Strategic Sorcery: Work-Through & Review

Week Nine: Elements

The usual pdf with no illustrations. Miller starts by discussing the history of the elements in western thought and magick. He then explores elemental correspondences, qualities, and actions, noting that:

“…you can shift your awareness from gross to subtle through the awareness of the elements…note how the more mundane it gets, the more useful it gets.”

3 Likes

Week Ten: Working with the Elements

An amazing lesson!! Just as lesson two expanded upon “The Pillar”, lesson ten expands upon the “The Spheres”. Multiple elemental techniques are presented, including one to enhance invocations. Every single one has merit and application.

I am very excited to get started unpacking this material! :seedling::fire::droplet::dash::cyclone:

3 Likes

Week Eleven: The Planets

The usual pdf with no illustrations. Milller elaborates on planetary order, planetary days, and planetary hours. He discusses kameas and planetary intelligences versus spirits (very interesting). He concludes with planetary correspondances, including vowel tones.

“In this case the intelligence is reflects the higher or more cosmic processes associated with the planet, but is not necessary concerned with the goings on of every day life. The Spirit on the other hand may be a bit unruly at times, but is more connected with life here in the material plane.”

3 Likes

Week Twelve: The Planets Part 2

Having established what planetary correspondences, timings, spirits, intelligences, and kameas are, Miller discusses how to actually use them to tackle different kinds of problems and operations. He discusses Abramelin’s critiques of traditional timing and presents his alternative system.

Miller continues with the use of planetary gates in the Simon Necronomicon, and the differences between Graeco-Roman and Summarian entities associated with the classical planets. The reader is encouraged to call upon them and find out for themselves, and to do so with Archangels as well if so desired. Finally, he provides a framework for writing invocations to planetary spirits and intelligences, as well as his own “secret seals of the planet”.

“Anyone that has ever worked with the Necronomicon (Simon edition) knows that before you use most of the magic in the book you should walk the gates, all of which relate to the planets. Despite the book being a modern creation, it is still a grimoire that has served many mages well, myself included.”

I am familiar with the seals and use them regularly. I prefer them to the traditional seals; they are more dynamic and active, to me. This was a wonderful lesson and has got me curious about the Simon Necronomicon.

3 Likes

Week Thirteen: Azoth

The usual pdf with no illustrations. Miller begins by speculating about the nature and qualities of Source as consciousness and substance. He briefly explores working with non-classical planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto). There is a sentence about different colors of Azoth that drops off entirely with an unfinished word. No idea what it was leading to, which is unfortunate, as it is part of an energy exercise. These lessons have been going for years, so I’m sure he knows about the error, but doesn’t view it as worth his time to fix it. I did appreciate his commentary about how the same deity can have “higher” and “lower” levels. He concludes by discussing faith versus gnosis versus and theosis.

3 Likes

Week Fourteen: Materia Magica Part 1

The usual pdf with no illustrations. Miller discusses six major benefits of using materia in magick, and four different categories of materia magica. This lesson (Part I) focused on understanding and using physical links to targets in spellwork. A solid lesson.

1 Like

Week Fifteen: Materia Magica Part 2

A continuation of the previous lesson, this time briefly exploring botanical, mineral, and zoological correspondences. Some of these caught me off guard, such as chamomile for speed. I would never use chamomile for speed. Charm bag construction is explored, with two examples. There is a strong hoodoo focus.

“Some of you taking this have a background in Psionics and other disciplines that don’t really work with Physical Links - I urge you to use it and you will see the difference in signal strength.”

Note: I did not appreciate his casual mention of simply buying human remains online. This is, imo, especially thoughtless of someone who married an African-American woman and had children with her.

He was probably referring to sources such as Tiger Tiger, where donated human remains can be purchased. But he did not clarify this, and I seriously doubt that this is what the people who donated their bodies had in mind when they consented. It is for this reason that I have not incorporated human bone into anything but mala beads, even though I know they would make a potent addition to necromantic and baneful oils (etc).

3 Likes

Week Sixteen: Materia Magica Part 3

An overview of types of hoodoo blends (no recipes) and how to use oils, powders, and incense in sorcery. A solid introductory lesson.

1 Like

Week Seveneen: Materia Magica Part 4

A wonderful lesson exploring some of the proposed definitions and differences between amulets and talismans, four ways of jointly classifying them both, three methods of charging them, and a discussion on their general programming. Solid info and very helpful!

1 Like