SpideršŸ•· Weaving šŸ•ø

Good idea! But yeah it makes no sense. Considering her writing is typo littered and plain ugly from a literary and grammar standpoint, it makes no sense. Although it does seem a bit fun to be a cult focused on a specific poet (yes, he was more than that).

Definitely what she sounds like. Nothing to learn and everything to teach.

This was super helpful! Her line makes sense but Iā€™m only the more frustrated by it. Why do people think everyone wants their nasty rendition of self-importance filled ā€œlove?ā€

6 Likes

It be like that sometimes šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ She might associate lovr with something you do not. For a long time I used to associate love with abandonment and negligence, so I ran away from it or looked for it in the wrong places. It took me a long time to understand what it truly is. It might not be the case for the OP, so she says that to everyone. Her faith in whatever she believes is strong, be it true or false. Thatā€™s why sheā€™s confident to spread it everywhere imo.

4 Likes

Perhaps sheā€™s just an extremely lost and confused geologist :joy:

Either way I would let her know ā€˜It sounds as if thyself is communicating through ones assholeā€™ lmao

5 Likes

I actually considered this. It was the only thing that could make sense other than her being in a cult with that title or trying to make working with Goetic spirits sound cool.

5 Likes

I would definitely practice new baneful techniques if Iā€™d encountered this one. Real teaches and guides donā€™t act like that.

Itā€™s a dance at first to see who knows what, when itā€™s clear who knows more that person then has the option of imparting some knowledge.

This down from mouth to ear, traditionally that is the translation for Kabalah btw ā€œlight transmitted from mouth to earā€.

Real guides and teachers donā€™t belittle their students either. A real teacher tries to empower his students to become their best self while still respecting the path of growth they have chosen for themselves.

This person ā€œI know my own, I know my ownā€¦ā€ Donā€™t even waste much time with her, itā€™s really clear sheā€™s not one of us.

6 Likes

I canā€™t stand people like this. All the powerful magicians I know or know of who live good lives donā€™t act like this. To me, this kind of behavior shows insecurity and a will to dominate with it. It is not about wisdom, it is not about knowledge, just a display.

Very true. Harming and injuring is ultimately counter-productive. When a horse is injured, their greatest good is injured, they are no long able to run and become restrained, when a dog is injured, their greatest good is harmed, they cannot protect, their companionship is hindered, and when we are harmed, our greatest good is harmed as well, as Plato speaks on in his The Republic. Schools used to be physically and mentally crushing, but no longer employ these methods as it has been officially recognized how harmful this really is and how counter-productive this is. For any teacher to belittle and demean their students only injures them.

8 Likes

Alot of people learn alot of ways, some like lecture, some like examples and being shown.a good teacher quickly finds out how his students most enjoy learning and what makes them engage. Thatā€™s the right way.

Now when youā€™re dealing with 3-4 students thatā€™s ok, more than that like 20-40 then you have to teach to the median ability level of the class to make your biggest impact.

5 Likes

How A Spider Offers Another

Notes:
  • Please go ahead and replace ā€œSpider/sā€ with another noun if it suits your convenience.
  • Please also recognize that I am NOT advocating for the offering of 8-legged and many-eyed creatures and strongly condemn harming them.

Opening Context

I think most people would agree that spiders can be viscous and violent. They can take from others for their own personal gain, stalk their prey, pounce quickly when need be, and spend oh so much time wrapping up their sacrifices and destroying them. Itā€™s hard to imagine a world where such spiders do not exist; they are everywhere.

In such a world, spidersā€™ prey and captured creatures might also constitute as an offeringā€”a live one at the time of offering. Like a male spider that wanders into the web of a female alive, is used for a purpose, and then often consumed. These male spiders offer themselves to another and, as such, they should not be surprised when the female accepts the offering of her stalker, her watcher, her admirer; and takes action.

Rituals & Offerings of Live Spiders

One spider might have a need for a strong offering in a ritual that is more demanding than their normal ask of a spirit and be considering suitable offerings for a little while. Then another spider wanders along into her web, perhaps already having escaped unscathed a few times. This spider, male and practically waiting to be used, has just become the perfect candidate for offering.

