The Ritual Bloodletting thread

Also, for the love of god do not take aspirin or blood-thinners before bloodletting, unless you want to spend 30 min putting pressure on a wound to make it stop bleeding

5 Likes

To bounce off of @Veil’s reply, if there is a need for more than a few drops of blood, I rely on one of the following methods. The first is to massage from the base of the finger towards the tip after lancing. This allows for more blood to be extracted without the need of blood thinners. I usually use this method on all ten of my fingers with a tighter grip to add pain for curses.

The second is to use the few drops of blood to charge another liquid, such as red ink, to act as a substitute for larger quantities. I find this second method useful for marking objects to serve as idols.

6 Likes

Good points. I squeeze mine every which way to get the most out. I mean, it doesn’t want to come out on its own.

5 Likes

Right, it would be quite a problem if it did lol.

Also, if one wants to extract blood from areas of the mouth such as the tongue or lower lip, mouth wash would be ideal as a disinfectant (I have used this method combined with spit when I want my target to fall from favor). The human mouth is not exactly clean.

5 Likes

Dralukmun Careful on the tongue. I heard of someone who tried piercing and hit the vein and had trouble stopping the bleeding and had to go to the hospital (note I say heard. I didn’t know them so can’t verify the truth of it). Areas where you can see if there’s any veins are better imo like thigh or calf.

4 Likes

Good point, the few times I have used the tongue were on the tip on the very edge, about the same region one would cut when accidently biting their own tongue. Not a lot of blood but enough.

Behind the knee is another place that needs to be careful with, as I have had a friend who cut themselves too deeply and had to go to the hospital as well.

4 Likes

This thread is largely dead.