Spirits which require compelling?

Spirits which require compelling?

Duchess Bune has a reputation for being beginner-friendly and congenial; Asmodeus has a reputation for responding to being compelled with hostility. In your experience which spirits enjoy, prefer, or require a “firmer hand”?

8 Likes

I haven’t worked much with the Goetic Demons, but have worked a fair amount with Gods, Angels, and Astrological Spirits, and I’ve never had to compel any one of them.

I wouldn’t want to make any enemies either, so compelling is not part of my personal practice but seems to be popular in some practiced or traditions of magick.

7 Likes

I work with Andras frequently, and I feel like I always have to turn into a bitch when working with him. I don’t mean that in a disrespectful way, I mean I have to be firm, assertive and aggressive with him in order for him to take me seriously.

He’s not beginner friendly at all and will probably take advantage of anyone not willing to stand their ground when working with him. His energy is a lot to handle.

10 Likes

In my workings with Asmodai, I’ve never felt the need to compel or command him, he’s always been perfectly reasonable. Now that I think on it, I can’t say I’ve ever really felt the need to command any spirit… Bargain with them, though, certainly. I think the only ones I’ve had to become stern with are maybe Agares, Tūmatauenga, and a little bit with Czernobog, but it’s very likely I’m forgetting a lot of encounters.

As my practice went on, I became more a lot more firm and confident in directing them. In recent memory, Hephaestus is the only one who’s given me pushback, and it wasn’t me who compelled him, but Hermes on my behalf. :grimacing:

9 Likes

I’ve certainly compelled many times, but not as a routine practice with any singular spirit. Usually involves a spirit being unruly, typically tied to a lesson to learn because of this.

For example, Asmodeus came and literally acted out from the first time I met him, which was with a group of spirits I was told to call. Others had to restrain him until I could more properly fight back. I had only been evoking for a few months at that point. Eventually, he stopped acting up in my space because I had learned to fight back and compell. And that was what he wanted me to learn. No trace of this in any callings since and I wouldn’t hesitate to work with him. I needed the lesson(s) and he gave me the push to learn them.

7 Likes

Azazel came to me in dream once and insisted I compel him while he resisted. It wasn’t hostile, but he was difficult and cunning. I appreciated it as I had never worked with him in any context before. I think Hekate pushed him to do it.

He showed up as William Dafoe (da-foe, “the enemy”) :joy:

5 Likes

I completely agree on your take on dealing with Andras, you’re spot on. My experience corroborates that 100%

5 Likes

Yup that sounds like Asmoday. To a tee. Isn’t it interesting that what we frequently view as existential crisises are actually remarkable learning experiences if we handle them properly… When people ask me about the tough love and the brutal style of king Belial or Azazel I tell them, yes it’s awful, yes it’s hell, yes it borders on psychotic torture at times…but, if the spirit saw nothing valuable in you to help you take ownership of, then he wouldn’t fuck with you at all. He just wouldn’t give a shit about you or waste time with you.

Asmoday really is something else :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Good topic!

3 Likes

Chimejes? I’ve heard or read elsewhere that he is difficult to banish.

1 Like

Some think cimijes is a djinn, djinn dont operate by the same rules as most other spirits especially for banishing purposes. They require special methods to be rid of.

I personally think cimijes is a fallen elemental.

Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

:man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

That makes perfect sense.

1 Like

No, Cimeries does not require compulsion to do anything ime, though that could be different for others. He is an underrated spirit, helpful, quick, and strong. He isn’t combative by any means

4 Likes

Thank you for the correction. Id read otherwise elsewhere.

2 Likes

All good.

He is best summoned with a system though (or into a triangle, etc) I have found.

3 Likes

I agree with that

1 Like

Has anyone else had any behavioral problems or issues with andrealphus, agares, valac, Haures or decarabia?

I did the 72 project so I met them all at least once. Some showed up with really fucked up attitudes. I know of at least one other magician who had problems with haures, 2 others that problems with Agares ( until non solomonic methods were used to evoke).

We all know Asmodeus can be unpredictable and dangerous, obviously Andras and Glaysa Labolas can be dangerous also.

I’d like to begin building some consensus and UPG that becomes collective SPG with this.

4 Likes

Didn’t do what I asked, the first time I called. But I think that’s fairly standard; I didn’t get any blow back, etc.

I called them up as a newbie without resolve; not only did they not do what I asked, they pinned me down in sleep paralysis in the form of a spiky purple monster demon thing and growled in my face instead. They didn’t attack though, and I haven’t had any problems since.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s completely normal I’m finding

With regards to Glaysa Labolas, it’s a good thing you weren’t hurt. She can really really treacherous and viscous.

Sleep paralysis does suck though.

3 Likes

I’ve called on GL a few times since- with petitions, lol. I’ve gotten results without the “drama”.

3 Likes