Gematria theory, practice and fun conversational subject

Hello all,

I’m starting this thread to attract both those familiar with Gematria and those would like some guidance in learning more about it both from a theoretical perspective and practical.

This can be an ongoing topic of back and forth banter hopefully it stays mostly on topic, and this is a great place to ask questions and get answers as well.

I’ll start I guess. I calculated last night the value of Orobas name. I found it was linked to words like agreement ( which Orobas is famous for his reconciliation so that’s interesting) , orange, millionaire, and many other fascinating words or ideas.

His number is 273 by way of Hebrew gematria.

Here is an engine that can calculate this. Honestly I don’t know of a better one or if this one is ok or not. If anyone has a better one or knows this shouldn’t be used and why feel free to say so.

Update I just found too " in too deep, God of seeing". That’s fucking wild…

1 Like

Gematria is very fascinating. I have more experience with Isopsephy (Greek gematria), it is always interesting to see how all things are so intimately linked together.

2 Likes

Yes I’m just starting to go down the rabbit hole and this is likely to be really strange.

Glad to see others interested.

I wondered if you’d drop in :love_you_gesture:

What are the major differences between the two system that you know of other than the actual numeric values?

1 Like

Hmm, I wouldn’t say there’s much of a difference, as far as I’m aware, other than it using a different alphabet (Gematria in the sense of using the Hebrew alphabet, Isopsephy using the Greek alphabet).

Each Greek letter also corresponds to either an Element, Planet, or Sign, similar to Hebrew, so you could interpret Greek words following their correspondences in that way as well, but you could do the same with Hebrew words.

1 Like