Random Magick related questions

Protection…? As an offering to other spirits that come by? Because they’re trying new things out and want to see if it works?

I feel like there’s a few good answers but I’m not confident in any of them seeing as I’ve never done this. I do have a ‘temple guardian’ of sorts, he’s an egregore but gets free reign of my home and wherever else if I bring him along with me places. And I have a dragon friend that I wouldn’t dare bind to anything that hangs out a lot in my ritual area, but no one bound that way that isn’t for baneful workings. Maybe I’m not the best to answer this question, but aside from the three reasons above, I have no idea.

4 Likes

All of your answers could be right.

But from what I saw/felt, I was thinking protection too.

Edit: Ive just never seen it before so of course Im curious :grin:

2 Likes

Its like a rock in each of the four corners of their temple with the same spirit bound to each rock.

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool! Maybe I will trying something like that in the near future.

3 Likes

Let me know if you do and what results you get!

2 Likes

The ones I saw looked like these

With some type of permanent marker used to draw the spirits sigil. Or something similar to a sigil.

4 Likes

This could be to saturate the space with that entity’s energy. If they were to do it in different places, with different energies, it would be similar to calling the directions with those spirits with larger amounts of stored energy than a single space would likely have.

6 Likes

:frowning_with_open_mouth::dizzy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

4 Likes

Got 2 small magical related questions and a search found this thread so hopefully it’s the right place to ask them…

1. Is it true animals especially dogs and cats see spirits?

2. Does ordinary salt (unblessed, not magically prepared salt) have any magical properties like being a protective element (like could it ward or protect a place
    on it own keeping I’ll intending spirits out by itself)?
    Like say you went to a hotel could you use it around the bed or at the door?

4 Likes

There are still negative spirits in and near the oceans. And after hurricanes. And in areas with salty breezes.

My opinion is that they are more instinctual about environments, so they notice differences. I have 3 cats and the only time they care is when something is very different from the usual. They don’t favor the views in my yard where spirits tend to congregate, but have noticed when some come into the house more fully than others.

4 Likes

So then, I guess you’re saying the salt would have to be prepared in some way like consecrated. Good to know.

3 Likes

You might find it interesting that in the book of Azathoth, he wants you to use salt circles to attract those spirits.

Yeah, just like twigs on the ground, they’re only magical when used as such.

4 Likes

And @anon75849095 @Dankquanicus botj probably feel differently than that, so hopefully they’ll weigh in to balance the conversation.

4 Likes

This statement is generally considered to be factually correct by most occultists. I read a book years ago from and Indian author, and I do not recall the name or title, but it essentially broke things down into about a 6 definable realities of spirit world our world, a water world, an animal, world, an upper and lower astral.

This view is somewhat consistent with western understandings of this to, actually if one actually reads books from the Indian occultism and western side by side the parallels amazing but that’s a different topic.

Most angels and demons operate or perhaps reside in the astral realm either upper lower. The lower has typically “yucky” vibes, twisted hellscape Sitra Achra environments or massive areas of uninhabited desolation. Here especially in densely packed areas you’ll find the ghosts of mrderers, rposts, etc floating through a wretched afterlife searching for things that contain enough life force for their astral body to consume so they continue to exist. This is where are alot of astral wildlife such as parasitic entities live too, and some nature spirits like the unseelie fey.

To come full circle, yes animals see into these planes on a seemingly at will basis. What did you think was happening when your pet was chasing something completely invisible to you?

5 Likes

It’s like this…

Everything has different vibrational rates and properties inherent in them. I’m going to talk minerals now because you brought up salt. What I’m about to say is true for plants and pretty much everything else including human kind and specifically you and I and everyone else has… properties in an energetic sense.

Alright here’s an example. Go ahead and google the properties of blue agate right now. I myself don’t need to that was drilled into me many moons ago. To know though it’s worth a look. Now you’re gonna find 20 sources that say kinda the same and kinda different things. A person describing the properties of something is only gonna do as good a job describing that thing as he is able to perceive, so some see more properties than others but still there is time honored consensus.

