Book Review: The Art of Dowsing & Scrying (Jenny Tyson)

Book Review: The Art of Dowsing & Scrying (Jenny Tyson)

I was excited to read this book and deepen my scrying practice. Unfortunately, I hate how this book is written. The information is difficult to absorb.

The book is repetitive, organized in a confusing way, and explains the complex visual setup of different techniques without showing any of it. The techniques themselves seem solid, but it is too much of a struggle to unpack them.

Example:

Step 1 is not a step
Step 2 and the first part of Step 3 should be one step
Step 3 should be broken into multiple steps
Step 4 has no context and this is not rectified by:
Step 5 “the scrying session is done” ?!?!?!
Step 6 by the time we get here I have no clue wtf is going on

Sadly, I do not recommend it. Especially if you are a visual person.

7 Likes

Reading this made me so confused. “The target must have material, visible, tangible aspects… but also must be completely concealed.”

“A slip of paper is drawn… the scrying session is done”.

Thank you for this lmao. I am not big into dowsing/scrying but if the interest ever takes me, I will not be buying this book. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I wish I could recommend a better book on scrying, but I have not found one myself. The search continues…

3 Likes

Time to write your own, maybe? :smile:

3 Likes

Girl I wish :joy:
Maybe in ten years.

3 Likes

How old is this book? I feel like it was written by a policy writer or someone that reads IRS rules for fun.

5 Likes

That review so makes me think of ghostbusters the 1st 1 where Venkman is supposedly trying to test psychic abilities. Hide card, scry, you’re done, next. Was it really that bad? I’ll definitely avoid it in any case.

4 Likes

Yes. I spent three days rereading the same few pages before I gave up.

4 Likes