However, it is alive and the female spider is unwilling to drain itā€™s poison-turned-liquid-organs through two fang marks because to do so would be to take the offering herself instead of giving it to the spirit sheā€™s asked for, for example, help with web and spider sac maintenance. So the spider is happy to have a suitable offering, but does not take (final) steps herself (i.e. a live offering).

Other than giving a name of this creeping male spider, a birthday/year, and his image to the god; what else should be done? Perhaps a poppet should be made & appropriately dressed? Perhaps a candle should be lit and burned until it resembles or becomes the offeringā€™s soul & bones? Perhaps the spirit should simply be given this other male spiderā€™s address on a burned paper? There are many ways to go about anchoring the offering of a (live) life into the physical world.

For this perchedā€“in waiting for the next prey to stumble inā€“spider, choosing 2-3 of the above seems good. Being thorough and dedicated in the dressing of links and the anchoring of the live offeringā€™s being into them is most important. When the candle burns out, when the poppet (be it paper, plant, or cloth) is burned, when the name is no longer stalking the web and when the spiderā€™s wish is complete, then the offering is offered in itā€™s completeness.

Of course, in ritual, it would be prudent to call forth the spirit for whom the offering is meant and offer it directly. No spiders should just let a spirit assume that something is meant for them, after all.

Closing Thoughts

While some spirits may be able to simply (depending on certain things) take whatever spider they might want, an offering is a personal touch.

• It says, Through me this becomes yours.
  • It can say too, Sacrifice is not always about another spiderā€™s life or death or even state of being, but also about what (part) of myself I give to you and create for you in this offering.

Through offerings like this, the female spider crawls along on her path. She recognizes that not all who wander into her web are worth keeping for herself and some make excellent and exceedingly convenient offerings to high tier spirits with whom she wishes to make trades, deals, requests, and relationships.

Spider lives might all have value, but that does not mean that their actions need be met with inconsequence. Not all need be warned of overstepping, of crossing boundaries, of intentions. Not all need be left alone when they provoke ā€œtheir kindā€ without restraint. Not all need be spared.

Belial, enjoy. Iā€™m looking forward to this work.

10 Likes

It has been a week. (Like holy fuck this week has been off the rocker.)

One human is ā€˜missingā€™ (itā€™s an adult), another human is in jail, and a third human needs to be in jail or something a little extra. The missing human hopefully is still alive and safe. The child (not technically a minor) in jail hopefully hasnā€™t had any scary run ins (yet). And that other human Iā€™m planning on fucking hunting down and torturing to the full capacity my demon friends are able to.

Hopefully a spirit (Andromalius maybe, maybe Iā€™ll get in touch with another type of spirit on this though) can track the missing human. Iā€™m really fucking pissed that Iā€™m going to have to ask someone to keep him safe because Iā€™m angry at him for so many reasons itā€™s hard to even start listing them let alone finish. But I care about people who care about him, and in another life I cared about him too.

The childā€¦Belial. Itā€™s always helpful to have connections, but apparently there are ā€œlimitsā€ on whatā€™s allowed which I think is bullshit. A good thing the spirits donā€™t usually give a fuck about human laws or regulations. So Iā€™m hoping that that ends quickly. Itā€™s such a clusterfuck situation and the child wonā€™tā€“from what Iā€™ve gleanedā€“tell what happened.

And finally someone has a price to be paid. And it might be a person that I donā€™t really want to torture, which is fine, so in that case itā€™ll just bump to the next guilty party. I wish I had a damn name. Hopefully one turns up soon, although maybe Iā€™ll just issue a blanket ā€œwhoever did itā€ and then Dantalion or another can ā€œkeepā€ them as a favor to me.

Thatā€™s the unusual drama of the week! I finally have some of the details sorted though and can begin on the rites. First, the kid in jail, then the ā€˜missingā€™ adult (Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s alive and Iā€™m pretty sure I know what area of the planet heā€™s at). And whenever my anger spikes and I have a small detail of who this is, Iā€™ll handle the rest. After all, retribution can wait sometimes. Iā€™ll let it simmer for a bit.

