Rituals, Musings, and Misc

Spirit Skull Housing Ritual

I did this ritual in my Gospel of Ghouls thread (Lounge), but wanted to reproduce it here. The purpose was to give a simplistic ritual to allow for obtaining a spirit from a Deity or similar and not need energetic skills to get it done. This is one of many ways and could/should be adapted as needed to fit your practice.

Materials used:
Play dough/clay
A square of paper (large enough to wrap the skull in)
Materials to imprint the skull with (“graveyard” dirt, Mugwort, Wormwood, Copal, Myhhr used here)
A square of cloth to wrap the bundle in.
Alcohol offering.
Lancet or blood letting device
Incense.

Crush up the materials and knead them into the clay.

Form the clay into a disc or similar for the skull to sit on.

Draw the sigil/symbol for the entity you’re calling on to obtain the spirit from (Kali shown here).

Place the clay and skull over the sigil/symbol.

Light the incense. Repeat this the next two nights. Save the ash.

Call out to the entity and state your purpose. Any asks of the spirit type should be included.

Present your offering to the Deity.

Dribble some alcohol over the skull. Repeat this the next two nights.

On the third night, after the offerings, combine the remaining dirt and ash.

Wrap the skull, clay, and mixture up with the paper, like a package. Cover this with the cloth.

Bury the package for 1-3 days, depending on what you’re told or feel is appropriate.

Retrieve the package and unwrap it to expose the skull.

Call out to the Deity and thank them for the spirit.

Speak to the spirit and give it the rules you expect it to live by and what your expectations are.

Place a drop of blood on the skull, to signify your acceptance of the entity.

Burn any remaining items in a fire or bury them responsibly.

About the materials…
These materials are used to imbue the skull with those properties. This will affect the spirit over time to give it more of that type of energy. The clay can be changed out with other materials as desired. The clay also acts as a stand for it to sit on.

About the spirit…
The spirit should be in and attached to the skull at the end of the third day. The Deity is the one who does this for you and using one is preferred, since coming across one elsewhere is a crap shoot. The 1-3 days of being buried is to help the newly housed spirit get comfortable with the situation.

I would encourage you to spend some time thinking about what type of spirit you’re looking for. You can do it blindly and let the Deity choose for you, which is what I did. If a specific spirit type is needed, like a “Hungry Ghost” or a vampiric one, then go for that type. This isn’t much different than requesting a familiar. Here, we’re focused on the Dead and Death entities.

About the house…
A skull is used here, but it doesn’t have to be a skull. You could choose a bone, crystal, rock, etc… I prefer natural materials, but that’s your choice to make.

Have fun.

6 Likes