I’m gonna say well blue agate helps with communication with spirits, which is is true. ( Made one a year or two ago for my son who is just getting started in the game and had trouble establishing a quality psychic connection with his pantheon, he swears by the bracelet… anyway)

So blue agate has this quality and confers it by way of possession, ownership and proximity, and being able to perceive it’s energy, connect and commune with it. If you hold a piece of blue agate and start babbling “oh great spirit give us your message”. You’re probably not going to hear a damn thing but yourself. Most people simply cannot sense the properties because it’s too fine for them to pick up. The only way they seem to know if something is good for them is “do I do s it beautiful, or not”. That attraction is a clue actually…

Now when a stone is opened,.like a seal or sigil, connection is made, and consent to work together is achieved, then the stone can be told what to fo us on. If your asking a blue agate to help with spirit communication you happen to be in luck cuz that’s what he likes doing already so he’s good at it. Now comes removing unwanted energies it picked before you got it, then comes the charge or programming then comes energizing or awaken the chi within the stone. Most of us use a brass singing bowl to supercharge and wake the spirit through vibration. Now if you’re really fucking slick…check this out… now you take a powerful symbol like the black bead on the bracelet. That is a chi force activator, this one gives a measure of protection from evil spirits, so not only can you communicate with spirits easier, you’re also safer.

So basically I mean to say this, each stone HAS inherent properties, but in the hands of a skilled Feng Shui practicioner or western style magician, they can be amplified in power greatly,then with a chi force activator they become unified and powerful.

How does this help you though. Because your aura had an energy signature and vibration rate and inherent qualities, this attracts to you unconsciously things in your life and world. Sometimes we attract stalkers abusive partners or are the target of bullies or criminals or just can’t get a date for example. This is cuz of your auras energy. When you wear a charged stone accessory you create an alchemical transfiguration of your aura, the stones energy changes yours and you attract something you want, repel something you don’t or are imbued with a desired property from the stones.

It works with pretty much everything btw.

Does ordinary salt have a vibration…well yeah it can be used sure, because your intent actually is the programming and charging of mineral. But to make this more long winded and complex than I already have ( to make the stupid or lazy abandon hope of gaining insight or technique) you should know not every “grade” mineral is the same.

Look … I use salt to purify and banish all the time. But kish I’m 99% sure my salt is more powerful than yours.

Peep game

This is not table salt, this is Himalayan salt. Because of what it is it absorbs more charge and delivers more powerful results, something like a professional strength or industrial grade Lysol of banishing minerals.

Other good salts can be sea salt, Rock salt, kosher salt is really great too.

So that’s what it is and does and that’s how it’s to be done and that’s how I dooze it dooze in the Temple of the Backwards Tree, everyday all day.

:v:
:sunglasses::call_me_hand::crown::horse::smoking:

Hope this helps somebody get it

8 Likes

This was a good topic to tag me in @norse900 thank you for thinking of me. I don’t think I know everything there is to know but I’ve got enough nuts and bolts figured out that with coherent systems like Ayurveda, Flying Stars Feng Shui, and straight up Western occultism, I’ve been able to by trial and error, and really just fucking around and finding out ( a truly time honored way of gaining Insight and experience :laughing::laughing::laughing:) I’ve been able to put this together, synthesize and create my own hybrid methods that break free of the traditions I learned from and were valuable for a time for me but I had eventually outgrown.

Cool topic

:v:

6 Likes

Yeah, I thought you and Dank would add substance to my over-analytically astute point of view and that Kish would appreciate the different sides, since she also analyzes things.

5 Likes

I’m starting to talk like a technician about this stuff, if it’s obnoxious I’m sorry I don’t intend for it to be, but If it’s something I’ve tinkered with and gotten consistently satisfy results from using the philosophy or methods I’m happy to give a technical breakdown lol.

5 Likes

I don’t see any complaints

4 Likes

@DarkGodofQlippa Why is kosher salt better? I’ve heard this from people other than you, and now that I’ve heard it at least twice and don’t understand, I’m curious.

Also @Kish I use salt I haven’t put through cleansing or ritual in my rituals. Also things like rose petals, leaves, cloves, sugar, and other stuff. Sometimes I’ll give it my intention and sometimes I’ll just lay it out (sometimes because it’s pretty and other times because I’m guided to).

4 Likes