Norse's Necromantic/Death Musings

Let go into some detail here, because there was an important thing I’ve noticed before, but certainly did here that bears mentioning in more of this type of thread.

I mentioned in the last entry that I had an honor guard of sorts as I made my way through the cemetery. This was one of the most active cemeteries I’ve been to and there were only a few spirits I noticed as I started walking through it. Yet, there were over a dozen walking with me as I made my way through the place.

Graves are a marker or sorts to connecting with these spirits, but it’s not like they largely reside there. Only a few there when I started, but that doesn’t mean they were there like that all the time. One of them felt more residual than coherent, but this could’ve been me and my focus to find the little grave I was looking for.

I did want to bring up that I have good responses from most former soldiers. I’ve had some not be interested, but nothing hostile (yet). I chalk this up to them sensing that I was one and served overseas. They seem to know this. I had several dozen show up to volunteer to help with things they agree with. Absolutely. I salute them as I come to their areas or them come in groups like that.

So, WHY did they come when they weren’t initially there? My opinion here, based on experience and plain old analysis. May change over time. I will struggle to find the words, too.

Graves act as a sort of binding/linking to this plane. When a necromancer or similar comes through their area, you can feel their attention or eyes on you, if they’re still coherent and not heavily focused. The necromancer acts like a beacon or sorts, a sort of light in the darkness between the planes. If they agree with the type of light(s) the person exhibits, they can choose come forward. They can also ignore it, of course. We’re not talking about calling them specifically here.

I’ve seen some of them in my ritual space as I called out to them (non-forcefully) last night to present an incense offering they could enjoy. I did two different joss sticks, since there were so many new faces.

I guess that’s really what I wanted to relate. That there’s a link and just because you don’t see a bunch of activity up front, doesn’t mean it will stay that way. If you’d like to get a sample of how receptive the spirits are in any particular area, then send your consciousness out into the cemetery as a whole and beacon outwards with an intent like “to all of the spirits that would be willing to work with me”. Presenting offerings can definitely goa long way, too. So, I would beacon after doing that and would be sure to give the offerings being genuine and honest that they are for them without strings. They will know.

4 Likes