On Magick and Effort

I agree, @Verdo made a brilliant point with how people treat baneful magick.

4 Likes

Iā€™m super late back to the party, but my life is absolute chaos. Gotta get my fun in where I can!

Response, to not clutter up the thread

Iā€™ve never noticed that (not to mention I know 0 about natal charts, too, lol). What an interesting observation!

That is extremely helpful, Astrology appears extremely complicated to me, so Iā€™ve steered from it. Sounds like big brain stuff, I haveā€“most timesā€“small brain. lol

A constant mood for me.

shocked-surprised

Oh man! Thatā€™s super interesting!!

Ooh, @Dankquanicus, youā€™ve given me a lot to think about and research!

giphy

Response, to not clutter up the thread

I sometimes wonder if itā€™s a matter of accountability. If you DO tell someone to put the poison in (or, tell someone how to make a pact with a demon and they have a mental disorder that leads them to kill multiple people during psychosis) youā€™re kinda implicated. :woman_shrugging: (Though I guess thatā€™s your point with the orange juice, so all this to say I agree with you).

In personal experience (UPG), it reminds me of the curse jars that I did for two individuals that (in both cases) caused a death in the family inadvertently right after the making of them. That was a ā€œcreate the jar and sprinkle some intention in there.ā€

Youā€™ve definitely caused me to think more critically about this. Youā€™re absolutely right. Putting the ā€œBaneful Principleā€ in my personal journal (maybe close to the front pageā€“thatā€™s some real next-level thinking right there).

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Could you imagine what that would be like in court? I feel like that could be a great TV show there. Mundane lawyers with no magical experience navigating these situations.

I LOVE this! Adding that to my favorite quotes.

Thanks to both for letting my jump in here and giving me a lot to think about. This is absolutely AMAZING!

5 Likes

This is a very well-timed post; I have been thinking about this a lot recently as well. My experiences echo yours very closely. I prefer to be passive and receptive rather than active, and this tends to work out much better for me. Rituals are ā€œset and forgetā€, and my main work with the Law of Consciousness kind of requires or demands passivity instead of ā€œmessing with the middleā€, i.e., trying to do anything in the mundane world to affect or speed up results.

The ā€œsphere of influenceā€ we have is a big part of it, but I also canā€™t deny that Iā€™ve had things essentially handed to me on a silver platter with no active or forceful influence involved, just the simple recognition that something (a ā€œmiracleā€) can happen, and from there it is not a far stretch for me to believe it will happen, or has already happened, so I give thanks for it. Again, this is me putting the Law to work.

For instance, I am currently living rent-free in an expensive city, with a new job that lets me work from home every day, with a ~$20k/year pay raise from my last job, a complete lack of micromanagement, a fuckload of free time, and a lot of income sources (bulk money being given to me out of nowhere at no particular request). The most mundane work I had to do was literally apply for one job ā€“ ONE ā€“ and 7 days later I was signing the paperwork. It was my dream job and someone else found it for me and sent me the application link.

I agree that for things like physical changes or habits, some mundane work might be needed. Although then again, why not use magick to change your own habits and motivation? Iā€™ve always felt a bit alone in my sense that things come to me without mundane effort, or with minimal mundane effort, when most grimoires tell you that you need to put in some kind of mundane effort to get what you want. I never found that to be the case, in fact, I found ā€œmessing with the middleā€ often fucked up my results. So this this thread gives me life.

8 Likes

I agree. Magic can and should be used to grease the wheels of life.

1 Like