[TUTORIAL] Trance methods

Overview

The trance state is where magic happens.

Trance may also be referred to by other names, like: the alpha state, theta-gamma sync (I believe this term was coined by EA Koetting :copyright: ), gnosis, deep meditation, no-mind meditation.

Trance types

There are generally two ways of entering trance: excitatory (active) and inhibitory (passive).

1. Excitatory methods are active and involve things such as: drumming, dancing, singing, chanting, pain, sex.

2. Inhibitory methods involve passive methods such as: no-mind meditation, guided meditation, stillness, listening to binaural tracks, listening to ASMR audio (if you are susceptible to ASMR), chanting.

Note that Wim Hof breathing and chanting could to belong in both categories.

Chanting as well, in particular, as it can produce an excitatory state, but if done for long periods of time, usually produces an inhibitory state.

I personally prefer passive trance, although my favourite method is either Wim Hof breathing, or @ReyCuervo’s patented Hypnos trance method. Chanting sits somewhere between the two types, and ASMR does to some extent as well.

There are a few methos of trance I have played around with, which take a bit longer, such as the staircase down into darkness, or staircase up into light, or Leviathan’s trance method of drifting deep underwater. I might go into further details about this specific method later.

Personally my favourite routine is:

• Stack an alpha binaural beat and shamanic drumming track (i.e. play them at the same time on low-medium volume),
  • Watch a particularly triggering ASMR video until I’m feeling tingly (skip this step if ASMR does nothing for you – but I find it helps me get into the right headspace),
  • When relaxed enough, pause the ASMR video, slightly raise the volume of the two other tracks, and go through one to two rounds of Wim Hof breathing.

This relaxes the SHIT out of me. Wim Hof breathing is also an excellent to help you fall asleep if you are having trouble doing so. However, please use all precaution and make sure you are practising it safely (i.e. seated in a sturdy chair, sitting with your back against a wall, or lying down), and if it’s your first time doing it, I don’t recommend more than one round (about 40 breaths, but please see this link for more info). If you have any medical condition which may be exacerbated by Wim Hof breathing, do not use it or consult with a medical professional before attempting it.

General methods

Staircase down

This is my preferred method to use when reaching my own mindscape, inner mind, or if speaking to demons and other entities or pathworking.

• Use any of the above methods to help relax you, e.g., begin playing an alpha binaural track, and go through a round or two of Wim Hof breathing.

• Close your eyes and visualise yourself standing in a white, empty, endless space.

• There is a doorway nearby.

• Open the door. Behind it, a black staircase winds downwards in a spiral. Everything beyond the door is in darkness.

• Begin to walk down the stairs. Pay attention. Feel your feet touch each step, hear the noise of your feet hitting the risers. Sense your breathing. Touch the railing or balustrade of the staircase and feel its texture under your palm.

• Walk slowly and COUNT each step down.

• On step two or three, you feel water lapping at your ankles. The water is not cold, it is comfortable.

• With every step downwards, notice yourself feeling more and more relaxed, and the water rising higher around you.

• When the water covers your head entirely, you know that you can still breathe freely.

• Usually it takes about a 20 or 30 count to get to the bottom, but don’t be worried if it takes greater or fewer steps. Take as long as you need to be fully relaxed and immerse yourself in the descent.

• You will know when you stand on the final step; you will be completely underwater and feel there is no step left beneath you.

• Dive or simply step off of the final step. You can breathe normally. Allow yourself to sink deeper, or to swim downwards with purpose.

• You will eventually encounter a kind of skin or bubble under your hands (if you dove) or feet (if you stepped off the staircase to sink downwards).

• Penetrate the bubble with your hands or feet. There may be slight resistance at first, but it will not last.

• You should/may land in a featureless black environment with no perceivable 3D measurement. However, you may look around and notice items, objects, or other features in the environment.

• Don’t worry if your experience is different than what you’d expected. This is your own mind. You are safe here.

Staircase up

In short, I generally use the “staircase up” method when talking to angels or archangels. But it is not my most-used method.

• Use any of the above methods to help relax you, e.g., begin playing an alpha binaural track, and go through a round or two of Wim Hof breathing.

• Close your eyes and visualise yourself standing in a white, empty, endless space.

• There is a doorway nearby.

• Open the door. Behind it, a staircase winds upwards in a spiral. Everything beyond the staircase is featureless, dimensionless white.

• Begin to walk up the stairs. Pay attention. Feel your feet on each step, hear the noise of your feet hitting the risers. Notice your breathing. Touch the railing or balustrade of the staircase and feel its texture under your palm.

• Walk slowly and mentally COUNT each step upward.

• With every step upwards, notice yourself feeling more and more relaxed.

• Usually it takes about a 20 or 30 count to get to the top, but don’t be worried if it takes greater or fewer steps. Take as long as you need to be fully relaxed and immerse yourself in the climb.

• Your body and head may emerge from a cloud. This is fine, and you can breathe normally.

• You should/may stand in a featureless white environment with no perceivable 3D measurement. However, you may look around and notice items, objects, or features.

• Don’t worry if your experience is different than what you’d expect. This is your own mind. You are safe.

When you wish to leave this place, simply focus on your intention to leave and Will a staircase to appear (upwards or downwards, respectively).

• Climb or descend the staircase. Engage your senses again, as you did when you first entered the state.

• Count each step and feel yourself gradually returning from the trance state to your normal waking state.

• Soon, you will see an open doorway at the top or bottom (respectively) of the staircase.

• As you emerge out of the doorway, open your eyes.

If you guys have any particular methods you love, feel free to post them here.

9 Likes