New Members Please Introduce yourselves here!

Welcome! @Aqua

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Aqua :wave:t5: Nice to have you here. I look forward to your contributions.

6 Likes

Hello, i am ShotGlass

Hopefully i can properly answer these questions that was listed

• What kind of magic trips your trigger and delivers results?

Im interested in a variety of different magics, although i initially learned spiritual therapy/spirituality, so i am not sure if that kind counts as “background knowledge”…

I like to do practical applications of magic, have an issue with remembering things like textbook after textbook of text so i try to learn by practice and applying knowledge when necessary to commit to memory

• What type of magic are you interested in learning about?

Hoping to learn more about things to do with communicating with spirits/entities, identifying/scanning for any around me, becoming more “aware” of the entities around me and their messages/warnings

• We don’t need to know exactly how old are you but something like I’m in my 30’s gives us a good idea of the types of things you’ve been exposed to in life.

I’m in my mid 20s, had my first magic/demonic encounter when i was 14y.o

• Roughly where are you located? I don’t want to know your street address or even need to know the exact state or province. Just give us a general idea so we know where you are coming from and what you might face culturally in life.

I live in Australia, for some reason i cannot seem to find within nearby/local towns other people who focus on similar magic/demonic practices so i am trying out these different websites and communities/groups to chat with like minded fellows

• Any pictures of yourself you would like to share.

Not sure how to include pictures at this exact moment but i will be happy to upload pictures of myself sometime soon : )

• Any other details that are important for us to know about you and your situation and to consider when conversing with you. We are not superhuman, we will miss details and forget them too, but if we have an idea of who you are it sure helps us out.

Please note that i am not an expert in magic/demonic field of experiences, my personal skillset currently includes knowledge in things like spiritual therapy, decent understanding of chakras and their energies,

I did not grow up in a household that taught, nor did i learn of magic practices at a young age, i had to learn most things that i currently know in my pre 20s

On a physical level i am a “sensitive” type person who can sense to some degree the energies and spirits/entities around me. Yes, i understand alot of people are similar or has the same kinds of ablities.

9 Likes

Welcome @ShotGlass

5 Likes

Welcome @ShotGlass ! Good to have you here

3 Likes

You know who i am,

:+1: thanks for introducing me to this community/group

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ShotGlass

3 Likes

Welcome! @ShotGlass

2 Likes

Hey there @ShotGlass :wave:t5: Welcome to the forum

4 Likes

hello, I am Vik…a LHP pratictioner. Here to learn from other adepts.

4 Likes

Welcome @vikrola
I’m sure you’ll find this is a warm and welcoming community with many useful resources…

2 Likes

Welcome @vikrola .

There are a few more things we would like to know to make your Introduction more complete. This helps us know more about you and helps us frame our responses better to be more useful.

What is your experience with magic or similar areas?

About what part of the world do you come from?

Anything you’re interested in learning? Anything you’re not interested in?

2 Likes

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Jk, but really I think that makes a total of like 4 or 5 Aussies on the forum now, so I’m happy. Welcome! QLD native, moved to a southern state that actually has separate seasons. Wild. Still adjusting.

Hope you enjoy your time here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome! @vikrola

3 Likes

Hi @vikrola :wave:t5: welcome aboard. Nice having you here.

4 Likes

Thanks, i am currently in a NSW coastal town

Nice to know some friendly people is also from “down under” :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Greetings everybody,

I’m 29 years old and located in Scandinavia. I’ve had a serious interest in the occult since I was 15 – as I’ve always had an ingrained belief in spirits and magic, the boulder rolled quickly downhill from a slow, innocent interest in pop-Buddhism to a fast paced obsession with 19th and 20th century Hermeticism.
I did not study many of the “usual suspects” from this time period for long before it became apparent to me that there was a great chasm between modern and traditional magic. I ended up finding myself at home in the cozy cave of Neoplatonism.

My main interests are Traditional Astrology, Geomancy, Ritual Magic, Rootwork, Dresmwork, Talismans and Scrying. While I am biased towards the Orphic and Egyptian pantheon, I am eclectic and get around a bit.
As this is a forum where black magic is prevalent I should perhaps clarify my own position: I roughly categorize spirits as Empyrean, Terrestial and Chtonic. I see Demons as Chtonic spirits who share in the passions of men, certainly not “evil”, and while I am open to work with them, I do consider it an advanced practice that I’ll savor for later after more experience with Empyrean and Terrestial spirits. After all, as Socrates said: “A life unexplored is a life not worth living”.

The one thing that I find off putting about Neoplatonism and similar ascetic traditions though is the world-denying transcendentalism. I do not believe that the much maligned “Ego” of the New Agers, that unique spark of individuality, is something to be overcome and destroyed, but something to be polished, cherished and beautified. Nor do I believe that the mundane life is something to be shunned, but something to be played to ones advantage and be in a position where one can look out for ones own.

For the past 5 years I’ve found myself at the wrong end of the bottle, so my practice has gotten rusty to put it mildly. The boozing also took a heavy toll on my personal and professional life. I’ve been sober for a week now, the longest streak for years, and with excercise and proper food, I have a clarity that I haven’t had in a long time. Should be fun to get my shit together with magic ^^

Anyhow, that be my ramblings done. I’m looking forward to learn new curiosities from this forum and get to know you folks better

Nyx

9 Likes

Welcome, @Nyx

5 Likes

@Nyx Welcome! I believe you’ll fit in pretty well here. Haha

4 Likes