[TUTORIAL] Scanning

What is scanning?

Simply put, scanning is the act of getting info through a magickal act. Not very clear, I know, but scanning is probably not the best tool to gather information.

What do I need to do it?

Practice. Practice. Practice.

Is this the same as remote vision?

No.

How do I scan?

Relax. If you can into trance, do it. Focus on what you’re going to scan, usually a person. You can do this through the internet, with a picture, in person, sitting in your house and focusing in someone you personally know.

Say to yourself: the information that will come is true. And something will come.

The catch

When I started, I used to practice with a friend. She would give me pictures and what happened was that the colors changed in intensity, revealing shapes. I got info on my first couple of days, by finding her spirit patron. Problem is, she had to explained it to me, otherwise I wouldn’t have known what I was seeing. Or what’s the same, I was a neanderthal contemplating a laptop.

So, not very practical. But the more you do it the better you’ll get at it. Keep doing it for a significant amount of time and you may be able to get something good of it.

There is people that swears this is a very good method to get information. I disagree.

5 Likes

So if you can, can you explain the difference between scanning and other things like remote viewing, telepathy, precognition and such? Cuz I know someone who thought they were scanning but it was one of the other things they were doing.

4 Likes

scanning is like reading something, remote viewing is viewing something, telepathy is psychic communication.

I used to scan a lot when I was starting, I think it helped me become more sensitive to energy and learn the difference between different types of energy. I also think it’s good practice for clairs. While I wouldn’t consider it the best way to get information it’s quick and easy when you don’t have any tools at hand.

5 Likes