Avon bottles for jar/bottle Spells

I have some older and cool Avon bottles that I think I can recycle and use for jar spells, witches bottles and what not.

They already have designs so I can pick a spell to work with the imagery.

It will be creative and fun and better than just sending them to the dump or just continuing to let them collect dust.

My first bottle that Im going to try to work with is a horse shoe and since most consider horse shoes to be good luck , my grandpa used to hang horseshoes over the entrances to his home for good luck, I will work this one into a good luck bottle.

Maybe keep with my grandpa’s tradition and place it close to my front door to ‘bring in good luck’ :four_leaf_clover:

Im going to decide today what ingredients need to be placed inside my magick bottle and then get to work.

5 Likes

I am thinking I can use some of the small tiger’s eye chips I have. Then add some herbs known for luck and prosperity.

I have a couple of things in mind. And maybe a prosperity or good luck oil. I have a couple of different things I can go through and decide.

Possibly, ask a spirit to aid as well. Im thinking Fortuna. But I havent decided just yet.

3 Likes

Yay! I love repurposing things and old bottles are cool as shit and usually higher quality than the new stuff!

2 Likes

Yes! The glass of these bottles are so thick. Not that thin glass everything today is made of. And they are so cool, I can play off the designs that are already there.

I think this is going to be a really fun project.

Im saving the totum pole one for Halloween to do ancestral work with.

3 Likes

My grandma used to let me order things, and would give me all sorts of perfumes and shit from Avon, so I think it’s awesome you still have some and your using it for witchy stuff!

2 Likes

Some of these were my granny’s and some are ones that my mom picked up thrifting. When she passed I got the boxes with all the bottles. Didnt know then that I would be repurposing them for magick.

3 Likes

I have some small chips of tiger’s eye that i will use.

Tiger’s eye

Wealth rice

Blockbuster oil

Cinnamon

And some herbs i have yet to decide on.

Im going to ask Fortuna to bless the bottle.

The horse shoe its self is a lucky charm.

I have a green candle that i will burn and use the wax from to seal it.

I think that will be good.

3 Likes

It’s finished

I asked Fortuna to bless it and make a it a lucky charm to bring , good luck, wealth and prosperity to my home .

4 Likes

The opening to put stuff inside is very small so I had to modify it.

The money rice was put inside along with some oil.

The outside was anointed and Fortuna blessed it.

I used a green candle sprinkled with cinnamon.

3 Likes

Very cool! :sunglasses:

Can I ask what you put in your money rice?

3 Likes

Tbh I don’t know :sweat_smile: I bought it from Lover’s Conjure on Etsy.

I saw where you had posted ingredients to make your own, and thought when what I have is gone , I would try it.

3 Likes

But since its green Im going to assume green food coloring at least :rofl:

3 Likes

Do you have ingredients for the love rice?

3 Likes

Nope; never heard of it! But I would imagine things like rose petals, hibiscus petals, lavender, and sugar would be involved.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I have a couple of Avon bottles that are cars. I was thinking I could take which ever one resembles a sporty “fast” car and use it for “fast” cash. :money_mouth_face: :moneybag:

4 Likes

Or travel protection, or maybe road opening…

4 Likes

I can do them all. I have like 5 or 6 different kinds of cars.

Those are good ideas :bulb:

4 Likes

Here are some of the cars but there a still some cars in the box too.

3 Likes

The 2 black ones look fast. Doesn’t one of them have a rocket booster rear end (vaguely similar to the 1960s tv bat mobile? Or am I seeing it wrong?

Add the lightest one might be depicting a hot rod cuz of the open seats if it’s a hit rod it’d be fast but if it’s something like a model A not so much.

2 Likes