The Official Social Club 1st Edition (The place for social conversations and hanging out)

Final note…. For now.

Damn near had a panic attack play a vr mmorpg. I was trying to climb some sky islands and fuuuuuck does it getcha. You know you’re standing in your house, your brain tho… don’t give 6 fucks. Trying to climb little as vines between floating islands seeing everything below. It is very cool and I would recommend trying it once for everyone.

Don’t cry.

6 Likes

I saw two young male bluejays in our yard this afternoon. We’ve seen the full-sized parents the past weekend. We do have a cardinal couple around, but have only seen those two.

6 Likes

I’m sure you saw the birds with Mohawks that hung around the burgerking on tallil. Those dudes were awesome looking. Punk rock birds lol

6 Likes

No, we were outside the wire. Literally over by the Ziggurat. Or out further. I did find a dead bat on patrol once. No idea where it came from. Thought I was hallucinating, tbh, but it wasn’t Summer yet and I was hydrated. Nudged it with my foot.

5 Likes

Bats!! We stayed in the airplane hangers on tallil. The connecting section between the hangers were infested with bats. You could recreate the Batman scene where he’s in a bat tornado while in that specific room. Trying it once was enough for me.

5 Likes

Hell, that makes sense then. Thanks, man!

I used to go running in the Ur excavations (things changed between yours and my times there) and knew they were too shallow for anything but a desperate bat. This was on the other side of the Ziggurat, so there were no excavations on that side. The back, essentially.

4 Likes

Probably ate poisoned bugs. People forget birds and bats eat the
bugs. Or they don’t care.

3 Likes

The closest town was 10 miles away and only the Ziggurat caretakers lived in that area at that time, outside of the Bedouins, who wouldn’t care about the bats.

Would’ve been about here
30.96362691625154, 46.10220775306276

2 Likes

One of the nice things about a firepit is that it makes ancestor a piece of cake.

The Ancestors, some of the Dead, and the Land Spirits have been inviting the others to some of their offers, as happened here. Pretty cool

5 Likes

Lol lake Wisconsin just to the south east.

2 Likes

Lol, wasn’t a thing that I was aware of. We did take over and name a place Camp Yankee. Old training ground between the Ziggurat and the road. It was a double word play and a finger to the people that we were attached to (long story). Our home unit was the Cyclones, our patch had CY on it, so…

2 Likes

Yep technically I think the word Just means cheese so any cheese could have that written on it if it’s got a bi or multi-lingual label or made in a Spanish speaking country.

¿Quien tiene el queso? @Nephenthe has the queso :stuck_out_tongue:

add: I cheated. Duolingo hasn’t got me to who yet, so the Spanish is courtesy of Google

4 Likes

I had all sorts of rituals planned…

But someone wanted a sleepover…

10-13 man tent. In my basement. For 2 middle schoolers.

8 Likes

I love that tent. I loved playing in tents.
My sister and I would tie a blanket to the windows and keep the other end anchored by pillows as a makeshift “tent”. The cooler was outside the window and we would spend the summer playing and doing nothing.

7 Likes

uhm… no thanks, Spotify

i looked at the playlist out of curiosity and it features such delightful titles as “deathwish”, “never felt so alone”, “afraid”, and “feels like we only go backwards”

lovely :melting_face:

7 Likes

We used to camp a lot with the Scouts, but didn’t won any tents. Instead, we did stuff similar to you. Bed sheets, curtain rods, books, and furniture, mainly chairs and tables.

When my son was a lot younger, his mom went away for the weekend for work, so I grabbed some tarps and bungee cords and turned the living room into a “fort”.

4 Likes

that sounds so fun :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

I wanted to join the scouts too, mom and I made so many trips but they were never at the office. same with Karate. So we had tk drop it :grimacing:

5 Likes

Recent storms didn’t quite get all of.our blooms. Last year’s series did.

8 Likes

Hahah i did karate when i was in 4th gradw feels
So nostalgic however my karate instructor used to beat the shit out of me on some occasions :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

What have I done, smh…

I’ve been binge watching Big Brother for the past month because I was bored one day, couldn’t find anything good to watch and am now on the start of season 19. I thought I was working my way out of the rabbit hole and close to being finished with the series, because I can’t just watch ONE season, I HAVE to binge the entire series when…I discovered Big Brother Canada :exploding_head:

And U.K. And Australia, and so on…

So much drama, fighting, debauchery, deception and shenanigans, and so little time.

Don’t judge me. :shushing_face:

6 Likes