth name is Sun Wu)

7 Likes

I have the art of war. :+1: it is a great recommendation!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Iā€™m cackling!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy: I canā€™t get the image out of my head now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Just remember its all @norse900 's fault :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

:shushing_face:

Maybeā€¦

5 Likes

Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Sadly, itā€™s based upon reality.

Thus Spake Zarathustra
Itā€™s a real head kicker. And have a marker pen for all the great quotes.

Aliceā€™s Adventures in Wonderland
Itā€™s the third most quoted book in English, after the Bible and Shakespeare, so it isnā€™t really a kidsā€™ book.

Hope these help!

Al.

7 Likes

Love Alice in wonderlandl!
Fiction wise I also loved Philip K Dickā€™s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Itā€™s short and a quick read.

I was recommended this book and Iā€™m about to start when Iā€™m done with exams in a week. It sounds good and I trust the person who recommended it (my physics professor who happens to have graduated from the same tiny weirdo college I went to for undergrad)
Einsteinā€™s Dreams by Alan Lightman.
Itā€™s a collection of Einsteinā€™s dreams when he was working on his theory of relativity, which actually was influenced by a dream about cows.

I havenā€™t finished this from cover to cover, but I like what I have read and it is practical
Chinese Shamanic Cosmic Orbit Qigo
: Esoteric Talismans, Mantras, and Mudras in Healing and Inner Cultivation by Zhongxian Wu

You and others probably have this one and itā€™s probably my first grimoire that I found in a small used book store for $3 when it fell off the shelf I was leaning on while nodding off on heroin. Lost it for a few years and then found it again when I got clean. The Necronomicon by ā€œSimonā€(Peter Levenda)

Iā€™ll add more when I think of anything.
I really like this thread! Always love hearing about books to read

5 Likes

Yes, I have that one.

3 Likes

There are tons of books here:

6 Likes

The Alchemist, Paolo Coehlo

The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini

Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

Metamorphosis, Franz Kafka (never read this)

To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee (classic)

Carl Jungā€™s The Red Book.

My nitpicked list of books, theyā€™re all a little heavy. The Kite Runner will make you cry, just a heads up.

7 Likes