On the true nature of Reality

“the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.“

What’s the difference between subjective reality and objective one?

Does an objective reality exist?

How real and concrete is my personal experience?

8 Likes

I’ll get the ball rolling:

first of all, I cannot define every word I use because it would make it hard to read.

To me no objective reality exists. By this I mean the only reality that exists is the observed kind.

What makes the reality concrete is the belief of billions of people it’s so. I call it the matrix from the movie by the same name:“table of numbers , arranged in rows and columns, which is used to represent a mathematical object or a property of such an object.”.

So, basically that makes us numbers in the memory of a big machine: the world.

The masses basically make the inertia against which magic is done:“a tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged.”

magic is the spark that ignites the flame that melts the ice of inertia to create the flow of natural coincidences to work the will of the wizard.

2 Likes

Reality has to be real right?

If it’s not we’re just floating in space-time.

That’s exactly what is happening.

The floating part.

The solid, liquid, gas and plasma states of matter are just a scientific convention.The solid state is just cooled liquid,
As the liquid is cooled gas and gas is cooled plasma.

Cooling and heating: “ Heat is the transfer of kinetic energy from one medium or object to another, or from an energy source to a medium or object . Such energy transfer can occur in three ways: radiation, conduction, and convection.”

Energy: “the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.”

I define energy as white light and matter as black light. Why? Energy and matter are two sides of the same coin.

Matter is more dense and dark, while energy is more airy and light.

4 Likes

Some would say that there is no reality but the things we agree to be real. A professor in college agreed with this point of view, so I told him I didn’t agree with gravity so he could jump from a 10th floor. He didn’t jump.

There is an objective reality that depends nothing on us. As I understand it in my current model of the universe (a bunch of ideas I use to make sense of things), there is something and someone watching from afar this chaotic place that at some point will collapse on its own weight.

All in all, the more I think about this the more I think the world (universe, multiverse) is populated by toddlers blind on cocaine. The lacks of adults on Earth would explain a thing or two.

Great thread, by the way.

5 Likes

@ReyCuervo Gravity, time, space are all forces working on the body and on the brain as a physical object.

They help build the causal reality. Now, I for one am under the thumb of this reality, at least in my body.

We also all need food, shelter etc, again because of our bodies. It’s just the weakest link in the chain of makes up a human: an animal in my view, although some say god.

If the weakest link becomes acausal, meaning starting with not being a complete slave to time, then and only then can we start talking of everything being consciousness and subjective reality.

If we cannot do that, that all the spirit communication, all the knowledge in the world, even all the riches of the world won’t prolong and improve the quality of my life.

I’ve had time play tricks on me and I’m sure many others have as well, time is the first guardian at the gates of godhood. If I can just consistently manipulate it, then the other stronger guardians like space and gravity will also start falling…

How does that sound to you?

3 Likes

I’ve had this thread open for a few days meaning to respond when I could find the time.

Classic Rey :woman_facepalming: :laughing:

Actuality, this perspective does make me consider my own perspective somewhat, since I was about to declare that subjective reality is the only reality.

A good counterpoint.

I personally think getting comfortable with the rejection of linear time, and/or with retrocausality, was a big step forward for me. There’s been a few times where I’ve idly thought about something, had it occur in “objective” reality, and then performed a ritual for it afterwards. I’ve also done things like deliberately creating a mental anchor (just solidly cementing the memory of a specific point of time in my head), and then later “travelling” back to that anchor, and subjectively tweaking it (from an imaginary/magickal perspective) toward something I wanted to occur. I found that those experiments were successful (the latter were subtle and played out over time, but they were successful still).

It’s a huge question. Like Rey said, you can oppose someone else’s purist subjective-only reality view by asking them to defy a law of objective reality. I think that has merit.

For myself I think both both are valid; but with that said, I pay more attention to my own subjective reality. I respect the laws of physics and gravity and things like that; indeed, I am devoted to the “law” of assumption as my main paradigm, and it’s arguably far more subjective than objective, in terms of how it influences reality.

