The Heavenly Bride and spirit marriage

In my studies I’ve come across what’s known as the Heavenly Bride and Bridegroom

The spirit is described in the works of Ida Craddock as a spirit that marries a human…whether it be an angelic spirit, elemental, fairy, or even soul mate that’s elevated while you still need to reincarnate on earth.

The subject of spirit marriage also exists in many cultures, the Catholic church’s idea of a priest or hun being married to Jesus or the ancient virgin priestesses of old.

The subject also pops up in Dion Fortunes book the Secrets of Dr Taverner.

A more recent work on the subject is Spirit Marriage by Sr Megan Rose Ph.d

5 Likes

I’ve noticed that’s fairly common in the spirit world particularly with demonic spirits.

5 Likes

In some esoteric writings, Spirit (the Father) penetrates/possesses Matter (the Mother) to produce various species including human (the Son)

The proposition seems relevant at all scales

4 Likes

Pretty common in the Occult, but not always talked about, due to misunderstandings and Larpers. Some people even get jealous of others that also claim to be wed to the same entity. I mean, there are only so many big name entities, so there’s bound to be overlap. More like a many-to-many than a one-to-one.

There are places in China where a person can legally marry a dead.person, with constraints, due to cultural issues with people being unwed.

7 Likes

It’s an old practice imo, people have been doing it for centuries I think…

7 Likes

True, I think it’s a pretty serious experience, the spirit wife or husband can and will influence their partner. Defiantly not for people who aren’t serious.

3 Likes

I am writing about this because some here seem to want a partner, this could be good alternative.

A method I discovered…is take a celebrity or someone you find attractive and then put it on your Heavenly Bride or Bride Groom, does that mean they’ll take on their personalities? Yes and no.

The above method is for those who are bad at meditation, Astral projecting, etc…it gives you something to see.

If you decide to take a Heavenly Spouse, make a detailed contract, meaning can you as a human date anyone else? What are term of divorce, can there be more then one bride, etc.

Treat the spirit with respect…they can leave you or take revenge.

2 Likes

I would disagree with this, for serious relationships as a whole, with spirits of significance. It is not a replacement for a partner in the living flesh. And, unless the relationship is parasitic, it will/should incur MORE responsibility on the holder, if this is something like an Angel or Goetic or similar. Unless the person isn’t terribly developed to begin with, in which case they should expect this.

3 Likes

I am inclined to agree with @norse900 on this, as we have seen on another forum how ill this can affect a lot of people.

4 Likes

It’s really up to the individual, it’s likely not the best course of action, but some do dedicate themselves to spirit marriage…including Monks etc

1 Like

You are correct, this isn’t for everyone. I’d only get into it if someone had a few years of experience under their belts dealing with spirits and knowing how to deal with it.

1 Like

I’ve had them, had them dissolve because they weren’t needed anymore, etc…

In my experience, there are 3 main types that are productive, none of which are fairy tale romances. One is a partnership, an agreement, between two spirits to support and develop the other. The second is an alliance, similar to the first, but it’s a bit more business-oriented, business partners, if you will. The third is a genuine relationship, within the knowledge that there are very real limits to it, that it shouldn’t be exclusive, and should support the betterment of both. It seems like a variation of the first, but there’s more of a bond involved and should still support the goals of both.

I’ve had all 3 and some of them are temporary. Sometimes, it’s easier to do work on the other’s behalf with that “status”.

Never said it wasn’t. But if you’re going to bind yourself to someone, it should be worth it and not some hormonal/emotional “needs” that opens one up to predators more readily. Just saying there should be forethought, logic, and a partner doing the same.

5 Likes

Sorry about so many different replies, I’m not use to the edit function yet.

The relationship should be of mutual benefit, often times the spirit will reveal certain secrets to the human host. The spirit may actually be looking to…be elevated?

3 Likes

I have to say that I agree with a lot of people here, spirit marriages are a rather serious affair. People need to treat this and understand that this is a contract. A business contract. Now even though there spiritual divorce, it’s still a contract. Also, this could be for your one life or it could be permanent. And yes, having multiple spouses for and the spirit is normal. I don’t understand why people would fight each other over this? :woman_shrugging:
Now just because it’s contract doesn’t mean that they won’t care or look out for you, they can be quite passionate and protective of you. Sometimes a lot. All in all be careful who you choose as a spirit spouse because they can be intense. :blush:

3 Likes

Lol, very intense

2 Likes

Again, you are correct. In some cases the marriage is…well, forever and not to be entered into lightly. Even if there’s a divorce clause, the spirit will fight to stay.

2 Likes

No worries. I still learn things, too, and I’ve used it for a bit.

Absolutely. Sometimes, it isn’t apparent. I had a Goddess ask for it simply to make it easier to make changes on my behalf (that fit within the agreement). Once those were made, it was dissolved at their request. Still welcome in my space and to my offerings for “those I work with”.

Yet, I am “married” to a human spirit that died by their own hand. In this case, with the help of Goddesses I work with, there is a different dynamic, where I am helping them. I am helping this spirit and she is on the verge of giving back. Earlier today, she asked to help. She remains to help her living children. I support and will cast for this (and have). Gets murky, yes?

But none of them are parasitic - the real worry here. Since this thread is public, forgive me if I’ve been a bit declarative. I’ve had wonderful, frequently trying, but transformative relationships.

We don’t want larpers here. The rest of the internet is for them.

3 Likes

I am enjoying the back and forth. I also think some info is a bit dangerous.

The relationship im in isnt parasitic but the spirits will let you know if they want something especially sex. Sudden surges of kundalini energy or urges, thoughts. Apparently to them sex is more then just sex, its creative energy and a mixing of self. You do get influenced by them mentally.

I guess im sharing my experirnce to see if im nuts or not.

3 Likes

There should always be a sort of understanding between both.

My “rules” for those I invite in (relationship or not, usually not) aren’t much different. You will not interfere with my family. You will not interfere with my pets. You will try to get along with the other spirits here.

Pretty simple. Because I am in charge of my space, it works. There have been conflicts, but this is MY space. I seek balance in it. For the most part, these issue occur outside of my living space, because of this. My yard and ritual area are outside of the “family” spaces, so keep that in mind.

3 Likes

I don’t think your nuts, my relationship with them is the same. :joy:
Just be sure to set ground rules/boundaries with them. For me at least the spirits have respected all of them. When a boundary needs to be altered that’s when it’s up for discussion.

3 Likes