Random Magick related questions

For when you have a random Magick related question that you don’t want to just get lost in the social topic but it doesn’t really need its own thread either.it’s just a random question you thought of or something you have found.

My first random question is there a spirit/god anything that is named Hougan, Hugan , anything close to that? Just had a dream about it.

5 Likes

Perhaps Odin’s raven Huginn?
Otherwise, the context of the dream can help.

5 Likes

I was dreaming that I could here a man talking and he was saying something about paying respects to Hougan or similar , I could see the name written out but between asleep and awake I could be off a little on the spelling.

1 Like

My grandsons name is Odin. So I wonder :thinking:

2 Likes

Very interesting. Maybe someone else can help with it. Otherwise, calling upon them may yield interesting results.

1 Like

Yes it could. I want to make sure I get the right being though. But Odin’s Raven is a big possibility.

1 Like

Is there something like an evocation triangle but its a circle?

1 Like

If I understand your question correctly, not generally, no. The Golden Dawn (as far as I gather from Dion Fortune) considered the circle to be used for non physical manifestations of spirits, but the triangle is to be used for physical manifestations, which is part of evocation.

I’m not sure about traditional non-astrological ceremonial magick, I have not studied that much.

3 Likes

Im curious what traditions/methods you are drawn to, or may be drawn to you? A houngan or oungan is a male vodou priest.
Any connections there?

2 Likes

Usually I work with the goetia, Hekate, Azazel and the Egyptian and Greek pantheons. But I have worked with Papa Legba. And the Lwa have came to me before and helped with a certain magickal working.

1 Like

Has anyone worked with or contacted the Goddess Fotuna (Tyche)?

If so what does she like? I just got a statue of her and sorta want to give her a nice welcome to my home.

I already did what I know …a welcome candle

But I’m wondering if there were traditions for welcoming her into a home that I don’t know about because obviously I want to get off on the right footing with this goddess.

So anyone know what she likes?

Add: I wasn’t sure if I should ask here or make the question it’s own thread so I defaulted to ask here under questions.

2 Likes

I did a group ritual with her a few years ago. She was very pleasant from what I remember. There were three of doing a working with her for good fortune as I recall. It was successful.

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me why the circled image is considered a symbol of wealth?

2 Likes

Yes @Arianna the knocking kitty is a Chinese Feng Shui symbol of wealth. It’s true. Why…:man_shrugging:t3: I can’t tell you that. When I go to get my haircut today in the market square I’ll pass a Feng shui curio store I’ll snap a photo of this in a real life setting.

3 Likes

That would be so cool! Thank you!

I find that so interesting. I’d love to learn more about it.

1 Like

I believe this falls under the umbrella of the branch of Feng shui called flying stars

1 Like

And now I have more questions :rofl::sweat_smile:

Looks like I will have to go digging.

1 Like

Yeah if you want to chop it up about Feng shui sometime feel free to PM me. It’s an awesome style of Magick.

1 Like

Oh, thank you! I’m sure I will, once I read up on it a bit. I haven’t truly researched it. But now I want to dig into it.

It’ll be some good reading for me this weekend when I’m relaxing on my trip.

2 Likes

Isn’t it crazy how asking just one question can open up a whole new world for you? :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes