Breaking in a new deck, 5 free readings! [CLOSED]

Thanks for waiting and my apologies for the delay :slight_smile:

past-unconscious:

Your past-unconscious appears to be a dark place and a time of enduring great stress and heartache. The three of swords appears first, so there is heartache here; a sense of betrayal and pain. Were you the heart, or the swords that pierced it? An unexpected loss, and most likely your unconscious was preoccupied with a sense of suffering, whether it was your own suffering, or the suffering of someone else, or others.

There was a heavy burden on you here, perhaps persecution – were you being persecuted by others, or did the persecution come from within yourself, directed inward? Something here was a test, perhaps not in a divine sense, but in the sense that you were put to a time of great challenge, and had to use every last scrap of your knowledge and willpower to emerge from a dark time. “Sacrifice” is also a key word here.

past-conscious:

Your past-unconscious appears to have close ties to your past-conscious; since here appear two cards side-by-side which speak of emerging victorious from a dark time, and perhaps having used dark means (as some might deem it). The ace of wands is here to give you courage and push you to use your intuition to drive you in a new direction, boldly.

This was a time that spawned a lot of new ideas, and opened roads of opportunity for you… and the road of opportunity was opened by, again, what some may consider to be dark means. There was conflict in the past-conscious, but it seems the conflict was confrontational, or a matter of action, not conflict in terms of indecision. Perhaps using that conflict to propel yourself forward, leaving others arguing behind you in the dust. Perhaps pitting people or groups against each other. Perhaps simply taking others’ energy and realising it could be used for your own ends.

future-conscious:

Your future-conscious could be interpreted two ways, but it seems a pattern begins to emerge here. The work of your past has paid off for you, and offered you a sense of self-satisfaction. You have reaped the rewards of your past efforts, and prospered in the harvest.

Here now appears the Moon, whose meaning can be taken in a few ways. As she rules over the dark and the night, she can be seen as a symbol of fear, or of feeling out of your depth. However, she also represents intuition, and a huge pool of untapped potential and raw psychic energy. She speaks of learning how to see in the darkness the things which are hidden in daylight, and of power waiting to be realised, so you may bend it to your own will.

future-unconscious:

Daydreams and fantasies are foremost in your future-unconscious, and likely the success of your future-conscious is feeding this cycle. Dreams are becoming goals, or they can be made so. There is a lot of creativity in this period as you learn more from the Moon; however, there is risk of becoming distracted by desires and wishes, and not actually putting in the work to manifest them into reality.

Death is the final card here, which, as we know, speaks of evolution and change, and beginnings and endings. In this case I think it refers to that impenetrable veil of mortality, and how at the right times and with the right mindframe, we can be given glimpses of the future, or potential future, and have certain knowledge revealed to us. Not to be taken lightly. This may be the end of an old project, but it is also the beginning of a new one, so long as you heed the advice of the card prior, and do not let yourself become overwhelmed by potential to the point of indecision or procrastination.

So, the guidance for your project seems to be this: You have a lot of power at your disposal, once you figure out how to tap into it (or tap into it further), and you have enough creative force driving your project to make it manifest. You may have to, or have had to, step on some toes along the way, and the end result may not be what you started out imagining, as it’s likely you will come to a point where there are so many options for progression that you may become temporarily stagnant.

I would imagine that your approach to the project will change, or has changed, as more opportunities open up to you, but I do not see this as necessarily a bad thing. Be open to inspiration, let your intuition guide you if you feel the project could be tweaked or improved. Again, the final outcome will probably not be what you initially thought it would be, but it is likely to lead on to even better things, since you have gained knowledge in the undertaking.

past-unconscious:

• 3 of swords
  • 8 of swords

past-conscious:

• ace of wands
  • 5 of swords

future-conscious:

• 9 of cups
  • the moon

future-unconscious:

• seven of cups
  • death
2 Likes

You… have just listed out like all my survival tactics and a couple “dirty secrets” I keep close to heart. I had forgotten in the instantaneous joy of seeing you offer readings why I don’t like (skilled, especially) people reading for me.

I expected to wait… no harm in having patience for important things, I’m very happy to have waited if this is the result.

You made me almost cry… I have most certainly been both. What I have been given, I tend to return. Though sometimes in part and sometimes in whole (and not always through magick either, used to just be words I got to use).

