The Official Social Club 1st Edition (The place for social conversations and hanging out)

:rofl: You get me :peacock:

5 Likes

@Dagars Metatron is traditionally considered to have been Enoch, who was transformed into an angel. In that context, it does not make sense for Metatron to be the Demiurge. But in the Christian and Jewish context, Metatron would be considered as highly benevolent. I think there is simply an atmosphere of distrust in modern Western culture (and I have been affected by this myself), that looks at Angels as secretly being evil and even God, that people have been tricked.

It certainly makes for a compelling story, and as someone pointed out to me, a lot of LHP folk seem to have gone through a lot of suffering before joining the LHP. So it makes sense that there is this atmosphere of distrust that has become fairly popular in occult circles.

As for the Demiurge being evil, almost all the times I’ve heard that word “Demiurge” online in popular forums, it has been used to refer to a being who is evil and has tricked people. However, that is not the original context of the word. The word is Greek, and in Platonism, the Demiurgos is highly benevolent, in fact, he is perfect, just like all the other Gods, and has given life to all the other Gods, and in Greek Platonism he is identified with Zeus. Celestially, the Sun also points towards the Demiurge.

So, the Demiurge is not always considered evil but it seems a popular idea that the Demiurge is evil in occult circles. But that is certainly not the only view. Although I find it interesting that some think Metatron is the Demiurge. Wouldn’t Jesus be the Demiurge? He is considered to be the Logos. At least, in Christian circles.

10 Likes

I would say, in Christian Gnosticism (is there such a thing?) that Christ may or may not be the Demiurge – although the semantics of argument kind of escape me at the moment.

I suppose because I consider the influence of the Demiurge to be non-personified (despite describing Metatron as a potential Demiurge – although that is not really how I see him), the Demiurge being more similar to the Source than to a personified entity. And I consider Christ to be a state of mind rather than an external entity (and surely various other arguments abound from that statement alone).

Then again… consider Genesis:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Word or Logos, as you said… putting that aside for a moment –

Compare to John 14 (which I consider to be, personally, one of the most profound sections of the Bible, and most definitely my favourite) quoting Christ:

“[To] He who believes in Me, [and] the works that I do, He will do also; and greater works than these He will do, because I go to my Father. And whatever you ask in My name, […] I will do, [so] that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”

Then compare it to more “traditional” Gnosticism, where the first emanation of God is Ennoea (“thought, intent” – arguably could be referring to Christ, and the God-spark within all humans – potentially further able to be argued as a possible crossover with Logos), Charis (“grace”), or Sige (“silence”). The supposed first emanation bearing one of those names is a being or phenomenon who is the closest I’ve ever felt to a true non-personified, benevolently-leaning (or should I say “accommodating”?) neutral, but all-encompassing force. While I can’t say I’ve run the entire gamut of comparisons, I’ve called on Kairos as a force (as opposed to Kairos/Caerus as an entity) and… well, everything, everything, significantly pales in comparison to the Firstborn.

Actually, now that I think about it, the three names bear a similarity to the triplicate Christian god:

Christ: Thought/intent
The Father (the Source): Silence
The Holy Spirit: Grace

(Or perhaps flip the latter two around… which I think, actually, is more accurate, so I’ve edited it to reflect :sunglasses: )

Tfw most people accidentally lead on-topic threads off-topic, and I’m here leading an off-topic thread on-topic with my rambling >_>

8 Likes

@Veil

Don’t know.if it’s any good, but thought of you yesterday, Peacock Queen, while looking for my next venture

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Seller doesn’t ship paperback copies to where I live, but I’m 100% buying this on Kindle

Thank you norseman :two_hearts:

Edit: aaand just bought it :relieved:

Edit 2: I’m on page 10 and the author has already mentioned Yezidism in India and also that Yezidism could be related to/a descendant of Mithraism. I love my life and I feel validated in my rabbit-hole insanity trying to link Yezidism and pavolatry/peacock worship and the Mithraic cult.

6 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Conversations on the Demiurge

Agreed, and keep the atmosphere professional and dedicated like it has been😌

5 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: About gods and demiurgos

Ahh, very good point there! I believe that is how it started for me as well.

I seem to have forgotten about that as part of the root of it, interestingly.

But it’s important to note that the idea of the Omnipotent God is not at all unique to Judaism or Christianity. It is something seen by most cultures. From the ancient Greeks, and the Persian Zoroastrians, to the West Africans, as well as the Ancient Chinese, and so on. Certainly, just about every culture has a Supreme God.

And the idea of ‘The One’ is near universal as well.

It still feels strange for me to say “God”, so the past experience clouds it. However, I personally don’t think the general Protestant view of God is accurate.

5 Likes

Ugh, can anyone help me. Im trying to set my shipping for an item on etsy but it keeps saying the zip code is invalid but theres not even place where it asks for a zip code…

:rage:

2 Likes

Well, apparently I can put that its shipping from canada and it works just fine…

Except Im not in Canada :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Have you tried rebooting the entire Internet and starting all over?

4 Likes

Im doing it on my phone. But Ive restarted it.

3 Likes

Well, my Internet is still up, so I don’t think the entire Internet was rebooted.

3 Likes

tmw googling the Sephiroth shows you endless pages of Final Fantasy…

7 Likes

Thaaat makes sense😂

2 Likes

I so hate that, it makes research a bitch I hate wikifan pages too

2 Likes

-site:fandom.com (and similar) usually ends up in my search bar after things like that.

4 Likes

similar to how “-pinterest.com” ends up in every single one of my searches :unamused:

4 Likes

Pinterest is the big tease that never delivers, but promises to.

4 Likes