Three Ways to Properly Perform an Energetic Cord Cutting, and Why You Need to do this

@Mythopoeia is quite right that it is hard to find good information on not only what a cord cutting ritual is, but how to perform one and why should we do it in the first place?

In fact, a lot of times people are scared to perform a cord cutting because they are afraid it will completely and totally banish every thing they and the other party feel for each other.

Alright so first what is an energetic cord or link to another person? It’s called a cord, because basically we are describing a connection to another energetic body that flows much like an electric cord. Some people think it’s simply like linking paper dolls with yarn.

Really is it’s a little bit more complicated than that. Every time we speak to another person, touch another person, look at another person, every time our forum post gets read, every time someone see’s our name and it’s in reference to us specifically…energy is exchanged. It doesn’t matter if it’s an animal or a person, a place, thing, spirit or habit- we can and do form energetic links between us and those things we interact with.

These links, or cords are usually two streets, they both send energy from you down the link, but from the linked item back down to you.

This can get problematic when we develop negative thought patterns, habits, attachments to other people and an entire list of things. You probably get the idea, but to put it into context:

Have you ever been having a great day, and suddenly someone you care about walks in the door with bad news?

If you have, have you ever felt for that person, situation or otherwise been emotionally moved when it was even your situation? Ever felt like what you were feeling wasn’t your emotion at all?

While these are signs of empathy, they can also indicate an energetic linkage that is having a negative impact on you, possibly the other party and it’s time to start fresh.

Cutting cords removes the connection to the other item but not forever, not like it was never there. What it does is remove the old gunked up connection.

If you cut cords with your lover, you will find that communication flows easier, as both parties are able to let go of some of the emotional garbage that perpetually bounced up and down the energetic link betwixt you.

If you cut cords with an enemy, you will find they are less able to affect you, you give fewer shits about them and you are more readily able to facilitate the healing process.

Cutting cords DOES NOT heal trauma, emotional carnage or energetic damage.

It DOES give you a clean or at least cleaner slate to work with. If you’ve never done a cord cutting before, you may want to consider doing it twice and implementing a regular practice for along with a freshen it up once in a while mentality.

I recommend this, because I said we form energetic cords to lots of things, so a general ritual will clean up most of the gunk for you. I like to do deeper attachments as a separate ritual- even if it immediately follows the first. I also like to do a mini version every time I do work for someone else. This gives me a pretty good slate, most of the time. Sometimes life requires more maintenance than other times however, so your milage may vary.

To begin, you don’t need any tools but if you have a small bit of yarn, string, thread, rope, twine or likewise it does help the subconscious appropriately understand what you are doing, if you also carry out physical actions that represent the energetic actions you are about to take. As such, I will use yarn for an example. I will cover all three types of cord cutting which I personally employ.

The first method takes the most physical material. You could use vines, or plant material as well if it is sturdy enough to withstand the activity. I have yarn on hand, so that is what I will use. I like to use different colors; it makes it easier for my mind to remember each length represents something different.

To begin I don’t know how many energetic connects I need to remove. As such I take the ends of all four skeins of yarn, and I sit back and take a deep breath. If you only have one type of material that is ok, touch it anyways- hold it in your hands.

Try to understand that the object you hold in your hands symbolizes the energetic links you form with everything else in life. Even touching this material and thinking about it forms an energetic connection.

That’s okay, we want it to form an energetic connection representing all the other energetic connections we have in life. So now we think about what connections we have. Do we have parents, siblings, coworkers? People we don’t talk to very often, people we do, addictions, habits, how about a favorite ice cream you can’t stop eating too much of? It doesn’t matter what comes to mind, just allow your mind to think about these things.

Finally ask yourself how many cords you need to cut. Use the first number that comes to mind, my mind keeps settling on 20. They do not need to be the exact same length. Vary lengths can be used to represent how deep the connection is. I chose longer lengths because they are easier to work with imop.

Next gather all of one side of the ends and tie a slip knot.

Now, I like to braid the cords together, to remind myself of how the energetic connections are intertwined, you don’t really have to, you could also just loop them over one another, or simply tie the other end.

Finally, get a small candle, tea light or otherwise worthless to you (You want to throw this all away or otherwise dispose of it when your done.) Light the flame. Think about the flame will burn right through the material you used to symbolize these energetic links. Think about how it will burn, smell, the heat from the flame etc.

Finally using a fire safe container to catch the material in, light the cord in your candle flame. Drop it into the fire safe container and watch it burn, notice the smell, the heat, the smoke and everything that there is to perceive. As it burns, imagine the energy of the fire burning your energetic links.

Be cautious with fire, don’t burn down your house. Dispose with the remains in the trash, or whatever feels most appropriate.

Alright Ket, what about when it’s a specific cord(s). The process is basically the same, except while you are creating your representation of the link, think about that person, that situation, or whatever it is. Think about how the material represents these things.

Well, that seems easy enough, but what about daily maintenance? I can’t afford stock in the yarn company…

I hear you and that’s okay, I can’t either. I also couldn’t be motivated enough to do this every time I should when working and interacting with others and going about my day.

However I learned a nifty little trick, while I was going to school for massage therapy way back in 2005. I was also working on my undergrad work for pharmacy, and had yet to be blessed with my first child. My instructor was in his mid 50’s and very interested in eastern and holistic methods.

As such I learned about essential oils, reiki, funny shaped massage tools, tai chi and of course cord cutting. If we were going to be putting energy into healing and helping others, we needed to know how to cut the cords we were creating.

I don’t think many of us understood really what it meant, even those of us who could feel the heat of reiki, or the movement of chi.

I did however implement the practice I was taught and have always found I could feel the energy of the movement- those of you who are not super clairsentient may not, and that is okay. Later when you have developed your clairsentience, you will notice both the energetic movements and the lightening of your own energetic weight once you have performed the action.

It’s really simple. You can do it right in the moment when you are done with a situation or interaction, or you can wait until you have a private moment.

In the moment, simply think for a brief moment that you are cutting the energetic cord to whatever it is. It is easier to practice standing up, but can also be done sitting. Now raise your arms above and out from your body. Swipe your right hand/arm in front of your body towards the other side, and repeat with the left arm in the opposite direction- creating an scissor-like/chopping motion in front of you. Go about your day.

If it’s a few hours or even days later and you suddenly realize you forgot and should do this, take a moment to calm your mind, and remind yourself of the situation. It doesn’t need to be a long moment, just a clear one so that your subconscious clearly directs the energy and severs the correct energetic cord.

That’s all folks, the next post will be a modification of the Sword Banishing from Pele which also cuts energetic cords. It’s not long, but I need a damned cup of coffee first!

14 Likes

Thank you so much @Keteriya !! I will do this tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bookmarked for my next cord cutting. Thank you very much!

2 Likes