What are the necessary elements for a wealth altar? (Jason Miller)
That depends largely on the powers invoked. Generally speaking, you would have items related to the following:
- A general color scheme that relates to the power you invoke.
- Statues, Icons, or pictures of spirits and dieties, as well as perhaps spirit houses for familiar spirits and local beings.
- Space for whatever offerings you are making and the tools to make those offerings.
- Some kind of centrally located petition related to your Definite Chief Aim that can be fed/worked/etc.
- Items related to specific enchantments: candles, oils, etc – depends entirely on what you are doing.
- Items that breed luck and prosperity and keep poverty at bay.
What you should not have is any kind of war/cursing/hiding/binding etc items. There is nothing morally wrong with any of this, but the mixture of “build/create/brighten/expand” doesn’t play with with “dismantle/destroy/obfuscate/bind” magic.