Simulating one hundred million single tarot card draws/pulls in less than five seconds

I’ve developed a program that simulates a single card tarot draw, that can be run as many times as the user needs, and rather quickly. The program then adds up all of the instances each card was drawn/pulled, and then presents the card with the highest number of “times” or “instances” of being chosen.

I find this type of divination to be intriguing, but I’m remaining relatively skeptical about its usefulness and actual implications.

Last night I had the program run/simulate a million single tarot card draws, and then one hundred million. It came up with answers both times, displaying the card that received the most pulls.

What are your thoughts on this kind of software? Is it really useful? Is it really dangerous? Would you use it? If you would use it, I’d happily make it available for use Online and as a downloadable set of files.

4 Likes

Sounds intriguing. I’d definitely check it out. :smiley: What kind of files are we talking though; how was it developed, what language/s, does it have a GUI? Could it be shared on github or even codepen?

1 Like

How do we know that an intelligence influences the results?

Is the intelligence competent and friendly?

What sort of tests might be used?

Thank you for your response. I’ve gone ahead and published what I have at the moment, here.

I expect that I will be adding more to that website (as linked to above) soon.

The program was written in JavaScript. And you only need a Web Browser to use the program. It could easily be rewritten in any other programming language, however.

1 Like

Those are excellent questions. As best I can say, yes, the intelligence behind this program is friendly. It runs on servers that are well-respected and safe, the code isn’t manipulating results and no data is shared, at all. No data is recorded. The program just performs the task of simulating a million single tarot card pulls. Ending with displaying the card that was drawn the most.

The backend code is good , it just needs some touch up for responsive device’s

I have worked in UI/UX for quite some time
I want to recommend something
Add margin and padding for the card and also to the Paragraph txt

If possible also add the meaning of the cards because some of us don’t know what the card means

Thanks for the application btw :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for your review of the code, and the recommendations for the UI. I will most certainly be heeding your advice, and adding the needed CSS to make the whole thing responsive; with the correct padding as well. Also, adding descriptions for each of the cards is definitely doable. Good idea.

And you are most welcome. I love finding ways I can integrate my programming work into personal spiritual and occult studies/practices. I’m also happy to find that others can enjoy the same tools.

On a side note, if you visit the website, and open your Browser’s “Console” tab, the program prints some stats about the simulations that the were just ran. I hope this adds a little bit of transparency to what’s going on with this software.

1 Like

Brother, I will always get into any experiment under the sun (and beyond, and at the sides), so yes. I clicked in the link but saw nothing other than a short text message and a card (Death).

1 Like

Very interesting idea! I will say, I don’t see so much use when it comes to this for a single card pull, since normal single card pulls always seem to have absolutely accuracy for me. However, if you can program in more data, such as also displaying the least common card pulled, as well as the most common element pulled, and number, and perhaps most common Major Arcana card, etc. I think this could be developed into a very interesting system! (I am yet to check it out, so I’m sure if you have programmed in things like this!)

So, very interesting idea!

1 Like

The website is presently in a very rudimentary state, as you saw. At the moment, when the visitor arrives, the program automatically simulates on million single tarot card draws, and then displays the card with the most pulls. Which is why you saw one card, which in this case was the “Death” card.

I need to build more features, like giving the user control over when the program is run. And how many times the user wants the program to simulate a single card tarot pull.

I’m glad that you are interested in all of this. Thank you for visiting the website and offering your feedback.

All of this is possible. And I will make sure to add the meta data you have suggested here. Thank you for your powerful ideas for improving the program.

1 Like

Insted of most pull card can you change the code and add a randomiser to display random cards

because if most pull card keeps on displaying the probability of other cards to display gets lower and lower each time someone draws a card

1 Like