Advice on working with Medusa

So recently I was approached by Medusa, and have confirmed she is reaching out to me. So I’m just looking for advice on how to call work etc with her. Thanks.

6 Likes

Try Mugwort as a (non-toxic) incense and the colour black for however you use colour in ritual.

4 Likes

You can write your own invocation, using her lore. Asking her to consecrate a protection amulet in her image would be a nice gesture and a way to bring you closer. As would the research into her lore. You could also ask Hekate to connect you in dream or in ritual, using Jason Miller’s spells. His Hekatean evocation ritual guide in Consorting with Spirits would be ideal, if you go that route.

5 Likes

I’ve been researching her lore since yesterday, I’ve only found the usual myth lores of her being beheaded. I did find a sigil on VK Jehannums site, and found and enn chant video on YouTube.
What exactly are her offices though?

From this website ( The Real Myth of Medusa - Education is Powerful ) I gather she is a protection deity. So working with Emperor Lucifer now on protection magick would make sense as to why she reached out to me.

2 Likes

I would recommend going straight to the sources. Hesiod’s Theogyny, Ovid’s Metamorphosis, etc. Maybe follow that up with an anthology or a psychoanalytical study.

1 Like

Thanks for the links!
I’ve found more occult type stuff online and it mentions she usually works with women, but I know she has worked with Norse before. So I might just start by offering her a candle and maybe some copal (can’t find mugwort where I’m from) and ask if she could send me another sign that it’s ok to call on her.

3 Likes

Can you find bay leaves?

If bay is the same thing as Laurel I’m sure I can find some to burn as incense.

1 Like

Yes, bay laurel. Utilised by the Greeks and excellent for protection and divination. They won’t burn as nicely as copal though. You could use a cauldron fire to burn the bay leaves over unscented sanitizer gel and salt:

Myrrh is good for chthonic entities (such as Medusa).

3 Likes

According to modern women, I’m guessing. I would take that with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Great advice! Thanks yesterday I burned Astaroths old altar sigil with an offering, so I took a napkin dipped in cooking oil to burn it. Never thought of hand sanitizer!

1 Like

Good luck :slight_smile: :snake::fire:

1 Like

Well my online research for Medusa brought me to a sigil from VK Jehannum. I drew it at work today and even while drawing it, it opened up. Did a little enn meditation that I found on you tube, and decided to giver her a candle and some incense. So assuming that it was her that answered through the pendulum, she asked for a red candle, and she chose jasmine incense. Still debating on how to approach her so I figure some gifts before evoking may be a good start:

6 Likes

Bay is easy fresh bay is not. Every store with a baking/spice aisle sells bay leaves. It’s the Jasmine that’s hard to get unless you want to spend a fortune buy a plant and wait til it blooms :person_shrugging:

1 Like