Breaking in a new deck, 5 free readings! [CLOSED]

Post below to secure a spot! Let me know your question or ask for a general read. If you want it to be private, PM me, but make sure you post below first.

I’ve promised someone else the very first reading but I’ll get through these as soon as I can :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ll take one. A general reading is fine.

3 Likes

I’d love a general reading. Thank you!

4 Likes

Meeeeee plz

3 Likes

Can I please have one? Never had one of your readings before and I’d love to.

Edit: I’m working on a writing project right now (not that one) and I’d like some guidance on it?

I’ve just realized I posted at the same time as another human and you said one of your spots was taken already, I totally get it if you’re at 5 already. Not sure if the one you posted about is counted in the 5 or not.

4 Likes

Nope the other spot was simply for the wonderful @Nephenthe who gave me the deck out of the goodness of his heart :sob: you’re in! :heart:

4 Likes

Please,

You can take my spot :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

No need for that.

@Veil please come clarify for @Infernus.Rofocalus .

3 Likes

I am gonna do a reading for everyone who has posted in this thread. No need to give up spots or anything @Infernus.Rofocalus :blush:

5 Likes

Woohoo!! Let’s do a general for now to gettem tested thoroughly!!! I’ll figure out something more specific for them later.

2 Likes

@here just letting y’all know that it’s currently my weekend and I have a lot of errands to run, but will get back to everyone ASAP :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: give me a few days

7 Likes

Thank you for your patience :grin:

This is an eight-card read which divides into segments comprising the past-conscious, past-unconscious, future-conscious, and future-unconscious. Since the past and future are in flux, and in this is a general reading, the “past” or “future” elements can also be applied to the present, the immediate Now.

A lot of major arcana cards in this reading, and an equal representation in each suite of the minor arcana. However if we weigh the ‘importance’ of cards, i would say the reading leads firstly towards fire/wands, so this seems to be a reading about your general occult practice, at a guess.

past-unconscious:

pure manifestation, the creative force, is exemplified here. willpower, concentration, and the mastery of all elements. the use and essence of magick itself – the Magician. he is joined by Temperance, which speaks on many levels: moderation, balance. the message seems to be one of unbridled magickal potential, but that which is also constrained by consideration, discernment, and control.

past-conscious:

the king of wands in your past-conscious is a pure force of will, someone lighting the way forward to new paths and journeys, inspiring admiration, creating something new. his counterpoint here is the Hermit, who seems to contradict the king of wands somewhat in these endeavours: seeking solitude rather than leadership, searching, reflecting.

he can be seen as a similar point to Temperance, asking the question “why do you seek what you seek?”, driving you to look for answers. he represents knowledge hidden in plain sight, the value of insight in your inner world instead of looking to the outer world for answers.

the king of wands appears here to personify a powerful force of creation. someone commanding, uniting. this is a throwback in a way to Temperance too, one of whose key messages is that of unification. which forces are you unifying? only you can answer this, since it seems your conscious and unconscious sides are mostly in balance, and you can look to yourself for the answers.

future-conscious:

both these cards leapt out of the deck so i take them with particular significance. the eight of coins and the four of cups. the eight of coins is about learning and acquiring new skills. it speaks of effort and diligence poured into your chosen endeavour. there is something you wish to craft or create, and you have the driving force behind you to do so, coming from yout past.

however, the four of cups lives here too, in your future-conscious (or present-conscious) self. it at very least speaks of passivity and being withdrawn and introspective – although this can be a good thing, if it is purposeful and channelled into your future work. this could be seen as the “planning” stage of a new beginning, the daydreaming of achievement, the act of centring and grounding yourself before acting. at worst, it could indicate apathy and indifference, blockages, or feeling stuck. but if this is the case, know that you can use this indicator of dissatisfaction to propel you forwards,

future-unconscious:

subconsciously you will, or have, reached a positive breakthrough. truth and reasoning prevail, and you can clear the path ahead of confusion with a single sweep of the ace of swords. the only minor warning is not to rely on intellectualism too much (let the other elements guide you); and do not lie or be deceitful toward yourself and your intentions. this is where your subconscious currently sits, or will sit.

the Star appears here too, as a final beacon of of all things positive. she brings guidance and optimism, a literal light in the dark to bring you forward to your goals. all will be illuminated and the path forward will be made clear, and she will be the inspiration for your action and effort toward your goals going forward. you are guided. if not divinely guided, then guided by your own divine subconscious.

like i said, a lot of major arcana cards, which seem to point to significant events in your life. however, in three of four segments, you seem to be almost at odds with yourself mentally, and almost equally so in each segment. there is an element of creative force and a drive to pursue new endeavours, but it’s matched with a force that draws you back and asks you to consider a lesser approach or a more restrained one. however, your future-unconscious (or present-unconscious) self breaks the wheel, and tells you that the way forward is clear for any new endeavour you set your mind to, if you can take the past lessons on board.

all will be well.

past-unconscious:

• magician
  • temperance

past-conscious:

• king of wands
  • the hermit

future-conscious:

• 8 coins
  • 4 cups

future-unconscious:

• ace swords
  • the star
1 Like

No problem!

Yes, I struggle with this all the time

I’ve been feeling this lately. Like a break through is coming.

