[SOCIAL] What are you listening to?

The Valley of the Long Lost Women by John Cooper-Clarke
Disguise In Love 1978 (This Guy’s In Love)
I was only fifteen years old when I got into this and perhaps that explains a few things. Listen to the words!

Al.

Last one I promise
This Mongolian band

To me, an older geezer, these two pieces sound like industrial noise - the machines are going and someone’s trapped in one of these and dying.
What happened to Scott Joplin, the Beatles, The Monkees, Roxy Music, Bryan Ferry, Kraftwork, Kate Bush, Sinatra, The Art of Noise and a host of others?

Al.

No comment!

Al.

The Maple Leaf Rag composed and here played by Scott Joplin (on a pianola recording).

This rag was just so important in changing the piano and music.

Al.

Without Me by Eminem (Ragtime remix) to The Black & White Rag by Winifred Atwell. This is classic and touches places.

Al.

1 Like

Lol such glorious noise.
Also

Sister,

That was really good. Now I’ve got it in my head too. Thanks.

Al.

1 Like

The Monkees 2017 extended trumpet version of their fantastic song: I’ll Be Back Up On My Feet. The Monkees have one of the very best songbooks of the 1960s.

Al.

1979! Godley & Creme

https://www.google.com/search?q=Godley+%26+Creme+-+An+Englishman+In+New+York+lyrics&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU854AU854&oq=Godley+%26+Creme+-+An+Englishman+In+New+York+lyrics&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCAgCEAAYFhgeMgoIAxAAGIAEGKIE0gEIMzU1MWowajeoAgiwAgE&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Al.

Gladiolus Rag 1907 by Scott Joplin

Al.

Let’s Stick Together (1988 extended remix); Bryan Ferry:

Originally released in 1975 on the Let’s Stick Together album.

Al.

Hay una grieta en mi corazón, un planeta con desilusión…

1 Like

THE MAGIC IS ALIVE!!!

I’m not the dream if all my ancestors.
I’m the nightmare at the end of their line!
I got sick of playing Mr. Nice Guy and became a (why-don’t-you-go-penetrate-yourself?) Magician - still striving for Godhood.

Al.

1 Like