10 Likes

Belial & Freedom

For the first night of the Harvest Moon, I called on King Belial to help with a situation heā€™s already been helping me with. This is the situation with the kid who is having an imprisonment issue. I got news yesterday that there are serious discussions about something much more lenient where heā€™d be allowed to stay at the house and not in a jail cell.

Ritual went really well and King Belial surprised me with his courteousness and non-taunting tones. The last time we met, he seemed pretty intent on getting reactions out of me, didnā€™t show me himself besides an intense darkness, and spoke so loudly it took me a moment to adjust.

Last night, he appeared absolutely beautiful. I was amazed at the beauty and regal nature he came with. He appeared before me as I called him with my eyes shut and appeared again in the mirror(s) (I have mirrors that face each other). There were 2-3 sounds of movement, or things touching that I cannot explain. His tone was much kinder than last time, much more respectful I felt although that might not be objectively true. He touched me a few times too which I wasnā€™t expecting. It was a pretty dark and overpowered feeling he brought, but felt tamed for our meeting.

He agreed easily to help me with the situation and had and Iā€™m very grateful. Iā€™ve given some words already on an offering, the rest is between he & I.

Anyways, Belial is pretty fucking awesome.

ā€œWhite Snakeā€ by Zeilyan.

12 Likes

Being on the Other Side of Magick

Once upon a time, I was really close with a certain human. At the very beginningā€“as happens in most of my longer lasting personal relationships with peopleā€“I mentioned practicing magick. He was totally fine with it. Absolutely fine with it. Until, abruptly: ā€˜Magick is evil, the devil is evil, my gods are mean, and Iā€™m mean for practicing magick.ā€™ I walked away from magick for about a month.

Recently, Iā€™ve been in communication with this human again. This human thinks his ā€œGodā€ is the best thing ever. And honestly, Iā€™m not sure what he does but itā€™s like he does magick with YHWH. He asks for things, and puts energy toward them, and they fucking happen. Itā€™s like what I do, but with that god. So we would clash sometimes, but we settled that I handle things with my gods and he handles things with his.

Hereā€™s the part I wanted to get though. He got into a situation and told me to keep my ā€œfriendsā€ (I offered to send him a ā€œdemonā€) away. He likes his god and his god is the best and theyā€™re friends and blah, blah blah. Iā€™m over it because Iā€™m not sure what he does but itā€™s a close thing to what I call practicing magick. I let him go off and agree to keep my ā€œdemonsā€ away.

It came up that his god had recently given him something he wanted. Me & My Attention. Heā€™d been planning something for a while and heā€™d been asking his god for a while for ā€œmeā€ when it came time for the thing. This is a human I hadnā€™t spoken to in about half a year. I reached out because a mutual contact was worried and he and I used to be close.

Itā€™s pretty unnerving to be on the other side of someoneā€™s craft. To be the one drawn into things and not the one weaving things into being.

This isnā€™t, Iā€™ve realized, even the first time with this human. There is something else which can also be traced to magick, to a woman of magick background/descent. Iā€™m not going into details on what heā€™s told me of his encounters with her or the words they shared about me, but there were quite a few.

Whatā€™s interesting is about two months before I was reacquainted with this human (Iā€™d known him a while and then he disappeared for some years and then he popped back up and then after three years we stopped talking for a while), I started having visions of him. I donā€™t mean Iā€™d be thinking of him and see him. I mean, Iā€™d be in the parking lot talking with my dad in the car and Iā€™d suddenly not be able to see or hear anything around me, Iā€™d be in a black room with a (this) human and heā€™d wrap an arm over my midsection and one over my eyes. A few moments would go by and the vision would clear.

Iā€™m not sure if that was an affect of whatever his & this womanā€™s ā€œ(not-)magickā€ were, or the magick itself now. But Iā€™ve realized, someone was playing dirty. I had that same vision multiple times a week for about two months, they stopped when I met up with him again.

I recognized that it was him when I was having them. Heā€™s a person Iā€™d been close to before he disappeared. Iā€™d know that energy anywhere. I thought maybe I was missing him? I thought maybe he was missing me? I thought maybe it was a fun premonition and Iā€™d see him soon. I did not consider it was magick done by another party or related to it.

Hindsight really does reveal so much. The ā€œvisionsā€ (probably a warning actually, and not a fun divination party trick) were about 4 years ago. The conversation where he told me his god had given him what he wantedā€“me, basicallyā€“was last week.