Yes… I picked up and learned a lot as a younger/smaller human that was very necessary to me. It was all-consuming and I’m still unlearning how to exist that way. Leaving & existing outside of the events that happened, were and still are a nightmare sometimes. “Sacrifice” makes a lot sense too, I learned a lot from it.

I worked my ass off for that. And it could be classed as “dark,” but I was young and scared and I was offered a hand–or maybe dug into the earth until I found one there. Dark or not, no one else was going to help me.

Lovely message!! It has before as it is now.

QUESTION: @Veil Can this be said for/of all magicians? I’m wondering if this is purely related to my pursuit of the infernal or it’s taking into account other choice actions and decisions I’ve made.

I admit to having engaged in all of these behaviors. My primary means of getting out of situations and into ones that I wanted to be in. I (used to) set people up for fights, kept me out of the way and them playing around for a while. And somehow they seem more interested in being helpful toward me afterward, depending on the human(s) and the things I set up them for. I did pit them against each other, but not always directly. Some people are more likely to be of help when they think another person either is or isn’t being helpful.

Absolutely beautiful section, loved reading. I can see it’s relevance.

Yes!!

Thank you for this, makes sense and it’s good to have a reminder.

My favorite. Especially going in Halloween time. October-Early December is always my most productive/change-ridden time of the year.

I’ll keep this in mind.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

That’s one of my issues. I’m trying to figure how to continue. But you’ve also reminded me I have a demon (or several) on my side. Who would I be without my “dark” tricks and friends?

Aww!! Very inspirational :smiling_face: You’re also right, it’s a magick “project,” which means that the magick behind it is on-going. I didn’t wanna say so before, but this is my Mind Walking projecting I was asking about. I’m caught between a few things that need my attention at the moment and it’s been set aside the most as I don’t have a “deadline” so to speak. It’s definitely one of those dreams I’m making into a goal to finish that project.

Thank you so much for this amazing reading! It’s been very insightful and means a lot to me. This is really the time of year where I settle into goals and fucking make them happen. The past cards really resonated and hit a cord. They’re relevant to everything, both this project I’m working on and almost all waking moments of my life. You managed to pull the 2 cards I’m most enamored by and that most chase me through life (3 swords, Death) which I find pretty fun (amazing) too. Loved both sections, they were both meaningful to me on many levels. Really appriciate the reading, such great talent & skill you have!! Thanks :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback (and oopsie, I wrote ‘3 of cups’ instead of ‘3 of swords’, but you managed to pick up on that :joy: ) – fixed now

Hahaha I know the feeling and I am so very sorry. If you’d like, I am happy to PM you the reading and delete it from the thread.

This is very high praise though, thank you so much. :blush: I’m glad it meant a lot to you. :bouquet:

I thought that might be the case when the pattern started to emerge, but I try and avoid frontloading as much as possible, so I just focus on the cards. It’s always fascinating to see the patterns unfold, and then the narrative comes… and this reading is drawn in a circle, so it seems by nature cyclical – our past informs our present, or our future, and in a way, to me, seems to underscore the non-linear nature of time.

I think it could be said for many magicians, but this message was for you specifically. As I said, I try to avoid frontloading as much as possible, but I do read your journal, and about your workings. To be honest, that is one thing I very much admire about you personally, from what I know of you. You are… relentless, uncompromising, fierce. I said “dark means” not as it relates to the infernal or the spirits you work with necessarily, but to highlight that you yourself are a force to be reckoned with, and you answer only to yourself. I respect that, and on many levels I relate to it.

Then hell yeah, make it happen! :fist:

Thanks again for your lovely feedback! :two_hearts:

1 Like

No, it’s not an issue at all. Just wasn’t ready for it when I sat down lol.

That’s pretty awesome! I’m not used to those.

Yes, that makes sense.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Interesting way to use the term, not sure I would’ve gotten there on my own. Thanks for the compliment :heart: and always a compliment in it’s own that you see such things in me. The respect is mutual and the work you do is fucking incredible.