Thank you so much for the reading! :+1:

1 Like

This was a difficult one to interpret. Like I’ve mentioned, the reading is broken into past & future, conscious & subconscious, with 8 cards used to interpret each category. I don’t use reversed cards in my readings and this particular reading had more reversed cards than I’ve ever seen, so I’ll try and break them down, and I hope this resonates with you. (i only see reversed cards in readings when they literally jump out of the deck.)

again, i divide the reading into four quarters using a combination of past, present, conscious, subconscious. but the reality is that since time is in flux and nothing is set in stone, the past OR the future can also represent the present, the “now”.

the first overarching theme seems to be that your mind (whether conscious or unconscious) is at war with itself. ALL of the categories in your reading have an upright card and then a reversed card alongside it.

there is an equal balance of all elements (intellectual, emotional, spiritual, material), with only a slight bias toward material (coins), but as the second coin representation is a court card, it seems more likely to represent a person or mind-frame. in other words, there is no particular bias toward one aspect of your mentality (thoughts, feelings, spirituality, or materialism). they are equally balanced.

past-unconscious:

a willingness to expand your horizons, to travel and find a new path (physically or mentally). a desire to get a “bigger picture” overview of where you are in life and where it is taking you; to formulate a strategy on how to move forward. a sense of optimism and excitement for where life might lead you.

this is equally matched by pessimism. these two things are fighting each other. you want to move forward in life, but there is a dragging sense of negativity and hopelessness – the idea that the obstacles in your way seem insurmountable. this is a message to nurture your faith in yourself. you can achieve insight, you can achieve overview of yourself and your life from a greater perspective. this is simply an obstacle to overcome, but it is not an impossible task.

past-conscious:

in a material sense, there is a theme of… inequality. a comparison between situations; maybe between yourself and others, or between yourself as it is or was and yourself as it can be, or has been. there are things hidden in the dark here which are not given the chance to see the light of day. memories buried or forgotten, perhaps even a sense of a split personality, in terms of the things your conscious brain is willing to show you.

here too is a sense of stagnation, the inability to move forward. perhaps you are stalling yourself, perhaps you find yourself uninterested in moving forward. things are at a standstill. it could be that you feel like you’re expending effort into something which is not showing immediate returns, which makes you feel like you’re wasting your time. something here isn’t working, or at least you may feel (or have felt) that way. in this case there is a theme of sacrifice that you are, or were, unwilling to make.

future-conscious:

the Queen of Coins is here, whether representing yourself, or your mindset, or maybe another person. someone giving, nurturing, motherly. there is nothing false about this person or archetype: they really are who they appear to be. someone dependable, trusting and trustworthy. an authentic and truly caring person, or frame of mind.

she is contrasted sharply here by the 10 of Cups reversed. usually seen as the wish card, the “happily ever after” card, when upright – here the 10 of Cups reversed speaks of, in short, unhappiness. An unhappy home life, disharmony, isolation. It can mean an idealised vision of the future which comes to nothing. However, I would not take this meaning too harshly. The Queen of Coins is here as a supportive measure, and whether she represents yourself or someone else, you can turn things around. Depend on this person, even if it is simply yourself.

future-unconscious:

In your subconscious, confusion and destruction reign(s). This is a card that speaks of miscommunication, arguments, and chaotic thoughts, and following from the reversed 10 of Cups, I would say it manifests in your current living environment or your deepest thoughts. This card says that now is not a good time to make big decisions, but to prepare yourself for the future, to plan, and to make small and meaningful steps towards a bigger goal.

It also can indicate asking advice from others, so, referring to your future-conscious, if the Queen of Coins represents a figure in your life, this should be who you turn to. But again, I cannot say if this is yourself, or another person entirely. Either way, you should be on the lookout for someone authentic, sweet, and generous; whether it is another person or your own mind, or even a spirit or entity especially one connected to Earth, or Earth/Water.

The final card is the Chariot: Success. Control. Victory, especially victory after months or years of struggle. An uphill battle from which you emerged victorious. This is the finish line after a long period of upheaval and chaos. The Chariot is the final card I drew, and it is the card of triumph, authority, overcoming odds, and mastery of the self.

And a note that every other segment draw was in the order of upright card, then reversed card. your final segment was reversed card, then upright card. So, despite the setbacks you may have had faced, or might face, I think your journey will be a very successful one. x

past-unconscious:

• 3 wands
  • star rx

past-conscious:

• 6 coins
  • hanged man rx

future-conscious:

• queen coins
  • 10 cups rx

future-unconscious:

• ace swords rx
  • chariot
1 Like

You are very welcome :relaxed: was there anything that seemed off, or didn’t make sense to you at all? I want to refine my craft and I rely a lot on intuition, so I would love to know if there are areas where I can improve, or even if I’m simply outright wrong & the interpretation/reading doesn’t resonate at all. If there was anything you thought was “meh”, average, or off-base, you have my full consent to let me know, here or in DM :laughing:

1 Like

Everything felt spot on for me.

1 Like

Thanks @Arianna! :blush: glad to hear it

1 Like

Thank you for such an in depth reading. A lot resonates:

I have gaps in my memories and I want to remember but it’s like there’s a block. I also often don’t feel like I’m the best I can be, and historically, have mostly underestimated myself but I’m working on changing that.

Need to remind myself this. This is exactly my mentality when it comes to school like I’m excited for my future but also intimidated by the path to get there.

I think I know who this is- this person is very important to me

This is probably something in my thoughts vs living environment.

I think I was expecting some kind of challenging period of trials. After avoiding for a while, this week I invoked and told Arachne I would stop resisting necessary transformation / growth and that I accept whatever trials she has in mind for me because I’ve always emerged stronger and better than before from them in the past. Another reading recently picked up on the avoidance of necessary changes and the challenges associated with them, which was accurate because I was worried I didn’t have the bandwidth for that. However avoiding them would also mean it’d be worse later on.
A lot to think about.
Thank you for your time with this! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m glad it resonated with you and I wish you the best on your path :bouquet:

2 Likes