I think itā€™s cool I was alerted to the magick going on, Iā€™m annoyed I took it as something pretty and good when Iā€™m not sure it was. Oh the way that feelings and wishes cloud senses and reason. Who knows? Maybe it wasnā€™t magick but just things settling into place, but knowing he was talking about me with that woman, I canā€™t imagine magick had no role. And the other part on me reaching out, whatever. Itā€™s just weird and creepy to know you are the manifestation.

So I just wanted to post on being on the other side of magick that isnā€™t inherently baneful. And throw in some ā€˜not all magick is LHPā€™. Iā€™ve been on the otherside of baneful too, 'twas scary and do not recommend.

Edits:

First I changed around a sentence.

Second, I want to note that Iā€™m on semi-friendly terms with this person currently and respect (most of) his views if not his actions.

11 Likes

As magicians we often think or fancy that weā€™ll do, but never be done to. I can tell you from my experience recently of the shoe being on the other foot, that it was not entirely cool to be caught in someone elseā€™s dream, vision or manifestation. Just thinking out loud. Not really sure if I had a point. :laughing:

8 Likes

Itā€™s such a weird experience. Especially because it raises the idea that weā€™re doing something wrong or not enough to keep others out of our affairs.

4 years ago, I did not have the type of wards I have now. Nothing close. But last week when I was pretty much the manifestation of this personā€™s request to their god, I know I have wards that function. And Iā€™m left wondering if my choice was mine to make when I reached out, my choice was influenced to align with another personā€™s desires, or if the outcome was just something inevitable.

I remember the moment my ideas changed on ā€œbeing done to.ā€ It was during a big group working when something very real that looked concrete and yet must have been astral showed up to threaten me while I was in the passenger seat of a car. I had just never deeply considered anything might want to get at me with magick. Even now, Iā€™m not really sure how this most recent incident happened and the other human doesnā€™t partake enough in the craft to be helpful in answering my question, would just say his god grants his requests (fuck knows why).

7 Likes

Lilith, Horror Imagery, and Fear

So Iā€™ll open with a note on mirrors and horror movies: Iā€™m scared of them both. Mirrors for a few reasons that are mostly related to my childhood and horror movies for a very similar reason, but also because they just give me dreams Iā€™d rather not have. When I was little, I went on a few of those ā€œghost tourā€ things where mirrors were always featured and I saw some movies/tv shows where they were also featured in ways I didnā€™t appreciate. I also saw some choice horror and ā€œhauntingsā€ movies. Letā€™s just say there were adults in the house that really liked these things and I was a young, impressionable child who had a foot in the demon drawer (which means I was already seeing and hearing things).

As a result, I donā€™t like mirrors and I donā€™t like horror movies. They scare me. They (negatively until recently in the case of mirrors) affect my magick practice. They make me have nightmares. They leave me feeling like things are unpredictable and might become dangerous or too much of something else. I donā€™t like them.

Belial has been challenging my relationship with mirrors for a few months. Furcalor, Dantalion, and others have been very kind and supportive of this. After one mirror incident with Furcalor, heā€™s been actually very kind about them. Belial has been toeing the line, and Dantalion has been incredibly respectful of my dislike for them. But none of this addresses horror movies and/or imagery.

Lilith took it upon herself to address that last night though. It was actually the first time Iā€™ve formally met her, so now Iā€™ve joined that club! I didnā€™t even really ask her to show herself, she just chose to. It was not the pretty, slutty, overpowering, big tits, dark goth goddess with flowing majestic hair, sex aura Iā€™ve read about. It was like someone screencapped a demon-ghost lady from a horror movie and then shoved it as close to my eyes as possible while allowing me to have some semblance of understanding as to what I was seeing.

It scared me. Iā€™m not fucking used to that. I donā€™t watch horror movies for fear they will interfere with how I see spirits. I havenā€™t seen any scary horror images in a long time. Especially not like this. (The last time I saw something that was on par was when Furcalor played a trick in a mirror.)

