[SOCIAL] [LITERATURE] What are you reading for fun

I usually go by what my other favoured authors recommend. Or check subreddits like /r/fantasy or a related scifi one (haven’t checked but surely there is one) and see if the users have recommendations.

On-topic, I finished Tombs of Atuan (@UncleAl :eyes: which I found a bit hard to get into but enjoyed, although I find the stories quite short for my taste).

I recently finished Everworld by K. A. Applegate and now I’m about to start Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman. I’ll return to Earthsea at a later date.

2 Likes

Similar problem except in my case it’s only a specific genre of books specifically gardening books. It became almost impossible to find a book that had new information on garden plants they were all giving the same old same old info. There are a few em exceptions but they’re expensive and not easy to get books like crassulean acid metalbolism and also C4 photosynthesis (in other words I ran out of everything except university and post gradd scientific published studies when it comes to gardening books they’re all that’s left that has new stuff in it to learn…

So… time for a new genre to read until it’s been used up. :thinking:Probably… magick books.

Do we have a thread on magick grimoire book recommendations for various pantheons yet or just the reading for fun and continuing education threads?

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland isn’t a children’s book. After the Bible and Shakespeare it’s the most quoted material in the English language. There’s a lot of mathematical material/jokes I don’t understand.

3 Likes