Mythopoeia's Four Thieves Vinegar

Mythopoeia’s Four Thieves Vinegar

This is my version of four thieves vinegar that I made in ritual with Hekate and the Gorgons. It is meant to be used on floors and counters to ward the home. It will corrode marble. Vodka could be added to create a mirror cleanser. White wine vinegar could be used instead of red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.

I had to make this during a Waning Crescent Moon (Libra), because life, but this would ideally be done on a First Quarter Moon. I made mine on a Monday during the hour of Mercury, because life, but planetary days and hours of Saturn / Mars / Moon would be preferable.

Ingredients:

• Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Bay Leaves
  • Chamomile
  • Cinnamon Bark
  • Clove
  • Fennel
  • Garlic
  • Horehound
  • Lavender
  • Mint
  • Mugwort
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Rosemary
  • Sage
  • Stinging Nettle
  • Thyme
  • Vervain
  • Wormwood

Step One: Call Hekate

Set your ritual space and call Hekate however you like. I use the system developed by Jason Miller. Make sure you have your ingredients with you, in your ritual space.

Address Hekate further, calling upon her ferocious and protective aspects:

Hekate Adamantea!
Hekate Agriope!
Hekate Alexeatis!
Hekate Apotropaios!
Hekate Ephoros!
Hekate Episkopos!
Hekate Limenskopos!
Hekate Medeousa!
Hekate Pandamateira!
Hekate Pasimedeonsa!
Hekate Theroktomos!

Bless and empower this aceta!
Shine your twin torches on all who would enter my space
Illuminate their nature and their intent
Close the gates and deny the keys, preventing entry
To all which would bring harm, sickness, and ill-intent
Send your serpents, hounds, and monstrous dead
To chase them off and keep them from returning
Mighty Hekate, add your great power to mine!
Bless and empower this aceta!

Step Two: Call the Gorgons

Call upon Euryale, Stheno, and Medusa to do the same. I use the SOH Invocation of the Gorgons, which cannot be shared outside of the course. You can write your own.

Step Three: Alchemy

Cleanse all of your ingredients and vessels and tools, however you see fit. I used mantra and mudra. I would normally use incense as well, but was not able too, because life. I had a funnel and two glass bottles (1 liter each). I consecrated and charged them with mantra and visualization. As I added each ingredient, I told it which properties I was calling upon and what I wanted it to do. Clove is fiercer than Rosemary, for example, so I stressed this when adding Clove. I mentioned their planetary associations when relevant (Wormwood and Mars, for example).

Add the vinegar last. I opted for one bottle pure ACV (with the mother), and one mixed ACV and red wine vinegar.

Step Four: Repeat

I cleansed the final products and called upon Hekate and the Gorgons to add their power again, using the same addresses from before. I draped the bottles with a protective medusa amulet I had already enchanted with the Gorgons (and anointed with hellhound oil).

Let sit for at least two weeks. Strain and keep it in a cool, dark place to prolong expiration (boosts it from ca. 5 months to roughly 2 years). Keep the herbs! You can dry them and use them to make a protective or banishing powder.

6 Likes

Dark Moon in Scorpio
Tuesday, Hour of Jupiter

I do not have the privacy needed to go all out tonight, which is an absolute shame because it is a Dark Moon in Scorpio right before Halloween (would have loved to consecrate my black mirror), but I was able to do a protective candle spell for general protection and to fortify the vinegars. I will add some of the leftover wax to a protective car charm I am planning.

I used a planetary call from Jason Miller’s Advanced Planetary Magick.

I used Protection Oil from Belladonna’s Botanicals; its less aggressive then my Hellhound Oil. Aggression and cars do not mix well.

1 Like

I used this one to make fire cider. Garlic, red chili flakes, fresh hot green peppers, fresh ginger, pickled jalepeño juice, and fresh orange slices.

Honestly I should have stated this before December. At least I had the good sense to make a mullein / thyme / sage / horehound / la pacho tincture in advance.

3 Likes