So, I was scared. It was like a jump scare more than anything. Itā€™s not like Iā€™m afraid of a spirit I called and invited. Just the momentary response to visual stimulus. She lectured meā€¦

The Conversation We Had About It

She blatantly chastised and lectured me about my ā€œfear.ā€

She told me I should not be scared of my craft, of my magick, of the spirits I work with and invite.

I tried to reason that it wasnā€™t real fear, it just freaked me out for a moment, itā€™s not scary, I just donā€™t want to walk into bed and have nightmares over it.

She completely went off on me, saying that ā€œnightmaresā€ (and more) are the cost of working with magick and the least of my concerns. She said that if Iā€™m not ready to handle my magick and the spirts, then I should not be touching these things.

I had to agree. She made some very good points. Sheā€™s right. Ultimately, itā€™s my responsibility to handle my practice well and with respect. The point was not the scary fucking face she pulled out for fun to fuck with me, the point is that Iā€™m running away and trying to make it seem rational, reasonable, and okay. Itā€™s not.

Soā€¦

If Iā€™m going to be in this world, touching everything I can get my hands on and stepping all over everything thatā€™s laid outā€¦then I need to understand I give up certain ā€œrightsā€ and have to give into certain ā€œcosts.ā€ I give up the right to be annoyed about bad dreams, and I give into the cost that they might just pop up as a result of what Iā€™m doing.

The reason Iā€™m harping on the dream example is really specific and Iā€™m not getting into it on this post. It doesnā€™t have much at all to do with horror movies anymore, however. Although thatā€™s a nice excuse and they do impact my magick (visions mostly) for a couple nights.

12 Likes

I wasnā€™t scared of mirrors as a kid but I used to be fascinated by them when I was little I always thought there was another world another (alternate) reality just behind the glass including another kid who looked like me but wasnā€™t. No idea where I got that idea probably a movie or tv show I watched when I wasnā€™t supposed to.

Whatever the case, when I was little, I thought there was another world just beyond the mirrors glass. Important to note I had never read or head through the looking glass at that point in my life (actually still havenā€™t read it though I did read Alice in wonderland).

Now however, itā€™s a bit less fascinating when you know that sometimes theres more than just another world just like ours beyond the mirror glass.

Iā€™m not scared yet, hopefully never will be (and wonā€™t be afraid either far as I can tell unless I fuck up bad and have some kind of experience with an outright malevolent whatever kind of entity involving a mirror sometime) but at times itā€™s a bit intimidating to know thereā€™s not necessarily just good things beyond the glass.

Itā€™s a bit surprising to me that not everyone was fascinated by the behind the glass of mirrors as a kid. I thought everyone went through that age/stage w/e it was when I was fascinated by it.

5 Likes

You know I was told, and Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s true but I think thereā€™s something to it. That mirrors, water, reflective surfaces are portals to the Spirit world.

I cover my black mirror and crystal ball when not in use with a handkerchief.

I donā€™t want open doors in my temple.

6 Likes

@DarkGodofQlippa Iā€™ve heard that too. It could be. After all, we can scry to the other side through them (not sure scry was the right term but anyhow since we can use it to see the other side itā€™s definitely quite possible).

Add: I never thought of covering mine when not in use. Thatā€™s a good tip. Thanks.

3 Likes

Crystal balls are fire hazards. So thereā€™s that too.

4 Likes

Wards are best thought of as walls or domes. They work well for that, but, we leave them all the time. We typically donā€™t stay in them when we travel in our sleep, either, as thus would inhibit growth in that area. This means there are typically several opportunities a day (or a week) to get tagged by something.

7 Likes

Dk told me thatā€™s why old school magic instructions tell you to make a windowless temple.

I had bad experiences seeing stuff in mirrors as a kid, and itā€™s taken until about two years ago to get mostly over it.

We have mirrors on our bedroom wall, but Iā€™ve drawn sigils and stuff around them, Iā€™ve even had where I refused to place the tv where I might accidentally see it when I roll over- because of the same thing. Black screen and all.

Itā€™s honestly why Iā€™ve never had a scrying mirror or bowl until recently and I just pulled them out of the draw last night so I can hopefully finish them up this weekā€¦

I still wonā€™t watch horror for the same reason- I wonā€™t usually have nightmares without a trigger now- so I avoid the triggers.

5 Likes