At the same time, I am very aware that what we consider to be “reality” is simply a series of electrical impulses sparking off neurons on our brain based off “external” feedback. If there were no subjective filters to perceive them, how could we perceive so-called objective reality? …I dunno, it makes sense in my head, but sounds weird to say aloud.

4 Likes

First, this is a very thorny subject, so I’m glad people are responding.

Let’s define some of the terms we use to make the discussion more precise:

Subject:” likely or prone to be affected by (a particular condition or occurrence, typically an unwelcome or unpleasant one).” v. “a person or thing that is being discussed, described, or dealt with.”

Object:” a material thing that can be seen and touched.” v. “ a person or thing to which a specified action or feeling is directed.”

So, a subject can be an object and vice versa.

Therefore, there’s a duality between the objective and subjective realities. Why? Because subjective laws shape objective ones and the other way around.

How can this be if we cannot fly/float/defy gravity for example like @ReyCuervo says…

Magic is only possible because of this tension. It relies on Consciousness that is only possible because we have the the subconscious that needs the shadow for a power source.

This is my theory/UPG/ I would love any and all feedback on this…

1 Like

Also, when you touch on deep subjects contradictions seem to creep in: “ a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.”

also “ a person, thing, or situation in which inconsistent elements are present.”

Our world is inherently dualistic, that’s just its nature. It needs forces to operate and forces only exist where there’s a dipole: “ a pair of equal and oppositely charged or magnetized poles separated by a distance.” why? Opposites breed friction and that creates energy.

2 Likes

Why does reality need energy to exist?

It’s an active construct: it has active laws, like gravity that need enforcement. That requires a lot of energy to do. If the energy runs out, the laws aren’t enforced and they’re just a dead letter.

Let’s take gravity for instance, because it’s one of the most foundational laws: it works, because objects have mass, it even works on light because light apparently has mass?

There’s the force of anti-gravity:Anti-gravity article

Why does it work?let’s first define Gravity:” the force that attracts a body toward the center of the earth, or toward any other physical body having mass.”

So anti-gravity is a repellent force. The polar opposite of its twin

2 Likes

I’m writing this because I need the philosophy of magic.

I need to understand the physical reality.

I need to get the mechanisms behind the scenes of it.

Which mode/version/state of consciousness is the “real” one?

The regular everyday, the meditative one or maybe the dream one?

I need to ask questions without answering them. I need to remain in doubt.

In Hebrew doubt is called saphek, that’s in gematria 240 same as Amalek.

Amalek in Hebrew means that which separates the head from the body, or endless analysis without action.

2 Likes

What’s the reason for my misunderstanding reality?

Lack of doubt, too much certainty. Jumping to conclusions.

Basically, too much kedusha and too little Amalek in my life.

Here’s an interesting verse from the Bible: “ Exodus 17:16, NIV: He said, 'Because hands were lifted up against the throne of the LORD, the LORD will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation. '”

In Hebrew the word for hand is yad that also denotes ownership of kesYa= throne of the LORD.

Amalek in every generation is fighting to own the throne of Yah, half the name of Yahweh, with the weh omitted.

Now, a simple Google search reveals that Yah/jah is short for Yahweh, but I disagree.

Yahweh is just a placeholder name for the four worlds of creation: yod for atziluth, first heh for briah, vav for yetzirah and last heh for assiah.

In the Sefer of Sitrah Ahra the author refers to Deus Aliens as the alien god, so to me in my world this means that assiah is the highest world with atziluth being the lowest revealed world. With the name of god being Hewhay

When I studied Qabbalah under a rabbi, he talked of kotcha shel yod, the tip of the yod and the world of Adam kadmon as higher/lower world depending on your perspective from atziluth. Beneath/above that is the wasteland of tohu/bohu/chosheh: “ Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.”

For me in my experience, understanding comes from dissection, so let’s go back to Amalek.

1 Like

I went down a rabbit hole on simulation theory. It’s a weird one. Here’s a couple articles:

One point I read somewhere (forgot where) was that we see patterns emerge at the subatomic level that have also repeated at much larger (and smaller) scales. The fact that there are these repeating patterns/structures (for eg the atom, the Fibonacci number/pattern , etc…) that exist and repeat throughout nature, there is an argument that everything we know is just coded simulation. I also read somewhere that since we have already created the technology to make increasingly lifelike simulations, the probability of living in one is much higher…
Then I read about this figure named Loab that has been seen in AI art and always in unsettling images, triggered by the same prompt that one article described as working “like an incantation” that summons Loab. :woman_shrugging:t2:
But there are also many things that refute simulation theory so …food for thought

4 Likes

You’ve given me a lot of food for thought.

