Rituals, Musings, and Misc

Thanks to @Mythopoeia’s list of online grimoires

I finally read Sorceress Cagliastro’s Blood Sorcery Bible. Given that I’m really into using blood, it was past due.

And I’m not going to purchase a physical copy. Her spicy attitude was nice, but she was definitely a bit gatekeepy on who can call themselves what. She must’ve forgotten people don’t need her permission.

The rituals in it are okay, I guess. I can’t speak to how well they work, because she doesn’t really say much besides take blood from here for this/that. There are some other things thrown in, but that’s the basic premise.

There is some additional talk of magnets, opening portals, and whatnot, but they aren’t discussed very well at all. If you already get what they’re doing, you don’t need it.

The book is about Blood Sorcery, but there’s a lot of working with the dead for specific tasks in it. Most of what would be Necromancy proper isn’t explained and the unsaid explanation is because it’s a Blood Sorcery book. But a significant amount of material is devoted to her working with the dead and doesn’t really provide much useful info about those areas. Again, if you know, you know.

I did want to say that her “portals” don’t see to be much more than energy collections where it’s focused a bit towards something. It’s really just a focal point that some energy has been put into. If your interest in that area needs wetted, this isn’t the book for that.

7 Likes