Tarot

Can someone explain to me or (if teaching is allowed in here) teach me how do i do tarot reading tho and pendulum cause i have been trying and seriously i can’t understand anything. It’s so confusing ugh :crying_cat_face:

I’m sorry if I’m asking alot

2 Likes
5 Likes

The key with a pendulum is to find an entity that knows about what you are asking - and is also interested in replying.

Quite a lot of entities are ignorant of the question asked but politely reply something

Entities that know the subject matter are easily bored by human questions and give nonsense answers

1 Like

Omg thx i needed it now i can finally understand.

1 Like

Well for me when it comes to pendulum i tell the pendulum to go Clockwise for yes and counter clockwise no and it goes both way so it makes it confusing so what could that mean

I would think it either it means…

I don’t know.

OR

You got a child’s ghost (or trickster one) trying to play with you

If it (a pendulum) goes both ways on the question.

1 Like

Tarot? You find a card layout you like, then ask a question

You can interpret the cards as they are in the booklet, they have multiple interpretations, look them over and see what jumps out at you

2 Likes

Pendulum divination I have always seen as pretty basic. I ask a spirit, or I ask my intuition, or whatever you wish to call it, to show me “yes” then to show me “no”. Then I ask questions.

Tarot is a bit more complex. It helps when you can reel off the interpretations or meanings of each card off the top of your head instantly, but another important thing is being able to read each card in context. For some people, card layouts work really well – i.e. “this is your current situation, here is a potential blockage, here is a potential strength” and so on, but it also helps to be able to kind of freely draw cards and read them without a given spread, and see where that takes you. That may also clue you in to personal interpretations of a tarot card (for example, for me, 3 of Pentacles in a read almost always means working with spirits). It also shows you how to read cards in a narrative instead of as separate and distinct parts… and to examine them based on other meanings, like the prominence of a certain suite in a reading, which can indicate the querent skewing toward a certain mindset, or being out of balance, or simply pointing out which area of their life their question is affecting (emotion, drive, mentality, materialism), or a mix thereof – or alternatively, seeing repeating numbers (aces, twos, threes, et cetera) and putting a numerological spin on the read.

Honestly if you wanna read Tarot I definitely encourage you to just post in the free readings thread and practice, or find somewhere else online where you can do so. I used to post a lot on /x/ at 4chan and just trade or offer free readings so I could practice. Don’t worry about having to memorise every exact meaning of each card before reading; it comes with time and practice. And actively reading is always better than book learning because you’ll get to apply it in realtime and hopefully get feedback.

4 Likes

Thx and I’ll try it before i give out readings cause i don’t wanna keep posting where it’ll be too bothering for others but I’ll try and then do one when i have got the hang of it.

1 Like

Can i know if there is a easy way to shuffle it if your ok with telling

1 Like

No bother at all love, we are all here to learn :relaxed: definitely try your hand in the free readings thread once you are comfortable!

I am sure many people have many different ways of shuffling… For myself I usually split the deck into 6ths, shuffle each pile, then split and recombine them. When I draw I usually shuffle the deck until a card falls out, then repeat. But some people shuffle then spread the cards out and then use their intuition to pick cards from the deck. I am sure there are other ways as well. Try them all and see what works for you.

2 Likes

I like the one where it falls out and i don’t stop until that happens so i tried it today and well it seems hermes didn’t want to talk and when i checked the meaning it says no he isn’t pissed either so i asked another yes or no question to Asmodeus and tried asking some of his lore to see if it’s really him and i kept getting no as answers to it all when it’s in the lore and i asked if it’s really him and found out that it isn’t it was the same with lucifer ugh I’m fed up of getting tricksters instead of actual deity.

2 Likes

I have not worked much with Lucifer (in his “Lucifer” name, at least) but Asmodeus can be a bit mischievous. If you’re worried about tricksters then perform an LBRP and then summon Asmodai and ask him to make you more proficient at reading the tarot, or asking for your intuition to be heightened. Then give it two days or so before you start reading tarot again (note: just my opinion).

And yes that is my preferred way to draw tarot cards too (unless you’re going by simple, one-draw yes/no cards). But reading for yourself is usually a minefield.

3 Likes

When using pendulum for spiritual entities I print their Seal, then consecrate with appropriate bodily juice(s) and place on top or beneath Ouija board.

Taro cards represent ‘energies’. Learn that and you’re along way ahead of the pack. One day you might even use Taro cards behind clip-together glass panes as Talisman; just don’t divine with those charged talismanic cards.

And be bold - throw in the bin that nasty, shitty little booklet that came with the deck. Don’t read any fucking Taro books. The 78 cards are a book! Keep notes. Gaze at a card until you can close your eyes and still see it, then walk through it as a door - I can’t, but others have. Examine repeated symbolism in the cards: Why?

Pick three cards everyday, foretelling your day - and keep notes.
After you get to know the cards, then read what others say. And I’m not suggesting this method - I’m telling you!
(I’ve made so many mistakes!)

Al.

6 Likes

Dude that’s some really good advice.

Do you mind @UncleAl if I link your post to a tarot tutorial I did, I want my readers to have exposure to what you talked about here?

3 Likes

Mate,

Go for it. I’m here to help.

Al.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly. @UncleAl I’m not sure you’re always aware of it but you are a valued member of this community and you have great insights and experience to share my friend.

2 Likes

Taro cards are talisman, talismans of energies. And all the right-hand pathers use Taro cards passively. As practitioners of the left-hand path why not do something completely different (and frankly, obvious) and use a separate deck of cards as talisman?

Because I’m old fashioned I’m forced to use glass (and wood or metal clip) frames, because Magickally glass is considered natural. You can also put them - in order - inside an all natural-material Taro bag.

Al.

2 Likes

@UncleAl If you don’t make a pdf of your experience, imma haunt you. :joy: jokes

2 Likes

Thanks for the praise, but better than that – send me money; that way I’ll know I’m really valued. Moreover, I’m actually a balding Finnish divorcé (with sexual perversions) who exploits English language occult groups to practice my written English. Ha, ha. Sucked you all in!

So, stop believing me and start doing what I suggest – that way you’ll know if I’m telling the truth or I’m full of it. Moreover, I hate myself for using British spelling, my own erudition and (perhaps overlooked) wordplay. Plus, I come across as just so fucking learned and highbrow I piss off myself.

Who the fuck do I think I am? And all that ‘political crap’ I post. What pisses me off is that I’m so up myself that I maintain that no rules apply to me. I mean, really?

Al.

2 Likes