The Official Social Club 1st Edition (The place for social conversations and hanging out)

@Dagars Metatron is traditionally considered to have been Enoch, who was transformed into an angel. In that context, it does not make sense for Metatron to be the Demiurge. But in the Christian and Jewish context, Metatron would be considered as highly benevolent. I think there is simply an atmosphere of distrust in modern Western culture (and I have been affected by this myself), that looks at Angels as secretly being evil and even God, that people have been tricked.

It certainly makes for a compelling story, and as someone pointed out to me, a lot of LHP folk seem to have gone through a lot of suffering before joining the LHP. So it makes sense that there is this atmosphere of distrust that has become fairly popular in occult circles.

As for the Demiurge being evil, almost all the times I’ve heard that word “Demiurge” online in popular forums, it has been used to refer to a being who is evil and has tricked people. However, that is not the original context of the word. The word is Greek, and in Platonism, the Demiurgos is highly benevolent, in fact, he is perfect, just like all the other Gods, and has given life to all the other Gods, and in Greek Platonism he is identified with Zeus. Celestially, the Sun also points towards the Demiurge.

So, the Demiurge is not always considered evil but it seems a popular idea that the Demiurge is evil in occult circles. But that is certainly not the only view. Although I find it interesting that some think Metatron is the Demiurge. Wouldn’t Jesus be the Demiurge? He is considered to be the Logos. At least, in Christian circles.

10 Likes