:smiling_imp: Fully intend to. It’s mine if I want it enough. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thanks for waiting 22 damn days for me to put this together :sweat_smile:

Past-unconscious:

Your past-unconscious is an odd mix. There is a sense of despondency, the feeling that the things you once enjoyed no longer hold much meaning for you, or perhaps the feelings that any challenges that come your way are insurmountable. A lack of faith in yourself, or in something you once believed in. Next to this card is the two of cups, which is the card of connection: partnership, usually romance or deep friendship. It can also tell of an understanding between two people or an end of hostility. So, are these two things connected? Did you fall out of faith in a partner, did a relationship become sour?

Past-conscious:

The past-conscious, which would likely speak of your actions or your daily thoughts, overlays this, and seems to try and nullify those feelings with logic and self-control. Temperance appears here as the card of acceptance and contemplation. It also calls for moderation, which in English we can interpret two ways: one, to restrict oneself in some way; or two, to weigh each side of an argument or situation equally before judging or acting. The Knight of Swords comes immediately after: a person or archetype who represents the ideal of being straightforward, logical in thought, but also blunt and uncompromising. He is also someone who will strive to put aside feelings to achieve a goal.

Given the past-unconscious this may not be a bad thing; as he is matched by Temperance in this quarter, it seems the message is or was to accept a situation and find balance, with the hope that the balance did not swing too far away from emotion toward cold logic and being too forceful or cold in your thoughts.

(Two cards jumped from the deck together here: 9 of cups and page of swords, which is interesting, because it balances the emotion – cups – of your past-unconscious, and the logic – swords – of your past-conscious. I would say that it in short represents a wish being fulfilled after a hard-won battle, and interestingly the page of swords is a more toned-down and less rash version of the knight of the same suit. I don’t know where these cards are relevant in the spread, whether they represent an actual event, or simply serve to bridge a gap in the reading, or perhaps represent a road not taken or a possible outcome.)

Future-conscious:

The whole ass Court of Swords seems determined to show up in your reading, because here is the Queen of Swords. This is a more evolved version of the Knight of Swords; representing an archetype of someone who is still straightforward, but fair in her honesty rather than “brutally honest”, because she knows the truth can hurt. I would also say she represents someone of great knowledge of immaterial things, which would include the occult. She plays by the rules, but unfortunately, she is not the one who makes the rules. She plays by the rules set by others. This may be you or your mindset, or may represent a person in your life.

At this time, there is an overabundance of logic or intellect. Your thoughts return to weariness and despondency. There is something you are tired of, something you are willing to (or must) leave behind. After feeling stuck in place for so long, it is time for a change. Perhaps this is you accepting that the future won’t be as you planned it to be. Things don’t seem to be going your way, and it is time to move on from it.

Future-unconscious:

As a throwback to Temperance, I think, Judgement rears her head here. Will it be reward or punishment? This is a time for determining what actually deserves your time and effort, for making decisions, and for looking at your life, particularly your relationships to people and things (hobbies, or work, how you spend your time) and determining whether they are balanced. This is a call to get rid of the things that don’t serve you, and only drag you down.

“Closure” is the word I would choose for the final card here… the Ten of Swords. Normally considered to be the card of ruin, while it does speak of endings, difficult times, and perhaps even tragedy, it is not without its glimmer of hope. “It’s only when you’ve lost everything that you’re free to do anything”. The Ten of Swords may be the card of ruin, but it is, as the saying goes, always darkest before the dawn. There will be a new light coming, and you simply must persevere.

(Another card jumped from the deck here: The Fool. I think the message is clear. Closure and new beginnings… new possibilities, new potentials, new horizons. new discoveries. Rid yourself of fear of the unknown and start out on the next adventure, even if you don’t know what path your feet will take you down. All will be well.)

Note that you also have an overabundance of Swords in your reading. This means you are likely to get trapped in your own head, or to spend a lot of time mulling over situations from a purely intellectual perspective… but that is not balanced. Allow emotion and motivation back into your life rather than focusing solely on your own thoughts.

Past-unconscious:

• The Star (reversed)
  • 2 of Cups

Past-conscious:

• Temperance
  • Knight of Swords

(Fell out of the deck together: 9 of Cups, Page of Swords)

Future-conscious:

• Queen of Swords
  • 6 of Swords

Future-unconscious:

• Judgement
  • 10 of Swords

(Fell out of the deck: The Fool)

1 Like