If we’re a simulation, then someone is keeping track of us. So, we’re being judged. Being judged means we’re having judgement directed towards us, mercy is directed towards the beings running the simulation because of Newton’s third law.

Mercy is basically energy, life v. Judgement that’s death and contraction.

In Judaism when a person dies Orthodox Jews bless: “ Baruch Dayan haEmet” blessed be the one who judges truthfully.

This multiverse is binary as previously stated.

2 Likes

So, what’s the false nature of reality?
If we’re to know truth we must know the lie/falsity?

“ appearing to be the thing denoted; deliberately made or meant to deceive.”

V. “ not according with truth or fact; incorrect.”

A lie is:” an intentionally false statement.” v.
“ used with reference to a situation involving deception or founded on a mistaken impression.”

So, a lie must be intentional v. A false statement that can, but doesn’t have to be premeditated.

Let’s define additional connected terms: illusion and delusion.

The first is: “ a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses.” v. “ a deceptive appearance or impression.” v “ a false idea or belief.”

The second is: “ a false belief or judgment about external reality, held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, occurring especially in mental conditions.”

So the former is just a mistake and relatively neutral while the latter is negative and stronger.

2 Likes

@ReyCuervo @Veil am I allowed to talk about mental illness here, or is it too traumatic/triggering subject? Just a philosophical discussion tying in with my other posts.

2 Likes

Allowed. Just do it with your eyes in science and everything will be fine.

By this I mean to respect what science knows about the human brain (the organ we understand the less). I’ve seen people with clear signs of schizophrenia being told they’re being attacked by archons or reptilians and that’s a no-go here.

5 Likes

Ok. Cool. Ty.

2 Likes

Let’s define mental illness:

A wide range of conditions that affect mood, thinking, and behavior.

MOST COMMON TYPES

Clinical depression
A mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life.

Anxiety disorder
A mental health disorder characterized by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that are strong enough to interfere with one’s daily activities

Bipolar disorder
A disorder associated with episodes of mood swings ranging from depressive lows to manic highs.

Why use these definitions and why omit schizophrenia?

A disorder that affects a person’s ability to think, feel, and behave clearly.

The exact cause of schizophrenia isn’t known, but a combination of genetics, environment, and altered brain chemistry and structure may play a role.

The playing field is that working with the qlipoth and sphiroth and doing magic in general can be dangerous if not practiced under the guidance of a good and experienced teacher and can cause physical as well as mental problems.

I’m going to present my theory of the why, not how of reality: Genesis 1:1-2

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.”

To me those two verses contradict each other. Why? Syntactically speaking in Hebrew the heavens are the first object and the the earth the second, so technically the heavens were created before the earth. In the second it’s said that the earth existed and then in later verses god created the sky.

In my view, this can be solved in two ways: maybe the heavens is paradise, the spiritual firmament and the spiritual earth was created later or it’s a contradiction.

If it’s a contradiction, in the Talmud it says that if two verses contradict each other there will be a third verse that will come and judge between them: Génesis 2:4” 4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.”

In the latter half of this verse the earth was constructed before the sky.

Physical earth had to be constructed before the physical sky. That’s just how you build a house. Genesis starts with the letter Beth, meaning a hous. Bait in Hebrew.

2 Likes

So, where am I going with this? Mental illness causes delusions. This delusions aren’t shared by fellow human beings. But, it also causes visions, by this I mean something that has root in the material reality.

Meaning in material earth. Meaning the earth yehowah elohim made. And is not included in the definition of a delusion, to which I will add rooted in spiritual sky/firmament only.

A good analogy is weather: it changes frequently enough, usually once a day v. Climate in a specific area that’s tied to a specific patch of land v. Underground landmass movements that happen everywhere, except in special areas, relatively the same.

2 Likes